Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK16 View Post
take it to Pawn Stars!!
Hell yeah...you would make the show for sure!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
hell yeah...you would make the show for sure!!!

great idea then you could get chumlee on there to ask who's hitler? Was he a sports guy or something!!

The only problem is they would try and b.s. You with the price. As in well you know the market for a item like that is small and it is gonna sit around the shop for awhile and take up a bunch of room but i could gave you 500.00
Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #103 (permalink)

Insane pull congrats!!!

Why the hell would the OP donate some of the money? Seriously you people are clowns....This is a piece of history...

Do you all donate money to shelters when you sell a Michael Vick auto?
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #104 (permalink)

Now THAT is an incredible pull. A piece of HISTORY to be sure. Ever since the product came out I did aloooot of thinking about if that was something I would even want in my house. My Grandpa was in WW2 and fought the SOB. But then I thought, It's a piece of history. You don't have that in your collection (well at least I hope not ) because you LIKE the guy, you have it because of the significance of that man's actions in shaping the world we live in. Good or bad. (In this case bad...lol). My Grandpa brought home a Nazi Pistol. More then likely used to kill either US soldiers or innocents. And to me having that in one's house is no different then a document signed by Hitler. Nobody is glorifying Hitler, its just History. Plain and simple. What if someone in Nagasaki or Hiroshima got upset over a Harry S. Truman signature? Just my 2 cents.
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #105 (permalink)

I like the Pawn Stars idea! I doubt they'd even make an offer on it though.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #106 (permalink)

Pawn Stars would be nice for the air time! You would have to sell for thousands less than youd expect to get tho
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Pawn Stars would be nice for the air time! You would have to sell for thousands less than youd expect to get tho
he wouldn't have to sell it, just walk away
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Insane pull congrats!!!

Why the hell would the OP donate some of the money? Seriously you people are clowns....This is a piece of history...

Do you all donate money to shelters when you sell a Michael Vick auto?
I mean, did the OP have a partnership with Hitler to where he should be donating money? People who think he should donate money because he pulled the autograph of a vile dictator from a pack/box of cards are flat out goofy.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post
Congratulations.

Brian Price
Brian,

I have to ask why you felt it necessary to put this peice into the set knowing it would be a chase peice. Couldnt you track down other heros to build the set around?
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittgrad0214 View Post
Brian,

I have to ask why you felt it necessary to put this peice into the set knowing it would be a chase peice. Couldnt you track down other heros to build the set around?
There are 1600 autos in this set. War has good guys and bad guys. If you want just good stuff, then the HORRORS of War is not a set for you.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
There are 1600 autos in this set. War has good guys and bad guys. If you want just good stuff, then the HORRORS of War is not a set for you.
You have a point there
CARD COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Brian,

I have news for you...every cut could be considered a "chase piece" as they are all one of a kind. So should we then have a set with just the American and Ally folks featured and call it Honor of War? War is indeed horrific and there has to be more than one side.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #113 (permalink)

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just amazing...

Congratulations!

I hope Famous Fabrics and other brands from this company will keep having AWESOME cards like this in the future. I've found a card company that I will stick with from now on. Keep up the great work Famous Fabrics

Yes, the Pawn Stars idea is great We all want to see you and the card on the show lol If not, send somebody else in there if you're camera shy...

Congrats again, just a great card with so much history and so much value! Sure it's bad history, but still a part of our history nonetheless.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #114 (permalink)

Where was this case purchased from?
verl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #115 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Brian,

WOW just WOW.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #116 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Fair question. I mean, what does Hitler have to do with WWII?

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I like the Pawn Stars idea! I doubt they'd even make an offer on it though.
You're right, they've said many times of the show they don't deal with Nazi memorabilia.
mbarnes1546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes1546 View Post
You're right, they've said many times of the show they don't deal with Nazi memorabilia.
^^This, but they will edit the segment in a fashion that makes you look like a bigoted jackass profiteering from the name of the most infamous war criminal the world has ever known. This way you'll get no cash and be embarrassed on a national cable television network!

