Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerturtle View Post
Box 1-vic Tablian auto
Box 2-Michael Bryne auto
Box 3-Julian Glover auto
Box 4-Howard Shum sketch
Box 5-Vic Tablian auto
Box 6-EMPTY
Box 7-EMPTY
Box 8-Vic Tablian auto
OH THAT WAS BRUTAL!!

case 2
Box 1-EMPTY
Box 2-EMPTY
Box 3-Monkey
Box 4-EMPTY
Box 5 EMPTY
Box 6 EMPTY
Box 7 EMPTY
Box 8 EMPTY
OK WTF. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE CASES?
9/16 Boxes with no hits..
Thats tough.
I am so sorry for you killerturtle. If there was an award for worst case break that 2nd case is a world record setter! 1 hit and it was a monkey sketch...I would have just put everything back in the case and thrown it on a bonfire in back!
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Dawg View Post
I am so sorry for you killerturtle. If there was an award for worst case break that 2nd case is a world record setter! 1 hit and it was a monkey sketch...I would have just put everything back in the case and thrown it on a bonfire in back!
HAHA Thanks It would not have lit due to my tears...
On a lighter note Mars is comming in 4 days I am betting its going be a big hit with some of the amazing sketches I have seen on here. The weird thing is my local card store had a nice allication comming but he said when he tried to order more from his distributor the guy was out. Told him it was a shorter print run then people think due to a slow order response at first, but now the demand is very big....so we will see.
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #28 (permalink)

Ouch, those are some bad cases. This product is definitely high risk. Even if you get a hit in every box, all the $1 common autos/sketches will make you lose money. I broke a $99 Black Friday case 3 years ago, got 8 hits, & still lost 75%+ easily.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
Ouch, those are some bad cases. This product is definitely high risk. Even if you get a hit in every box, all the $1 common autos/sketches will make you lose money. I broke a $99 Black Friday case 3 years ago, got 8 hits, & still lost 75%+ easily.
You should sue Blowout for forcing you to buy it or something LOL.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You should sue Blowout for forcing you to buy it or something LOL.
I hope you're just kidding or being sarcastic, because there is no way I was implying that with my post/comment. I am just saying, that even at the cheapest possible price, this product has high loss potential written all over it.

Last edited by cardbooker; 07-08-2012 at 07:43 PM.
cardbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
You are so cool, you rolled your eyes. Just read the forum, there are a few other people who are going to stop buying until they lower their prices.

Taking advantage of some hype is good business. I do the same thing and raise the prices on my cards to maximize my profits. I am saying I am done with the current prices and will let supply and demand take effect.
Just trying to understand why you think Blowout is doing something wrong. You've backed away from that in this reply and said you would do it yourself.

They didn't misrepresent this product. They don't work to hide how badly collated it is. Yes, read the forums to see how badly collated this product is. That was YEARS before this current sale. As I said before, if the price is too high for your risk, don't buy it. Also as I said before, someone bought a case during this sale and pulled a $3000+ Spielberg auto. Should that buyer refund Blowout the difference?

I sometimes buy blaster boxes of sports cards at Target when they are 25% or 50% off. I have never EVER pulled one of the chases to make it worth even that discount. Is Target a crook? Did they force me to buy the trading cards?

You've stated your case. I've stated mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
I hope you're just kidding or sarcastic, because there is no way I was inferring that with my post/comment. I am just saying, that even at the cheapest possible price, this product has high loss potential written all over it.
Refer to post #10 in this thread.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

the customer is always right
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
the customer is always right
Even the customer that has to eat the whole meal to decide it wasnt cooked right and wants a complete refund?

If anyone blames anyone for this horrid release, it needs to be directed at Topps . Blowout didnt put a gun to anyones head and say BUY IT AND LIKE IT AND TELL US YOU LOVE US!!!!!!!! etc....its a gamble you were willing to take. Suck it up.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Even the customer that has to eat the whole meal to decide it wasnt cooked right and wants a complete refund?

