Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
Wow. Guess i will respond to some of the things said after i mentioned i would donate some of the profits.

"This is whats wrong with the world"

You live in a shiny shiny place if my opinion is what you think is wrong with the world lol.

"Donating is something people say that didn't pull it"

I had no interest in the product. Just not my thing. Nothing wrong with it and I am sure lots of people really like it. Had I been interested and i pulled I promise you I would make a nice donation. I wouldnt want to profit off that name and not give something back. Just me and how I think.

This makes me dumb?

Its the ops card and if he looks at it different thats cool. I would donate some to even out the fact that I am "profitting" of a monster... of course the op isn't responsible for hitlers sad actions (said to someone else) but why not give some back?

I donate to people less fortunate alott... and i dont have any more than most people just getting by in life. People are built differently and see things differently. No reason to get but hurt
Because he isn't responsible for Hitlers sad actions.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #77 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Personally if I had the funds, I would get it and burn it, taking no consideration into the historical significance of it, but that is my gut talking.
No, no no. What you do is start a Paypal donation fund where if it reaches $X you will burn the card live-streaming. It could be personal or a charity fund. That way you get to burn it and make money/donate money.

BTW, it lost a lot of historical significance as soon as it was chopped from the original document. Everyone talking about the sanctity of history seems to have ignored how it got into the card in the first place: destruction of a historical document.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #78 (permalink)

Damn Tim! I guess the 1/1 Christy Mathewson wasn't big enough for you?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #79 (permalink)

sweet hit I agree with XL5 big time on this one. The autograph lost more historical significance when it was chopped off of a document. Especially if it was a letter from the time period of World War II.
osufan2383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

Its about having a piece of history not collecting it as if they are some sort of idol
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
Wow. Guess i will respond to some of the things said after i mentioned i would donate some of the profits.

"This is whats wrong with the world"

You live in a shiny shiny place if my opinion is what you think is wrong with the world lol.

"Donating is something people say that didn't pull it"

I had no interest in the product. Just not my thing. Nothing wrong with it and I am sure lots of people really like it. Had I been interested and i pulled I promise you I would make a nice donation. I wouldnt want to profit off that name and not give something back. Just me and how I think.

This makes me dumb?

Its the ops card and if he looks at it different thats cool. I would donate some to even out the fact that I am "profitting" of a monster... of course the op isn't responsible for hitlers sad actions (said to someone else) but why not give some back?

I donate to people less fortunate alott... and i dont have any more than most people just getting by in life. People are built differently and see things differently. No reason to get but hurt :D
There ya go, I have no problem with donating to the less fortunate, but why does that include decendants of the holocaust, they could be milionaires for all you know. I have the problem of the something happened bad to your ancestors 200 years ago, here is some money thing, there is plenty of other people that need the help. JMO.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #82 (permalink)

I think that card it amazing by the way. I mean as a history major who specializes in World War II studies I would love that card or any other autographs of World War II figures. Where I volunteer our director is bringing in his first american edition Mein Kempf to give to the center. It may sound weird why an American WWII center would want it. But, people forget that was what started Hitler's reign and helped create the situation and feeling of World War II
Old 11-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Because he isn't responsible for Hitlers sad actions.
rhetorical question - Wiktionary
Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
Amazing...

But really creppy...
Beyond creppy.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
I agree with jp98. Its a shame the card will sell for a lot. Makes you wonder if people would want a Bin Laden cut later on.
Yes they would because people are money grubbing Ghouls. And everyone can save thier historical signifigence speeches. The guy slaughtered millions of people. Nothing you can say or do can justify that. Nothing.

Last edited by cking; 11-05-2011 at 01:49 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #85 (permalink)

wow Amazing card
heyu818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Beyond creppy.......

Yes they would because people are money grubbing Ghouls. And everyone can save thier historical signifigence speeches. The guy slaughtered millions of people. Nothing you can say or do can justify that. Nothing.
I agree, but we must remember. For if we forget, it will happen again.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #87 (permalink)

Im amazed by this,how can they put out a card like this,ebay wont even let it up for sale,nice pull none the less,but auction it off would be my move,as i would not be a proud owner of a ww2 killer,this is nuts,what would be the iceing on the cake if they would put out a bin laden as well,i guess money talks,bs walks,CRAZY!!!!!

