Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default one leaf oval office box break,any expert??

just see the pics

this is a very beautiful cut (card) of President Hayes and first lady Hayes
the seal of Presidential documents is amazing
the relevant information i can find in google is linked below
Seal of the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
will this eagle make this card rare and more valuable ?
thanks for reading.
phyloxera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

It makes it cooler and I think adds a lot more value than the fact its a dual cut. Its just hard to place that specific eagle. Is it something common to certain documents from the time? Is it something somebody made just for Hayes to sign so it looked cool?

Is not like a Q. Adams land grant cut that's an instantly known item. I haven't researched Hayes documents too much but don't recall seeing it before. If I were you I'd try and track down the style document its from to provide the item more provenance either for personal knowledge or if you wanted to sell it. Cuts from things like free franks, land grants, and other routine and established documents do better than most generic cuts.
Sawksfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I cant find anything he signed with a blue seal but he signed a few letters with a gold seal on it but I think the seal adds value and to get Lucy webbs signature too is fantastic!He is not only a president but a civil war general so he appeals to many, and you dont see Lucy come up to often either! Great PULLS! If I had to guess I would think it may be from a piece of white house stationary or document letterhead. And back then the office was a little more prestigious so I dont think he would sign something like that if out of office.

Last edited by generallou; 03-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Both signatures are presented very, very well in this card. I like it. Congrats.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Brian and Co. did a fantastic job framing and designing these cards.

I've thoroughly enjoyed looking at the cards being pulled from BOTH presidential set released last week. THey are both great in their own right
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallou View Post
I cant find anything he signed with a blue seal but he signed a few letters with a gold seal on it but I think the seal adds value and to get Lucy webbs signature too is fantastic!He is not only a president but a civil war general so he appeals to many, and you dont see Lucy come up to often either! Great PULLS! If I had to guess I would think it may be from a piece of white house stationary or document letterhead. And back then the office was a little more prestigious so I dont think he would sign something like that if out of office.
My cut auto researaching goes back to Cleveland and I don't recall ever seeing white house stationary that had anything but white house letter head before. Could be wrong or forgetting something but I stick to my original thought- this is from some sort of document or is just a fancy piece somebody had auto'ed.

As for the wife cut...i don't know. I haven't seen too many where it adds a great deal of value. I mean if your talking D.Madison, M.Washington, J.Kennedy, E.Roosevelt, M. Lincoln or some of the wives that are historical figures in their own right then sure it adds a lot of value. Outside of those though I don't see where it adds a great deal of value to it. Is it worth something? of course but is it worth double that of a traditional Hayes? I doubt it.

In any event, I am interested to see if anybody finds what that R. Hayes cut may be from.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Does the fact that it's signed with a pencil mean it's not from anything 'official'. It sure is a beauty though( I got a Hayes from 1600 signed 'Rutherford B. Hayes') I wonder if there's a difference-perhaps he signed one way as a Governor and a diff. as President? Reminds me of Babe Ruth signing for fans and G.H. Ruth for checks and documents.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

That is a fantastic cut, I think the seal definitely adds value to the dual.

Bucket-http://s165.photobucket.com/home/RunnersDad
RunnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawksfan14 View Post
My cut auto researaching goes back to Cleveland and I don't recall ever seeing white house stationary that had anything but white house letter head before. Could be wrong or forgetting something but I stick to my original thought- this is from some sort of document or is just a fancy piece somebody had auto'ed.

As for the wife cut...i don't know. I haven't seen too many where it adds a great deal of value. I mean if your talking D.Madison, M.Washington, J.Kennedy, E.Roosevelt, M. Lincoln or some of the wives that are historical figures in their own right then sure it adds a lot of value. Outside of those though I don't see where it adds a great deal of value to it. Is it worth something? of course but is it worth double that of a traditional Hayes? I doubt it.

In any event, I am interested to see if anybody finds what that R. Hayes cut may be from.
Lemonade Lucy is an historical figure in her own right IMO.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Any older First Lady is an awesome signature because honestly, there's no way there are as many available as there are Presidents.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Lemonade Lucy is an historical figure in her own right IMO.
Maybe the word I should have used was iconic. She isn't an iconic first lady that the majority of Americans are aware of. Like I said before there is some value to her signature and I think its worth more than just a Hayes standalone but I don't think its "game changing" value.

In any event I am starting to see the Carter, Clinton, and Ford Ovals pop up...this is leaps and bounds above a lot of the other items in this product.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Beautiful card, congrats!
Pittsburgh Steelers - past and present, Ward, Bettis, Roethlisberger, Miller
hrad_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

I love looking at these cards. The more I see breaks the more I'm impressed with the design.
tdmonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thats a very nice pull. I also think the seal is a very nice part of the cut. Nice hit.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inactive Account

husband and wife card a sweet card
warlordforever is offline   Reply With Quote