Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters cases #8 & #9 - the highs and lows of ROTBH

After my amazing last case (with the Katie Cook and Kezele sketches), I had to get a couple of more cases while BO had them on sale. The results show how different cases of this product can be. Some cases have multiple big hits and lots of color, then you can get a case that has all 1 color sketches and missing hits. Oh well, still a fan of these cases at $200/case, and at least I didn't get any damaged sketches this time around.

Case #8

Cad Bane by Robert Hendrickson / ??? by Monte Moore / Ahsoka Tano by Robert Teranishi

animator sketch redemption / ??? by Zack Giallongo / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Chris Henderson

Darth Sideous by Gabe Farber / Clone Trooper by John McCrea / Anakin Skywalker by Jim Kyle

gold parallels: 9, 12, 19, 24, 37, 46, 55, 61, 68, 87

Case #9

Ahsoka Tano by Robert Teranishi / ??? puzzle by Steve Oatney / zombie dude by Jeremy Treece

Anakin Skywalker by Adrien Rivera / Riyo Chuchi by Lord Mesa / Luminara Unduli by Stephanie Yue / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Jerry Gaylord

gold parallels: 4, 5, 17, 34, 38, 62, 63, 82, 83, 86, 88

So 1 box was missing a sketch, and no color, but at least most of the sketches were decent (no multiple Jason Hughes, or sketches that looked like they took only 5 seconds to draw). But it's crazy how the first case has 5 sketches that are better than anything in the second case (not to mention it had an extra hit). It's cool to get another Jim Kyle sketch, since he did only 40 for this set and they are all very nice. I was really excited when I saw the back of the Gabe Farber sketch, but was a little dissapointed when I turned it over. Looks like it was one of only a handful of pencil sketches that he didn't ink, looks like that makes a big difference, since I love most of his sketches.

Btw, for you conspiracy theorists who think that some case numbers are more loaded than others, both of these cases had the same number stamped on the outside. After how good the first case was, I was convinced that the second would also be loaded...
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I have had one what I would call loaded case and they rest have been average. Case 8 was good but case 9 yeah thats just how the product can be. Love the Jim Kyle though. I have 2 cases coming this afternoon wish me luck !

I love busting this product and its hard to lose money if you bust multiple cases !
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
I have had one what I would call loaded case and they rest have been average. Case 8 was good but case 9 yeah thats just how the product can be. Love the Jim Kyle though. I have 2 cases coming this afternoon wish me luck !

I love busting this product and its hard to lose money if you bust multiple cases !
I agree, you're not going to make a lot of money ripping these cases, but you shouldn't lose either if you bust multiple cases. I think the only way you can lose money is if you list all the sketches at auction starting at $0.99. With a little patience, you can sell a lot of the pencil sketches for at least $10, but if you start them at $0.99 there's a 50/50 chance they will sell for $5 or less. What I've been happy about is how popular the gold parallels have been, you usually get 10 per case and can lower the case price by $25 by selling them off.

I have 3 more cases that I bought last weekend while they were $10 off from the current price, and in the first case pulled a nice Cat Staggs sketch of Ahsoka. So that makes 1 Katie Cook, 2 Jim Kyle, 3 Cat Staggs, and 1 Gary Kezele through 10 cases, hopefully the last 2 cases are decent. Good luck on your cases!

Last edited by aggie4ever; 06-01-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I agree, you're not going to make a lot of money ripping these cases, but you shouldn't lose either if you bust multiple cases. I think the only way you can lose money is if you list all the sketches at auction starting at $0.99. With a little patience, you can sell a lot of the pencil sketches for at least $10, but if you start them at $0.99 there's a 50/50 chance they will sell for $5 or less. What I've been happy about is how popular the gold parallels have been, you usually get 10 per case and can lower the case price by $25 by selling them off.

I have 3 more cases that I bought last weekend while they were $10 off from the current price, and in the first case pulled a nice Cat Staggs sketch of Ahsoka. So that makes 1 Katie Cook, 2 Jim Kyle, 3 Cat Staggs, and 1 Gary Kezele through 10 cases, hopefully the last 2 cases are decent. Good luck on your cases!

i have opened 4 cases so far before these 2 im about to open, and i have about broke even maybe even made a little $ and i have started all of my sketch card auctions at .99 cents lol but thanks for the tip I will have to do BIN or at least start the bid higher on these 2 cases.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
i have opened 4 cases so far before these 2 im about to open, and i have about broke even maybe even made a little $ and i have started all of my sketch card auctions at .99 cents lol but thanks for the tip I will have to do BIN or at least start the bid higher on these 2 cases.
Well, it's just a theory on my part, so maybe starting at 99 cents isn't that bad... and if you need to sell off what you pulled for the money to buy your next case, you gotta do it. Luckily I have no problem waiting a month until the next time ebay runs their free auctions, then I run them with a starting bid of what I want to sell it for. From my first 5 cases, I have sold half the sketches, and the majority sell the first or second time I list them. What I've found surprising is that I am having an easier time selling off the $10-20 sketches, and the better ones I have to relist more times. So maybe I need to start the better sketches at 99 cents... I just hate the chance that they might sell for lower than I want.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I ended up pulling from my 2 cases

1 scott zambelli
2 robert ternishi
1 lord mesa
1 matt jason reed
1 kevin liell
1 lawrence snelly
1 bob stevlic
1 shea standefer
1 jeremy treece
1 jeff confer
2 juan carlos ramos (i really hate/despise this guys work, it's just plain ugly)
1 jason hughes
1 animator A. Kirk
1 martheus wade
1 jessica hickman

i have pulled one robert ternishi from every case that i have opened, i honestly like his work its very unique

very average 2 cases maybe a little below average