Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

I sent Steve Cyrkin a message to see if he could help us out...hopefully he can get us the person who has been studying Heston autos.

I also can't believe a company saying that we have to prove the autograph is fake. Why can't the company stand behind the product and give us the authentication saying it's 100% authentic. If there are known secretarial autographs of Heston and they ignored this fact and still put out the autograph as being "authentic" then that says a lot about their company...I thought Brian Price was all about staying true to his product and word!

Did you give them the link to the Heston secretarial discussion? I would like to know what Brian Price says about all this and not his PR team.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

look at the price of their products. Do you really think they care if its real? They just want to sell cases and rake in the dough, if they were honest they would make it right without all the fuss.
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallou View Post
look at the price of their products. Do you really think they care if its real? They just want to sell cases and rake in the dough, if they were honest they would make it right without all the fuss.
Implying that they don't have the honesty of Upper Deck or Topps? LOL.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Mr. Brian Price replied me that he will take care this card .
And he wants me to send it back first .
I hope it will not take too long , I will ship the express mail to him tomorrow .
chunma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

make sure you send it with some type of confirmation #...signature or delivery. Glad he took care of it for you! Also don't ship it express as that incurs too much cost...send it priority or 1st class parcel!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

collectors do not deserve this.....
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

So many of those cut autographs are hidden under the card.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
collectors do not deserve this.....
Do not deserve the company CEO personally replying that he will take care of the problem? You have received better treatment from other trading card publishers? Please share.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Do not deserve the company CEO personally replying that he will take care of the problem? You have received better treatment from other trading card publishers? Please share.
what else do you expect them to do? other trading card publishers have problems also , but this a famous fabrics thread. i am talking about all problems in the card industry

Last edited by baytowntex; 07-30-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I sent Steve Cyrkin a message to see if he could help us out...hopefully he can get us the person who has been studying Heston autos.

I also can't believe a company saying that we have to prove the autograph is fake. Why can't the company stand behind the product and give us the authentication saying it's 100% authentic. If there are known secretarial autographs of Heston and they ignored this fact and still put out the autograph as being "authentic" then that says a lot about their company...I thought Brian Price was all about staying true to his product and word!

Did you give them the link to the Heston secretarial discussion? I would like to know what Brian Price says about all this and not his PR team.
I had genuine questions about this product before it was released. I had and still have my concerns. They should let you know why they believe this autograph is authentic. Who authenticated it? Did the same authenticater authenticate other signatures in this product. I do not think these autos are guaranteed to be 100% authentic. I believe a lot are backed up by COAs, which worries me.

Quote:
Are you serious. They were asking him to prove it was fake. It should be the other way around. They should have proper documentation on all their signatures to prove authentication. They should have it handy if they went to great lengths to provide authenticate autographs. Where did the cut come from? Did they get any other cuts from the same source?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
what else do you expect them to do? other trading card publishers have problems also , but this a famous fabrics thread. i am talking about all problems in the card industry
The OP says FF has offered to fix it and all he has to do is return the card. You follow with: Collectors don't deserve this. I asked, deserve what? The CEO of FF promises to take care of it. So I ask again, what don't collectors deserve? That FF got it wrong? That FF offered to fix it? Answer what collector's don't deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Are you serious. They were asking him to prove it was fake. It should be the other way around. They should have proper documentation on all their signatures to prove authentication. They should have it handy if they went to great lengths to provide authenticate autographs. Where did the cut come from? Did they get any other cuts from the same source?
Yes I am serious. Not a whole lot above you and baytown is the OP saying it's dealt with, and apparently dealt with better than anything you will get from most other publishers. So yes, I am serious. Again, show me similar from Upper Deck or Topps and come back and ask if I'm serious. Oh, first he received a reply that he needed to prove it. You and baytown start bawling, the injustice! The horror!

How long will UD or Topps give you the runaround?

FOUR DAYS is the entirety of this event. Apparently that is way too long for some people.

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-31-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

just dont talk to me please

Last edited by baytowntex; 07-31-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I do not think these autos are guaranteed to be 100% authentic.
Then you would be 100% wrong.

Quote:
just dont talk to me please
What's this post all about?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #40 (permalink)

[QUOTE=mwheeler27;3059170]Then you would be 100% wrong.

Sorry I am not. Wish I was tho. I think most of the cut signatures are backed up only by someones opinion. If you watch HBO Special Forger's Paradise you will see why I have concerns.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #41 (permalink)

Please STOP quoting an HBO special.....

You know...just a guesss, they MIGHT sensationalize things on there for ratings. Then again, the press/television isn't ever wrong. How'd the election turn out for Dewey again?

All it takes is ONE FBI agent to mention something offhand about 70-90% of autos being faked, and HBO will run with that as a statistic directly from the leads within the FBI.

If you want a task, why not question HBO on their research?

In the meantime, it's simply buy or do not buy....if you don't "trust" the product, then don't purchase it.

[QUOTE=Jackg1980;3059445]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Then you would be 100% wrong.

Sorry I am not. Wish I was tho. I think most of the cut signatures are backed up only by someones opinion. If you watch HBO Special Forger's Paradise you will see why I have concerns.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
....if you don't "trust" the product, then don't purchase it.
I tried this logic on them weeks ago but it's obvious they feel the need to educate other collectors, protect us from the horrific, terrible crime being inflicted on us like the poor victims we don't realize we are. The best thing to do now is let haters be haters, let trolls be trolls, and move on.

