Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #151 (permalink)

I thought this was going to be a thread about you pulling off a stinky hitler on you girlfriend. Not sure what a stinky hitler is? Google it.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #152 (permalink)

This is a PUBLIC forum. I do not believe that typing JESUS CHRIST is going to send me to h-e-double hockey sticks. Since this is a PUBLIC forum then maybe YOU need to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK16 View Post
wow you people amaze me b/c i prefer to teach my son not to take the lords name in vein im making him a wuss to funny if you really knew me...and again this is a forum with women kids and men it isnt a bar where that kind of talk is acceptable. if it is to much for you to refrain from cursing on a public forum i guess you have bigger issues to worry about in your life
Pretty sad when grown men cant make a point on an internet forum without cussing and acting cool
Old 11-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You can request all you want, doesn't mean I'm going to oblige.
Actually you will and do oblige, or you would have already been booted.

Contrary to what some may think, you are not completely allowed to say whatever you want in this forum. Of course I know you know this. I'm just letting everyone else know it.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
This is a PUBLIC forum. I do not believe that typing JESUS CHRIST is going to send me to h-e-double hockey sticks. Since this is a PUBLIC forum then maybe YOU need to leave.
exactly it is a public forum keep in mind young impressionable kids read these forums.. if you want your kid talking like this fine, but i know i wont tolerate that language from my son..If you guys feel the need to be internet tough guys and cuss and act like you run the forum thats fine.. all i asked was for you guys to consider young kids read these forums and theres no need to type like that.. many other words could have been used to express the same point.
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #155 (permalink)

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #156 (permalink)

I don't think I am being an internet tough guy and I certainly don't run the forum. However....the people who do feel that #@#@#@#@ (defecation) and #@#@#@#@ (coitus) are swear words....but guess what they don't consider a swear word...Jesus Christ.

Quote:
exactly it is a public forum keep in mind young impressionable kids read these forums.. if you want your kid talking like this fine, but i know i wont tolerate that language from my son..If you guys feel the need to be internet tough guys and cuss and act like you run the forum thats fine.. all i asked was for you guys to consider young kids read these forums and theres no need to type like that.. many other words could have been used to express the same point.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #157 (permalink)

It looks like a stamp
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Photo Shopped I've never seen anyone w/o arms in real life
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #159 (permalink)

Sooooo, this thread is about Tim's gnarly pull - right?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Sooooo, this thread is about Tim's gnarly pull - right?
Byron on B/O how often does a thread ever stay on topic
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
guys - it's the third commandment of the 10 commandments, fyi.

"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."
Okay, since this actually came up, I am tempted to at least say that this is one of the most ridiculously misconstrued things in the Bible.

Do not use the Lord's name in vain... in other words

"Do not say "I love Jesus Christ, and I'm an excellent Christian, and therefore I'm perfect, etc, etc." and then go out and do all of the things that you yourself will condemn. In essence, don't make Christians look bad (something that people are frequently guilty of, especially those who get uppity about people saying the words "Jesus Christ")

Curse words are only curse words in the eye of the beholder. If everyone is sitting around saying eff, shite, mother boinker, etc. then are the words actually bad?

For those of you don't subscribe to the Christian religion, I apologize for this.

ANYWAYS.

Awesome pull! Hitler may have been a horrible person, but it's important to remember him historically. A man with Hitler's abilities would likely thrive as a leader in the current climate of the United States, unfortunately.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Stop indoctrinating your kids to believe fictional stories about zombies and talking snakes, then you won't have to worry about it.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #163 (permalink)

So I am guessing that the maker of this product is donating some of the profits they make from selling this stuff?
johnnym415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx11 View Post
Stop indoctrinating your kids to believe fictional stories about zombies and talking snakes, then you won't have to worry about it.
If every single human being truly followed and lived by the 10 commandments with all their heart, the world would not see murder, theft, etc. Will you deny this?

Quite frankly, I believe the world would be a better place if everyone believed in those stories you wish to demoralize.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If every single human being truly followed and lived by the 10 commandments with all their heart, the world would not see murder, theft, etc. Will you deny this?

Quite frankly, I believe the world would be a better place if everyone believed in those stories you wish to demoralize.
It was George Carlin that spoke on the subject and said (I am paraphrasing here): "When you really think about it, religion has never really had a problem with killing. To cite a few examples, just think about Irish history, the Middle East, the Crusades, the Inquisition, our own abortion-doctor killings and, yes, the World Trade Center to see how seriously religious people take Thou Shalt Not Kill. Apparently, to religious folks—especially the truly devout—murder is negotiable. It just depends on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed."
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #166 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
It was George Carlin that spoke on the subject and said (I am paraphrasing here): "When you really think about it, religion has never really had a problem with killing. To cite a few examples, just think about Irish history, the Middle East, the Crusades, the Inquisition, our own abortion-doctor killings and, yes, the World Trade Center to see how seriously religious people take Thou Shalt Not Kill. Apparently, to religious folks—especially the truly devout—murder is negotiable. It just depends on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed."
That is why Christianity isn't considered religion. Religion is law and is the old testament. When Christ died on the cross there was a new commandment and only one.

That's all I'll say as I don't want to get the thread deleted.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #167 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
if you want your kid talking like this fine, but i know i wont tolerate that language from my son..If you guys feel the need to be internet tough guys and cuss and act like you run the forum thats fine.. all i asked was for you guys to consider young kids read these forums and theres no need to type like that.. many other words could have been used to express the same point.
If there are young kids reading these forums, and their parents have a problem with the language, then I would suggest they do a better job at parenting.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

The Bible AKA Aesop's Fables.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
The Bible AKA Aesop's Fables.
That's your opinion and you have a right to it.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 11-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #170 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Arguing over religion is stupid. However, arguing that people should not say Jesus Christ on an internet sports card forum is even more ridiculous.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
It is not cursing in a majority of opinions here. If someone TYPING jesus christ is cursing and is hurting your feelings, just leave lol. You are obviously the one who has bigger problems.

Good god.
oops.

If you don't believe in anything that is fine, but what right do you or anyone else have to tell someone that what they believe is wrong and they should leave. It's called respect, get some and grow up.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 11-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #172 (permalink)

That's just it...lack of respect.

Obviously, everyone here respects the rules enough to follow them, or they will get banned. Why not go just a little further and do our best to respect as many members and their feelings/beliefs as possible?

Of course this works both ways, but nobody will be offended if there is no swearing "of any kind". There are other words that work just fine.

I'm not offended by swearing, as long as it's not being done in front of my wife or kids. However, you won't see me doing it out of respect for others.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
If you don't believe in anything that is fine, but what right do you or anyone else have to tell someone that what they believe is wrong and they should leave. It's called respect, get some and grow up.
Thats it. I'm a christian, but I have a close friend who does not believe. We respect each others views, and get along real well.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Byron on B/O how often does a thread ever stay on topic
Damn good point (I can say damn right?).
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post

Do you really need a book to tell you that its not right to steal, murder, and cheat? It's not a perfect world and no one will ever live perfect lives. I have no problem with people being religous, as long as they don't try to push their beliefs onto me. Just as I won't tell people that there is no God and their belief is wrong. The truth is, no one really knows. That's why religous people have faith. They believe there is a God. While I do not think that it is possible. Everyone can have their own ideas and beliefs, and there is no reason to disrespect others (unless those beliefs cause harm to others).
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote