Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #201 (permalink)

So has the OP decided what auction sell he is taking the card to, if any??? I'm curious to know what this sucker goes for!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym415 View Post
So I am guessing that the maker of this product is donating some of the profits they make from selling this stuff?
I somehow doubt it. I fully expect that the manufacturer will soon put out
"the horrors of college football" and include a Sandusky dna au 1/1
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #203 (permalink)

You can get entire documents signed by Hitler for between $2800-$5000 like these, why would a collector of WWII/Hitler buy a cut up piece slabbed under plastic for more? This isn't like a Babe Ruth Legendary cuts auto selling for more than a PSA Ruth cut, this is history/military collectors and they want the entire piece of history not a 'clip' as they call it. People who buy at auctions don't like them either, I felt like I had to say something so the seller isn't disappointed.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
You can get entire documents signed by Hitler for between $2800-$5000 like these, why would a collector of WWII/Hitler buy a cut up piece slabbed under plastic for more? This isn't like a Babe Ruth Legendary cuts auto selling for more than a PSA Ruth cut, this is history/military collectors and they want the entire piece of history not a 'clip' as they call it. People who buy at auctions don't like them either, I felt like I had to say something so the seller isn't disappointed.
For the same reason people buy elephant tusks and not the whole elephant...
Old 11-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
Its the first Hitler cut auto, plus ive seen a lot of cut autos cards sell higher than signed certified documents
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #206 (permalink)

Religion is a pointless topic to talk about and always will be....No side will convince the other....Same with abortion, gay marriage, death penalty, etc. You believe one side and one side only, its very hard to sway a person another way
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I'd like to add to my previous post. Also, it's like having a raw diamond... It's all about the cut!

Now the card is registered and known to exist.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #208 (permalink)

Nice pull! I felt as if this hasnt been said in a while haha
Scottie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Because full documents are too large to fit in a house and they would have to be gutted and stuffed in order to be preserved?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
I somehow doubt it. I fully expect that the manufacturer will soon put out
"the horrors of college football" and include a Sandusky dna au 1/1
Strange however, that Madbacker apparently broke one of the 10 Commandments but Sandusky didn't. Great set of rules they've got there!
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #211 (permalink)

I think with historical collector's the actual document with the signature is more important than just the signature. Those documents are important first hand accounts of the history happening. I can only think that is the reason.
osufan2383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd buy a whole elephant if I had someplace to put it
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #213 (permalink)

I have little interest in non-sport or war items (or religion for that matter) (and I don't like cut autos) but damn that is an impressive card and a great pull, and even I would love to own it.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #214 (permalink)

I agree with Colts, its a cut auto of someone that a very limited amount of people want and would display, They are willing to pay top dollar for the whole document, just because its a baseball type card means nothing to a historical collector. So if a card collector buys it at an auction he would have to sit on it a loooong time to get his money back if he tries to resell it,especially now with all the auction houses and PSA and JSA under fire for all the fakes they let slide by.
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #215 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallou View Post
I agree with Colts, its a cut auto of someone that a very limited amount of people want and would display, They are willing to pay top dollar for the whole document, just because its a baseball type card means nothing to a historical collector.
Sorry but once again you do not understand how 1 of 1s on a trading card go for more money than on a document. Ted has already tried to school you in another thread, lol. Applies to historical pieces as well. An Abe Lincoln document goes for far less than an Abe Lincoln cut auto 1 of 1 on a trading card. It is not for me to explain it or understand why, but it just is.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #216 (permalink)
Tim

Guys,

I have had two five-digit offers so far right here on the BP forums. Both have had "issues" of some kind. The first fell through because the buyer is international and simply does not want the customs people opening the package. The second is in the U.S. but the person with whom I am corresponding does not speak very good English and we are having difficulty finalizing things. I will keep you updated. If the second buyer and I do not come together, I will post the auction house information when I have it. (It won't be til early next year as I won't run it until then.)

There is your update for now!
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Sorry but once again you do not understand how 1 of 1s on a trading card go for more money than on a document. Ted has already tried to school you in another thread, lol. Applies to historical pieces as well. An Abe Lincoln document goes for far less than an Abe Lincoln cut auto 1 of 1 on a trading card. It is not for me to explain it or understand why, but it just is.
I started typing up a reply before this but didn't feel like trying to explain it again.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys,

I have had two five-digit offers so far right here on the BP forums. Both have had "issues" of some kind. The first fell through because the buyer is international and simply does not want the customs people opening the package. The second is in the U.S. but the person with whom I am corresponding does not speak very good English and we are having difficulty finalizing things. I will keep you updated. If the second buyer and I do not come together, I will post the auction house information when I have it. (It won't be til early next year as I won't run it until then.)

There is your update for now!
Tim

Awesome Tim... btw I need 10 base cards if you have any base left.

Rob
Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzman View Post
Awesome Tim... btw I need 10 base cards if you have any base left.

Rob
Tim is prolly lighting his cigars with the base cards...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats because its a baseball card not a historical document, baseball card collectors are notorious for overpaying for cards, historical collectors are not. And a true 1/1 means there are only one of something not one of thousand but in different sets, there is only one letter by Old Abe to a mother about her sons dying in the civil war but alot of cut signatures which is truly rare?
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats because its a baseball card not a historical document, baseball card collectors are notorious for overpaying for cards, historical collectors are not. And a true 1/1 means there are only one of something not one of thousand but in different sets, there is only one letter by Old Abe to a mother about her sons dying in the civil war but alot of cut signatures which is truly rare?
LOL. Amazing what some people bring up again and again and again like they are new issues.

Fact: Cut autos often sell for much more than the original document the auto came from.

That is all.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
In terms of rarity there are definitely a lot more Lincoln signed documents than there are cut signature cards. To date there are maybe... it's gotta be less than 10 cards. I'm sure Lincoln put his signature on 1,000's of items over the course of his life, and I bet most of them have survived the test of time. Lincoln stuff isn't high priced because of scarcity - it's because of his high profile.

Now I know there aren't as many with awesome provenance like the example you provided. If something like your example came up for auction, my guess is that card companies wouldn't even try for it because the history collectors would bid it up sky high. When the card company is only interested in the signature, they'll pay the least amount to have something decent that will serve their purpose. They won't buy the Declaration of Independence to cut Washington's signature off it, but they'll buy the sales receipt that Washington signed to buy some Tic Tacs.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #223 (permalink)

Hey Tim, if one of the potential buyers is a 5 letter name starting with B, he contacted me about my Hitler document and he's very reliable it seems.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #224 (permalink)

BATTLE ROYAL!!!!

wait what??

Oh hitler right.....
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #225 (permalink)

To the top