I say go for it OP! This would no doubt result in epic LULZ. Card-collecting megavirgin goes on Pawn Stars to sell his latest prize pull, only to be pilloried in the national news media! Epic LULZ indeed.
AFC East Champions 1987, 1999
AFC South Champions 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009

Last edited by jmaxiu0204; 11-07-2011 at 12:04 PM.
jmaxiu0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #119 (permalink)

Crazy pull but I have to say the framing around the cut is awful - looks like a comic book.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #120 (permalink)

I post rarely but read this forum quite a bit. Though this is something I have to comment on. First of all, congrats on a great pull. Literally, the pull of a lifetime.

Secondly, there seems to be posters here that are on both sides of the fence with what to do with the money. Since I am a big history fanatic and also a big time capitalist, I would do the ONE thing that would have drove the crazy old turd Hitler nuts.

When you sell the card, go to your local synagogue and meet with the Rabbi. Don't get into specifics but ask him who in his congregation is in the worst financial straights and tell him you would like to do something "nice" for them. When you find out who it is, offer to pay their utility bills for the month and then take the entire family out for a great meal.

When it is all over and they ask you why you did this, tell them the story and that you wanted to do something that would be completely opposite of what Hitler would have wanted done. You keep 99% of the money and you get to take a shot at Hitler while doing and helping someone out.

As for those talking about donating it, if you were inclined to do so, the Simon Wiesenthal foundation. Just a few thoughts.
Cajuncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajuncowboy View Post
I post rarely but read this forum quite a bit. Though this is something I have to comment on. First of all, congrats on a great pull. Literally, the pull of a lifetime.

Secondly, there seems to be posters here that are on both sides of the fence with what to do with the money. Since I am a big history fanatic and also a big time capitalist, I would do the ONE thing that would have drove the crazy old turd Hitler nuts.

When you sell the card, go to your local synagogue and meet with the Rabbi. Don't get into specifics but ask him who in his congregation is in the worst financial straights and tell him you would like to do something "nice" for them. When you find out who it is, offer to pay their utility bills for the month and then take the entire family out for a great meal.

When it is all over and they ask you why you did this, tell them the story and that you wanted to do something that would be completely opposite of what Hitler would have wanted done. You keep 99% of the money and you get to take a shot at Hitler while doing and helping someone out.

As for those talking about donating it, if you were inclined to do so, the Simon Wiesenthal foundation. Just a few thoughts.
Why should the OP have to donate money because he pulled a Hitler autograph? Its like people on here feel because he pulled the Hitler auto he is now in association with Hitler. Since Hitler did bad and the OP pulled his card, he must now do good since Hitler didnt. Absolutley absurd guys.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #122 (permalink)

Next time I have a big pull, I'm going to donate the proceeds to the charity that the team is associated with.

No, I actually won't.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Actually it isn't a bad analogy at all. FDR was the person that dropped the bombs wht killed an estimated 150,000-250,000 people...the vast majority of them were civillians. Exactly what does it matter where the deaths occurred?
Japanese + FDR and Cuban + JFK does not = U.S. of American + Hitler. IF this card were pulled in Europe, the analogy would be valid, but at this point, it's pretty much a slippery slope.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Why should the OP have to donate money because he pulled a Hitler autograph? Its like people on here feel because he pulled the Hitler auto he is now in association with Hitler. Since Hitler did bad and the OP pulled his card, he must now do good since Hitler didnt. Absolutley absurd guys.
Ummm, where did I say he "should" do anything? I just gave a suggestion as to what he could do if he was so inclined. The OP should do whatever he wants to do with it. Don't be so touchy.
Cajuncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #125 (permalink)

how is it valid if FDR was not the one who called for the bombing of Japan it was Harry Truman

QUOTE=tajikey;1836720]Japanese + FDR and Cuban + JFK does not = U.S. of American + Hitler. IF this card were pulled in Europe, the analogy would be valid, but at this point, it's pretty much a slippery slope.[/QUOTE]
osufan2383 is offline   Reply With Quote