Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 More cases of Leaf Poker - Live Today

Found a couple more for $525, was buying at $400

Most wanted -

Stacked Deck Aces /4 - Raymer and Brad Garrett (as far as I can tell, no one has pulled a Brad Garrett)

Doyle Brunson Clubs /5

Jose Canseco Stacked Deck 01/52 or an Ace, I pulled the Ace of Spades already - not sure which card will be 01/52 as the SD's were all random as far as the serial number to /52

Raymer HEARTS /5 - last big one I need to complete my 58 card Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts base sets.

Diamonds /3 - Chan, have the Doyle

Hearts /2 - Brunson, Have the Chan
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well I hit at least one of the cards on the wish list. Not the one I wished for the most, but still happy.

PC Cards - Final Table Antonio Esfandiari #01/25, I now have 5 of 10 FTs numbered 01/25. So I can sell my Esfandiari #23/25

Clubs - Layne Flack #001/101, I now have 10 of the #01/xxx of the 60 cards in the set and 10 of the last cards.

Hearts - needed 6 cards to complete my set and pulled 3 of them, Seed, Obrestad, Edler - hmmmm, strange they were all in these two cases. Also a Mizrachi #01/20

Diamonds - Sebok #50/50, Le #01/50 - PC

Now the big hits - #6 thorugh #1

#6 - Peter Jetten Stacked deck Ace of Clubs #23/52 - lots of Ace collectors out there, but since I collect Jetten, this is going to the PC as my first SD Ace of him - it does free up my Ace of Clubs TJ Cloutier though

#5 - SD Ace of Hearts Josh Arieh #49/52, not a big name, but hey, Aces are Aces and sell well

#4 - Phil Hellmuth 1/1 (aren't all printing plates ) Base Black - A nice auto from the Poker Brat

#3 - SD Jose Canseco 2 Clubs - there are Canseco collectors and SD 2 collectors. With all the white space on 2's it makes for nice readable signatures. I think I will PC this one and sell my SD 3 Diamonds Canseco as I have a Men the Master 3 Diamonds with "All You Can Eat Baby" inscribed

#1B - Johnny Chan Clubs #5/5 - This may have more interested than the next card, even with the larger print run as more people are working on a CLUBS set

#1A - Johnny Chan Diamonds #3/3, I now have the Chan and Doyle DIAMONDS #3/3, this also completes my 60 card DIAMONDS set. I will make available my Johnny Chan HEARTS #2/2 since I pulled this one

Due to the SSP of Doyle and Chan, there are only 11 potential complete sets in 2011 Leaf Poker. I have one of these eleven now!

(5) clubs
(3) Diamonds - I now have a complete set of these! All 60 cards
(2) Hearts
(1) Spades
Attached Thumbnails
2 More cases of Leaf Poker - Live Today-bruce.jpg   2 More cases of Leaf Poker - Live Today-now-available.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Congratulations on finishing one of the 11 complete sets! I think you've probably opened over 1/11th of the cases they put out! Too bad you never got a final table seat... although you don't want to pull it now.

Thanks for sharing!
nbalinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

even for the higher price 2 great cases !!

WTTF: BODE MILLER,Washington Capitals. Young Guns
cowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
even for the higher price 2 great cases !!
Thanks! I still need your Brunson 01/25 Final Table. I'll trade one of mine plus throw something in.

LMK!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbalinks View Post
Congratulations on finishing one of the 11 complete sets! I think you've probably opened over 1/11th of the cases they put out! Too bad you never got a final table seat... although you don't want to pull it now.

Thanks for sharing!
Well I'm almost embarressed to admit it, but I have opened 1/4 of the total print run of 2011 Leaf Poker, 61 of the 249 cases = 24.5%

It's been fun. I don't think i've lost too much money considering I have a 58/60 Clubs set (no Doyle or Johnny), close to a 58/60 Hearts Set, need Raymer, Bellande, Harmon and now have a complete 60/60 Diamonds Set. I also have a complete Stacked Deck set with one of each of players, not including the 10 or so that only signed Aces /4. I also have a Brunson/Chan Pocket Pairs RED #2/2

Peter Jetten was also nice enough to respond back to a tweet I sent him about his "Root Bone" variation, so I started collecting him also and have 16 of his 52 Stacked Deck cards, the 1/1 Metal Prismatic Refractor and 6 Printing Plates and various other issues.

I did pull two final table seats after the tourney. Mr. Brian Gray from Leaf was nice enough to send me a little something even though they had expired. He told me these slabbed cards ais where the infamous Stu Ungar cut auto came from, though it has still yet to be reported as pulled.

Many of the supercollectors have complted sets, so it's hard to break even on cases anymore.

I'm still trying to track down the Garrett SD Aces for a Supercollector, but I am not aware of any of the 4 being pulled. I also know a guy desperate for the Clubs Brunson /5 - he was the winner of the Leaf Tourney of the 2006 WSOp bracelet.

Thanks to all that have bought from me, that has allowed me to break more cases and help people finish their sets. There are no plans for a poker only set from leaf in the near future
Attached Thumbnails
2 More cases of Leaf Poker - Live Today-slabs.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

That is awesome and very generous of Mr. Gray to give ya something for those....
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yes it was. Lots of people bash Mr. Gray, but I think he does an outstanding job and is good for the industry. I wish I had the stones to do what he has done with the Leaf Best of products. He's basically given the industry what they want, a lottery and has made himself a tidy sum. The people bashing him are probably the same ones buying lottery tickets with a total payout of 50%. The saying I saw once, the Lottery is just a tax for the stupid.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Is there another Poker product coming out this year for you to buy??
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Is there another Poker product coming out this year for you to buy??
No plans, Brian said they would continue to feature Poker players in other sets, but this would be the last Poker only set for some time.

So I need to find a new addiction -
Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

i'm sure you will find something