If anyone blames anyone for this horrid release, it needs to be directed at Topps . Blowout didnt put a gun to anyones head and say BUY IT AND LIKE IT AND TELL US YOU LOVE US!!!!!!!! etc....its a gamble you were willing to take. Suck it up.
what are you talking about...all i said was the "customer is always right"
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Are you serious. where in the world did I stated Blowout is doing something wrong? Please tell me. I just do not understand you at all. I said I was done with this product at the current price. They keep raising the price 10 - 15$ each week. They took advantage of the hype and milk it pretty good. As a business that is a smart thing to do. WOW, I sound like a broken record. Please put me on your ignore list. Its seems like you are the only one that does not understand. GEEZZZZZ

Quote:
Just trying to understand why you think Blowout is doing something wrong. You've backed away from that in this reply and said you would do it yourself.

They didn't misrepresent this product. They don't work to hide how badly collated it is. Yes, read the forums to see how badly collated this product is. That was YEARS before this current sale. As I said before, if the price is too high for your risk, don't buy it. Also as I said before, someone bought a case during this sale and pulled a $3000+ Spielberg auto. Should that buyer refund Blowout the difference?

I sometimes buy blaster boxes of sports cards at Target when they are 25% or 50% off. I have never EVER pulled one of the chases to make it worth even that discount. Is Target a crook? Did they force me to buy the trading cards?

You've stated your case. I've stated mine.

Refer to post #10 in this thread.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Are you serious. where in the world did I stated Blowout is doing something wrong? Please tell me. I just do not understand you at all. I said I was done with this product at the current price. They keep raising the price 10 - 15$ each week. They took advantage of the hype and milk it pretty good. As a business that is a smart thing to do. WOW, I sound like a broken record. Please put me on your ignore list. Its seems like you are the only one that does not understand. GEEZZZZZ
And honestly, you too do not seem to understand. I'll ask a third time. What is this ADVANTAGE they are taking of? Advantage of you? Advantage of what? Who? Did something happen. Did it force people to buy the product.

WHAT ADVANTAGE are you talking about? LOL.

dictionary.com:

to take advantage of: mislead; be dishonest

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #37 (permalink)

Pardon me, but exactly what "hype" is Blowout taking advantage of 3.5 years after a crappy product was released? A number of folks are buying very cheap wax for the longshot of pulling a monster card. As a product's inventory trends upward, so will the price (you know, that whole supply and demand thing). In any business, a smart company will raise their price if there is a spike in demand.

There is no "hype" being put out by Blowout (nor anyone else for that matter), so there is nothing to be "taken advantage" of.

Oh by the way, for those who think it is a bad break at $199, you should have been there at $300+ when it was released...THEN you would have had something to complain about (to Topps, not the supplier).
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Never mind
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #39 (permalink)

I hope they come out with a set for Indiana Jones 5.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Does it star Shia TheBeef and is it written by George Lucas? If so yikes!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
For all that is sacred and holy, I pray they do not make anymore IJ movies.

Kind of like Lucas destroying the trilogy with his CGI Jar Jar binks bullcrap......

Leave legacy's ALONE
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
For all that is sacred and holy, I pray they do not make anymore IJ movies.

Kind of like Lucas destroying the trilogy with his CGI Jar Jar binks bullcrap......

Leave legacy's ALONE
No coincidence that Lucas wrote both trilogies... actually he sort of retired a couple of months ago for what that's worth. This is a good read on the subject.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
No coincidence that Lucas wrote both trilogies... actually he sort of retired a couple of months ago for what that's worth. This is a good read on the subject.
Good read indeed

Lucas' problem IMO was greed. I mean, WTF was the point to rush out 3 CGI piece of #@#@#@#@ movies in less then 3 years? The acting in each new movie was absolutely horrendous. Young Anakin was about the worst acting I've EVER seen, seriously.

Bitter I am
Old 07-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Good read indeed

Lucas' problem IMO was greed. I mean, WTF was the point to rush out 3 CGI piece of #@#@#@#@ movies in less then 3 years? The acting in each new movie was absolutely horrendous. Young Anakin was about the worst acting I've EVER seen, seriously.

Bitter I am
People claim it's an obvious money grab. Lucas knows if he puts "Star Wars" on something, he will make dough. I think he had simply fallen way out of tune with audiences, his fans, fans of the movies and the mythologies HE created. He made it clear he crafted Episodes 1 - 3 for young boys, hence the poop jokes, the Jar Jar Binks character, and all the bright colors and loud noises.