Anything more is bashing your head against a really REALLY entrenched and stubborn brick wall.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #43 (permalink)

[QUOTE=JohnMabry47;3059477]Please STOP quoting an HBO special.....

You know...just a guesss, they MIGHT sensationalize things on there for ratings. Then again, the press/television isn't ever wrong. How'd the election turn out for Dewey again?

All it takes is ONE FBI agent to mention something offhand about 70-90% of autos being faked, and HBO will run with that as a statistic directly from the leads within the FBI.

In the meantime, it's simply buy or do not buy....if you don't "trust" the product, then don't purchase it.

One FBI agent? Yeah lets just ignore the research.

Quote:
I tried this logic on them weeks ago but it's obvious they feel the need to educate other collectors, protect us from the horrific, terrible crime being inflicted on us like the poor victims we don't realize we are. The best thing to do now is let haters be haters, let trolls be trolls, and move on.

Anything more is bashing your head against a really REALLY entrenched and stubborn brick wall.
Again I am being called a troll. Classy move Nicnac.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Jackg1980;3059846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Please STOP quoting an HBO special.....

One FBI agent? Yeah lets just ignore the research.

Again I am being called a troll. Classy move Nicnac.
You won't get the answers you so desperately seek in this or any other thread on this topic. If the company responding in mere days to remedy the situation doesn't make you happy, nothing ever will. At the point you and baytown continue to enter threads on the subject to raise the same points weeks later, and that is trollish behavior.

If you don't want to be called that, consider that you have made your point again and again, and again. The point has been read and replied to by several others. If it is not being received, consider the implications of continuing to toot your horn. People have rejected the manner in which you and baytown have conducted your personal campaigns against cut autos/FF in general, and, like you, these people are set in their beliefs. This forum has rules against politics, and, as we see in many Price threads, the passions approach those found in political discourse. Of course, this IS a trading card forum so there can be no rule stopping this but it does get old, predictable, and really tiring to enter a Price thread and find the usual complaints, standards that these people don't want to apply to other companies.

As I have replied many MANY times in this and other threads. I do not understand what you and baytown want from this company or from this genre of trading cards. You will never EVER get 100% assurance of the authenticity, and so what you can hope for is the company to act with class if a problem arises. Baytown seems very unforgiving, and now, smug that he 'warned us', and we were all stupid to ignore his warnings (or something like that). Your 'troll' title comes, in no small way from being associated with him, in that his comments follow, mirror, expound, and generally make the entire theme of the threads become a troll-fest.

Okay, again, I've said my bit.

Unless something NEW arises, I am done with this topic.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #45 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Nicnac;3060138]
Quote:

You won't get the answers you so desperately seek in this or any other thread on this topic. If the company responding in mere days to remedy the situation doesn't make you happy, nothing ever will. At the point you and baytown continue to enter threads on the subject to raise the same points weeks later, and that is trollish behavior.

If you don't want to be called that, consider that you have made your point again and again, and again. The point has been read and replied to by several others. If it is not being received, consider the implications of continuing to toot your horn. People have rejected the manner in which you and baytown have conducted your personal campaigns against cut autos/FF in general, and, like you, these people are set in their beliefs. This forum has rules against politics, and, as we see in many Price threads, the passions approach those found in political discourse. Of course, this IS a trading card forum so there can be no rule stopping this but it does get old, predictable, and really tiring to enter a Price thread and find the usual complaints, standards that these people don't want to apply to other companies.

As I have replied many MANY times in this and other threads. I do not understand what you and baytown want from this company or from this genre of trading cards. You will never EVER get 100% assurance of the authenticity, and so what you can hope for is the company to act with class if a problem arises. Baytown seems very unforgiving, and now, smug that he 'warned us', and we were all stupid to ignore his warnings (or something like that). Your 'troll' title comes, in no small way from being associated with him, in that his comments follow, mirror, expound, and generally make the entire theme of the threads become a troll-fest.

Okay, again, I've said my bit.

Unless something NEW arises, I am done with this topic.
I guess I am not allowed to ask question or have concerns. Isnt this what threads are for?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #46 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Jackg1980;3060191]
Quote:

I guess I am not allowed to ask question or have concerns. Isnt this what threads are for?
You have asked your questions again and again. You have received answers again and again. They are just not the answers that you want to be given.

What does it achieve for you to keep reiterating the same issues you have with cut autos, FF, the trading card industry, the state of certification, the guarantees, the reputation of companies, etc.

What do you hope to achieve by sustaining tired topics like this ad nauseum?

You won't change the industry. You won't change the minds of those who want to buy these products. You won't ever EVER get the peace of mind you need. What do you want to achieve here that is realistically possible?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Nicnac;3060382]
Quote:

You have asked your questions again and again. You have received answers again and again. They are just not the answers that you want to be given.

What does it achieve for you to keep reiterating the same issues you have with cut autos, FF, the trading card industry, the state of certification, the guarantees, the reputation of companies, etc.

What do you hope to achieve by sustaining tired topics like this ad nauseum?

You won't change the industry. You won't change the minds of those who want to buy these products. You won't ever EVER get the peace of mind you need. What do you want to achieve here that is realistically possible?
Alot of my questions were not answered.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #48 (permalink)

Like the Snoop relic
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #49 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Jackg1980;3060650]
Quote:

Alot of my questions were not answered.
Yes. They weren't. They won't be.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Any update from Famous fabrics on the Heston?
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote