Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Fenian95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,023
Default Pack of Galen's Comtemporary Pinups- Help Requested

Hi all. I am just getting into non-sports collecting and ordered a pack of Galen's Contemporary Pinup cards off of Ebay on a whim.

I received what appears to be a gorgeous 2-card puzzle sketch by who I think is Aston Roy Cover.


Any idea as to the rarity/value of this piece? Just curious to see how well I did on my first real venture....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Fenian95
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Very cool sketch

Have no idea on the value though
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 54
Default

Nice pull. According to Ken's Facebook page ASTON ROY COVER created 15 cards for this set. Ken's FB page is pretty active, check it out.
ali_ufc_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,885
Default

If your looking to sell, keep me in mind.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Fenian95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,023
Default

Thanks everyone.

One cool thing about this card is that it is textured- It feels like it was actually painted in layers and not just penciled and inked in. A very nice one for sure!

Fenian95
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
ricksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: usa
Posts: 3,125
Default

ken, the owner of contemporary pinups, posts on scoundrel board . .

link: http://www.scoundrelpublishing.com/s...p?f=20&t=31868
a new set is in the works .. presale prices too so check him out if interested in direct purchase

nice aston roy cover piece
was there anything else in the pack? .. base cards or just the puzzle cards
__________________
WTB: GIFTCARDS |wwe champ AU |TVD s1 m10 |s2 A1 A7 |thor:dw dmq1 |SoA DM01 |Hobbit: serkis au
FT/s: SKETCHCARDS APs, set, pscs: http://cardbucket.blogspot.com | '14 Goal: sw HAMILL
NOW:7/28m: 2 pending, 1 BO, 0 SC, 0 ebay to mail |

Last edited by ricksam; 11-20-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added link
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Fenian95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,023
Default

Every pack came with the 60 base cards that act as a sort of resume for the artist of the card.

Each card has contact info/websites/etc for the artist printed on the back.

Really quite cool.

Fenian95
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian95 View Post
Thanks everyone.

One cool thing about this card is that it is textured- It feels like it was actually painted in layers and not just penciled and inked in. A very nice one for sure!

Fenian95
Hi There I actually Airbrushed the skin and then added some details by brush then did some other stuff with watercolors goauche and acrylics along with colored pencils.
Attached Thumbnails
Pack of Galen's Comtemporary Pinups- Help Requested-pinupc.jpg  

Last edited by justice41; 11-21-2012 at 12:13 PM.
justice41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Hi There I actually Airbrushed the skin and then added some details by brush then did some other stuff with watercolors goauche and acrylics along with colored pencils.
It's very cool that several big time artists are members of BO and post info about their sketches. Thanks for taking the time to give us some insight into your method for this sketch. Although I have to admit, I am no artist, so some of it goes over me head. But still very cool nonetheless!

By the way, been wondering, do you prefer to go by Aston, or Roy, or both names together?
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
It's very cool that several big time artists are members of BO and post info about their sketches. Thanks for taking the time to give us some insight into your method for this sketch. Although I have to admit, I am no artist, so some of it goes over me head. But still very cool nonetheless!

By the way, been wondering, do you prefer to go by Aston, or Roy, or both names together?
Whichever sounds more prestigious.
justice41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Fenian95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,023
Default

Wow, an answer from the artist himself, thank you. it is certainly the neatest sketch card I currently own.... Did you only do two puzzle sketches for the series?

Regards,

Fenian95
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian95 View Post
Wow, an answer from the artist himself, thank you. it is certainly the neatest sketch card I currently own.... Did you only do two puzzle sketches for the series?

Regards,

Fenian95
Yes, We did a very small amount of cards. I think I did 15 cards total. All airbrushed flesh tones. First time i tried doing airbrush on such a small piece.
justice41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.