Last edited by CARD COLLECTOR; 11-05-2011 at 10:29 AM.
CARD COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersdad View Post
I think he played soccer on the German National team.
then if at all for the national team of Austria. He was originally no german citizen.
UD Legends '97: 129/168

Last edited by Busstop; 11-05-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Busstop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Damn Tim! I guess the 1/1 Christy Mathewson wasn't big enough for you?
He pulled the Christy Mathewson cut:
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #90 (permalink)

Ebay had no problem with me selling the Saddam Hussein cut auto but pulled an auction for base card #1 that just pictured Hitler because someone reported it.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #91 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Man...I know how I'd feel pulling this if it were me. Considering he may have taken the lives of some people along my family tree...

I will say that it is one of those once in a lifetime type pulls and you will have a nice sale. I really would advise that some of the money from a sale go to a holocaust survivors charity or something along those lines.

I have no clue what this might net you, no clue if more cuts will show up down the line in other releases.

Personally if I had the funds, I would get it and burn it, taking no consideration into the historical significance of it, but that is my gut talking.

There are plenty of other items out there in this world that people are holding which probably have the same type of impact which may or may not make it out into the main stream in some sort of auction or card release.

For historians this is huge.

I mean how would someone in say Cuba feel about getting something w/JFK, or someone in Japan getting something w/FDR?
Sorry, but this analogy doesn't apply, considering the Holocaust took place in Europe, not the United States.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave#1fan View Post
He pulled the Christy Mathewson cut:
Yep, that SOB

He pulled it from 2011 Historic Autos "In Memory Of" Update edition. I love that product. I pulled a Joe DiMaggio cut auto a few weeks ago from it.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #93 (permalink)

amazing pull!!!!!!

you dont have to donate a thing to anyone!! buy a car! put a down payment on a house, if you dont have one! pay off credit cards or loans!!! or just keep it haha.

I cant believe people are telling you you have to donate money. are you people serious??
if you pulled the card i bet you wouldnt donate a thing!
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #94 (permalink)

Here is the one thing I will say about selling it or keeping it. Do what you feel is best. If you think you would regret letting the piece go down the road I would keep it. This is one card if you sell it you can never actually replace it.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Sorry, but this analogy doesn't apply, considering the Holocaust took place in Europe, not the United States.
Actually it isn't a bad analogy at all. FDR was the person that dropped the bombs wht killed an estimated 150,000-250,000 people...the vast majority of them were civillians. Exactly what does it matter where the deaths occurred?
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #96 (permalink)

take it to Pawn Stars!!
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #97 (permalink)

have 40 minor league harpers. offer me a price. also hundreds of 2010 bowman strasburgs
Jimbo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post
amazing pull!!!!!!

you dont have to donate a thing to anyone!! buy a car! put a down payment on a house, if you dont have one! pay off credit cards or loans!!! or just keep it haha.

I cant believe people are telling you you have to donate money. are you people serious??
if you pulled the card i bet you wouldnt donate a thing!
Totally agree with this post!!!
Congrats on the pull!!!!

What's wrong with the world is that a lot of people are just looking for hand-outs and not wanting to do things for themselves!!!!!!!
ebaycatdogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #99 (permalink)

Actually your wrong as well. FDR did not send the orders to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He had died before both Germany and Japan surrendered. Harry Truman was the person who gave the orders to drop the Atomic Bombs in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Actually it isn't a bad analogy at all. FDR was the person that dropped the bombs wht killed an estimated 150,000-250,000 people...the vast majority of them were civillians. Exactly what does it matter where the deaths occurred?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #100 (permalink)

i think it would be funny if some one from israel bought it and then burned it so no one could ever have it again!! better then some nazi,kkk or white supremist buying it

BUT IT GOES WITH OUT SAYING CONGRADS!!!!! ENJOY THE CASH YOU GET FROM IT WHEN U SELL!!! ANYONE ONE OF US WOULD BE HAPPY TO PULL THAT CARD!!! AS WE WOULD KNOW WE HIT THE JACKPOT.

Last edited by 248rayment4343; 11-05-2011 at 11:34 PM.
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote