Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Talking Mars Attacks Case

Man, that's the most fun I've had opening cards since I was a wee lad.

I'm not sure how these cases normally go, but this seemed pretty damn good odds wise.



These were my first sketch cards. Man, I love these



I need to do some research on a couple of the artist sigs, but these are the ones I can identify from left to right:

row 1 - sugarfueled (Michael Banks), BH?, Dan Bergren, NT?
row 2 - Ashleigh Popplewell, Jeremy R. Scott, Neil Camera (love the detail on this one), Dave Tata

My silvers were: 2, 12, 19, 23, 25, 36, 44, 51

All will be FS on eBay once I figure out values.
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 10-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
lucky4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 543
Default

thats a great case!
__________________

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4444 View Post
thats a great case!
Thanks--I really enjoyed it. Was a nice change to actually be interested in the cards themselves for once (I've been doing sports cards)
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,346
Default

This product was my first multi case break I broke 6 cases of it at release and I made money without making base and parallel sets I just sold them in big lots. But it was also a huge amount of fun and you can't really put a value on that. I was only shorted 2 sketch cards overall as well which was surprising.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

So I'm researching some of the sketch prices and I keep seeing high dollar "artist return proof" listings. What are those exactly? Commissions or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
This product was my first multi case break I broke 6 cases of it at release and I made money without making base and parallel sets I just sold them in big lots. But it was also a huge amount of fun and you can't really put a value on that. I was only shorted 2 sketch cards overall as well which was surprising.
I'll have to see what these actually sell for, but seems like with the golds, plate, and sketches I'm going to do okay on this one.

I might have to get another case down the road
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
So I'm researching some of the sketch prices and I keep seeing high dollar "artist return proof" listings. What are those exactly? Commissions or something else?



I'll have to see what these actually sell for, but seems like with the golds, plate, and sketches I'm going to do okay on this one.

I might have to get another case down the road
also prices dropped drastically on this stuff like a week or 2 after release but pretty much every product is like this nowadays

just as an example the very first couple of gold parallels sold for 100, then started going slowly down then about a week or 2 after release were at the 20-30 dollar range
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,018
Default

Double-check the base cards from the case, there should be an autograph in there, they can be difficult to spot.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Double-check the base cards from the case, there should be an autograph in there, they can be difficult to spot.
Thanks--I was going to take another look today. I was looking for the "certified autograph" stamp since that would be easier to see than the auto, but I didn't find one last night. I figured I wouldn't get an auto and a plate in the same case, but is that not true?
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,642
Default

Nice case. I didn't get any plate or auto in my case and my sketches weren't that great either. I don't think there is any guaranteed for plate or auto per case.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Nice case. I didn't get any plate or auto in my case and my sketches weren't that great either. I don't think there is any guaranteed for plate or auto per case.
I thought the autos were falling one per case. Still worth double-checking though!
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

I'll keep this post updated with my sales for those of you looking for a fun case to break that you might have a shot making money on:

Case price: $344.95

SOLD

Printing plate - $150 (I don't know of any product in the Sports world where you'd have a normal, non-auto'ed plate that would sell for this much)
Neil Camera sketch - $25
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 10-08-2012 at 05:57 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Andrew, I am the buyer of your Terror in the Railroad printing plate. You said: "Printing plate - $150 (I don't know of any product in the Sports world where you'd have a normal, non-auto'ed plate that would sell for this much)" Your talking about Mars Attacks here! The most popular non-sports trading card ever to come out on the market! Collector's will try to collect a complete set of the four colors of a single # which will probably be next to impossible. Can't wait to get my plate!
Bills Martians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Martians View Post
Andrew, I am the buyer of your Terror in the Railroad printing plate. You said: "Printing plate - $150 (I don't know of any product in the Sports world where you'd have a normal, non-auto'ed plate that would sell for this much)" Your talking about Mars Attacks here! The most popular non-sports trading card ever to come out on the market! Collector's will try to collect a complete set of the four colors of a single # which will probably be next to impossible. Can't wait to get my plate!
Very true--Mars Attacks is an awesome set

It just surprised me when I was initially researching this product that these printing plates sold for so much. In the sports world, if you get $20 for one anymore that's pretty good (obviously some stars go higher).

I'm seriously considering buying some more cases, but I want to see how I do on this one first.

By the way, the rest of the break will be listed over the coming days in case there's anything else you're looking for
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Besides the printing plates, I am looking for sketch cards that appeal to me! I'm very selective in the sketch cards I like! Let me know if you find any more print plates!
Bills Martians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.