Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cujo's huge Walking Dead break

*MORE BOXES BROKEN BELOW*

To say I over did it in this release is the understatement of the year. I'm a huge fan of the comics, and tv series. Anyways here's my "2 case" break. The sketches added are from the first 6 boxes I bought separately. Most will be for pc, but some will be added on ebay. I have plenty of inserts available, enough mini-books to fill a library, and extra parallels and kia cards.

Over all rating for this set: A-. I absolutely love the foil parallel set, as I do the mini-book inserts and killed in action inserts. Not to mention many of the great sketches that will be released in this set. The base set is great as well.

My only problem, and this has been said with past cryptozoic releases (Fringe anyone?) is coalition. I did not hit an auto in the 2nd case at all and freaked out. But I did hit 2 in the first case, and only opened my remaining boxes in the first case after finding out about the possible chances of a 2nd autograph. To Crypto's credit, they are actually mailing me an autograph for the case that did not contain one, very nice of them.

Anyways here is my set I have not researched artists as of yet, any unsigned artists help would be greatly appreciated.

When I opened this auto, I did not even realize it was a "variant" auto until I saw the one for sale up on ebay.

If anyone wants to see the inserts, I'll post those as well as the foil set. Yes I did finish a parallel set. (Told you I went overboard) Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Cujobyte; 07-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Grats on the hits! I would love to see the rest of your pickups!
stormsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats man. You killed it on the sketches as most case breaks I've seen weren't nearly as nice.
starwars808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwars808 View Post
Congrats man. You killed it on the sketches as most case breaks I've seen weren't nearly as nice.
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I love the Michonne, and the Nastos.

So, a lot of people are surprised at the limited quantity at San Diego Comic Con. I seriously think prices will rise on all these cards in the next few months. A lot of my comic friends assumed there would be tons of boxes of this product there, and they're disappointed. Crypto released "44 boxes" last nite on their e-store, and those sold out within 2 hours. I still see them up on ebay tho, and am tempted to buy more lol. Yes, I think I've been "infected".

Oh, forgot to mention I did receive 2 plates. The 2nd plate was part of another box purchase tho, and was in another thread, but here they are:

Here are the insert sets for those who have not seen them: Mini-Book:

And "Killin in Action" insert Set:

Last edited by Cujobyte; 07-12-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

That Kirkman auto! Hilarious. I kind of wish more people would do that with auto cards. Just kind of a fun thing to do/see from someone like that.
Uter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter79 View Post
That Kirkman auto! Hilarious. I kind of wish more people would do that with auto cards. Just kind of a fun thing to do/see from someone like that.
Agree! That's pretty funny. I haven't looked around - but did he do that on all of his autographs?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Agree! That's pretty funny. I haven't looked around - but did he do that on all of his autographs?
Byron, no. I was lead bidder on this one on ebay, until today: 2012 The Walking Dead Comic Trading Cards Robert Kirkman Auto #A1 | eBay

I bid because I honestly did not think I'd pull one in my last couple of boxes.

That's when I discovered I had pulled a variant, because I assumed it was like that on all of them, then thought "that can't be right". lol. I have no idea how I can tell how many "variants" he did, and can only wonder how else he may have changed some.

Anyone else pull a Kirkman yet?? Just curious if any more variants out there.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

So, just wanted to let people know I am selling some of these sketches, all inserts:
Mini Book sets $30dlvd KIA $30dlvd and have tons of foils, also base sets for $20 dlvd. If you want an empty box with wrapper, I can do that too but it'll have to go priority, which will be $6. I should post this in the marketplace, but figured I'd let everyone see the sketches, pm with offers.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Very cool and congrats. What does the variant go for? Ebay's search feature must be messed up since I can't find any.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Very cool and congrats. What does the variant go for? Ebay's search feature must be messed up since I can't find any.
Hey Mad.... well it's not messed up, as we have only seen this one pulled online thus far. I keep on waiting for more to hit, considering there is more out there. I'm wondering how we can find out how many were done in a "variant" type of way.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Hey Mad.... well it's not messed up, as we have only seen this one pulled online thus far. I keep on waiting for more to hit, considering there is more out there. I'm wondering how we can find out how many were done in a "variant" type of way.
Unfortunately, anyone could draw the patch on Kirkman. This is my negativity coming out from all the years of faked patches in Sports.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
You should try contacting him (just searched and he has a twitter). Maybe he'll say he was bored and only remembers drawing one eye patch. It's worth a shot.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, I agree with both of you. I'm writing an email to my contact at cryptozoic today. I'll let you guys know. I'd like a letter of authentication. I'll also try Kirkman's twitter, that's a good idea! I just tweeted him. This was my first tweet btw lol.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 07-15-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Kirkman is well known for for drawing the pirate eye patch. He drew it on a lot of the cards he signed for the CBLDF set as well.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Kirkman is well known for for drawing the pirate eye patch. He drew it on a lot of the cards he signed for the CBLDF set as well.
Ahh, good to know! I just haven't seen any others yet for this particular set. Thanks for the info tho!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ok Gang, here are two more sketches. Broke another box, and then traded for the Wayshak hard time.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
You should try contacting him (just searched and he has a twitter). Maybe he'll say he was bored and only remembers drawing one eye patch. It's worth a shot.
Hey Gang, so very exciting news!! I received a "tweet" back from Robert Kirkman tonight! Here's our responses, hope this shows up for all of you to see:

Nick@cujobyte29 15 Jul
@RobertKirkman Robert, I pulled an autograph from the new Crypto trading card set. You drew an eye patch on this one. One of a kind?
Robert Kirkman
@RobertKirkman
@cujobyte29 I think so!
06:10 AM - 16 Jul 12 via Echofon

So, looks like my variant "eye patch" auto very well may be one of a kind!