I think all this is insulting to kids and plays to the lowest common denominator. As a small boy, I loved Episodes IV - VI because they were dark, grim, and had real character problems. As a kid, I would have hated Ep 1 - 3 for lacking all of this.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
People claim it's an obvious money grab. Lucas knows if he puts "Star Wars" on something, he will make dough. I think he had simply fallen way out of tune with audiences, his fans, fans of the movies and the mythologies HE created. He made it clear he crafted Episodes 1 - 3 for young boys, hence the poop jokes, the Jar Jar Binks character, and all the bright colors and loud noises.

I think all this is insulting to kids and plays to the lowest common denominator. As a small boy, I loved Episodes IV - VI because they were dark, grim, and had real character problems. As a kid, I would have hated Ep 1 - 3 for lacking all of this.
Lucas is a bazillionjillionaire at this point, do you really think he does any of this for money? He's an "artist" who likes to mold and shape his work with new tools. Do I hate that he does it? Yup. But I have a hard time swallowing that he's doing anything for the money any more.

Quote:
And as far as the price hike I would do the same thing because I am sure the product is drying up and their cost is higher.
I'm glad you get it. And I'm sorry you got slaughtered on that case, I feel bad for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Ted
Can you explain artist return? I know there was another thread on this but I don't understand. If you send in 106 cards say for mars attacks and they only use 100 do they Topps return any 6 of their choosing. Also how do you sell the returns after you get them back?
It seems like every return I see sold is better than most I have pulled, why don't they return the junk and keep the color, painted kick as- ones or is it subjective.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Ted
Can you explain artist return? I know there was another thread on this but I don't understand. If you send in 106 cards say for mars attacks and they only use 100 do they Topps return any 6 of their choosing. Also how do you sell the returns after you get them back?
It seems like every return I see sold is better than most I have pulled, why don't they return the junk and keep the color, painted kick as- ones or is it subjective.
Sure. Returns are basically incentives. While I won't discuss amounts, the direct pay for most sketch cards is laughable (I'm sure you can find this info somewhere). But, as an incentive, the companies include extra cards that the artist can in turn sell directly for whatever they want. So this is why most Returns sell for more, many collectors like purchasing directly from the artist and a lot of time they can get specific images. And as you put it, most artists will put more time into their Returns because that means they can sell for more.

The number of Returns is based on how many pack-inserted sketch cards the artist completes for the set. If you do 100 cards, you can get 6 back, 200 you get 9, and so on. This varies by company.

Sometimes they are stamped or marked as Returns, Artists Proofs, etc., but Topps does not do this. For my Topps cards I normally include a card-size COA signed by myself with a picture of the Return sketch on it, which hopefully the collector will keep with the Return card because that's really the only proof you'll have that it's a Return.

Some of mine I sell on Ebay, but most times I'll offer them up elsewhere online or sometimes I get hit up before sets are even released, or I'll sell them at shows.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Sure. Returns are basically incentives. While I won't discuss amounts, the direct pay for most sketch cards is laughable (I'm sure you can find this info somewhere). But, as an incentive, the companies include extra cards that the artist can in turn sell directly for whatever they want. So this is why most Returns sell for more, many collectors like purchasing directly from the artist and a lot of time they can get specific images. And as you put it, most artists will put more time into their Returns because that means they can sell for more.

The number of Returns is based on how many pack-inserted sketch cards the artist completes for the set. If you do 100 cards, you can get 6 back, 200 you get 9, and so on. This varies by company.

Sometimes they are stamped or marked as Returns, Artists Proofs, etc., but Topps does not do this. For my Topps cards I normally include a card-size COA signed by myself with a picture of the Return sketch on it, which hopefully the collector will keep with the Return card because that's really the only proof you'll have that it's a Return.

Some of mine I sell on Ebay, but most times I'll offer them up elsewhere online or sometimes I get hit up before sets are even released, or I'll sell them at shows.
Are returns part of the original number sent in and what they dont use they return or are they extras that topps sends back-thats where I am confused.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Are returns part of the original number sent in and what they dont use they return or are they extras that topps sends back-thats where I am confused.
They're extras. When you're contracted to do 100 cards, they send you 106. When you send them back, you let them know which 6 you want "returned," hence the term. If you don't tell them which ones you want back, they'll just randomly choose for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #50 (permalink)

Ok thanks I was wondering why returns are always so nice and why the company would not use them and send back the "Monkey" type sketches.
I can only imagine what your Mars Attack returns look like...and where I can buy one?