Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 10 more Breygent World of Fantasy sets

Picked up 10 more of these sets, I love the z-sketch cards. Once again I had bad collation on the inserts, especially the autographs. For Adam Cleveland, I have 2 of AC1 and 1 of AC2, and for Steven Miller, 3 of SM1 and 2 of SM2. But I have 10 autographs of Jim Kyle and 11 of Tim Shay. With perfect collation I would have 5 sets of autographs plus most of a 6th set. But right now I only have 1 set, hopefully I can find someone to do some trading eventually.

Set #1

Dragon by Gisela Pizzatto (did 30 sketches)

Set #2

Dejah Thoris by Roy Aston Cover (did 20 sketches)

Set #3

Dragon by Gisela Pizzatto (did 30 sketches; this one has great detailing, can't imagine how long it took to draw all the scales on the dragon!)

Set #4

Kraken by Dan Gorman (did 15 sketches)

Set #5

Elf Maiden by Jason Flowers (did 10 sketches)

Set #6

Pirate Maiden by Darrel Bevan (did 10 sketches; some amazing pencil work on this one, great detailing!)

Set #7

Wood Elf by Tim Dowler (did 15 sketches)

Set #8

Elf Maiden by Andrew Villar (did ?? sketches)

Set #9

Mermaid by Gemma Magno (did ?? sketches)

Set #10

Warrior Maiden by Roy Aston Cover (did 20 sketches)

Once again, I got some great sketches. It looks like this set hasn't been too popular, I assume because people don't know how to store/display these sketches. But I relaly like them.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Once again, I got some great sketches. It looks like this set hasn't been too popular, I assume because people don't know how to store/display these sketches. But I relaly like them.
Yeah, that was my problem. I picked a Calzada Headless Horseman up and I liked the sketch a lot, but I couldn't figure out a way to display it and ended up selling it/

Very nice sketches--that dragon is amazing.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do these fit i the Ultra-Pro 1 pocket, or are they too big?

10 Ultra Pro® Platinum Hologram Pages 1 Pocket | eBay
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

They may fit in a comic sized toploader. i have a few still and I'll see if they do fit .
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

No they don't fit, too wide.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post

The paper for the inside part is really thin. You'd have to have a pretty firm holder for it to keep it from getting damaged IMO.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post

They should fit in the 8.5 x 11 pages, but won't fit in the 8 x 10 pages. I currently have them in 8.5 x 11 toploaders as shown in the pics. The toploaders are slightly too big, but as mentioned above the paper is a little flimsy (just regular paper) so the toploaders being a little oversized makes it easier to slide the sketch in.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

didn't know they made that size toploader. I have some Puzzle AP's I will be selling soon and those would work great for shipping them.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have 4 of the Fantasy Z-card blanks and I think 2 Deadworld Z-card blank that i can sell if anyone wants em. Commissions of course not the blanks. I didn't really trust that paper to take watercolors or heavy paints without falling apart so i kept my cards to B/W with a few color spots here and there on some. I did do one Deadworld Z-card full color and surprise surprise the flimsy paper held up well.

Last edited by justice41; 01-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am way late to this discussion, but signed up just to respond. I love this set. I've put mine in 8.5x11 PAGES back to back and that helps them hold up well in a binder. I've also bought a few 11x14 floating frames from Michaels (wait for sale + coupon, about once a month) and they look fantastic in them. I actually got compliments on them from my needling sister who has no interest in such things.

I'm not quite to 30 of these and the only bleeding through or on the paper I've noticed is with markers (like Danny Silva or Chris Meeks) and they look fantastic. It has not detracted from the art nor permeated the paper so that you'd potentially see shadowing or blotches. The creases on some can be a little troublesome. I wouldn't want to fold and re-fold these things too much, but I haven't noticed any significant wear after receiving them from so many handlers (artists, Breygent, suppliers, seller).

Noticed some on this post have sold me things in the past on eBay. Thank you for parting with your sketches. I fear I have an addiction.
newhopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

I think I did 30 of these. Memory fails me Yeah I think 20 WOF and 10 DW.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

I was really surprised by how well the markers took to the paper. At first I was leery because the paper was so thin but it was actually easier to work with compared to the actual card (Which seemed to bleed a bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhopeless View Post
I am way late to this discussion, but signed up just to respond. I love this set. I've put mine in 8.5x11 PAGES back to back and that helps them hold up well in a binder. I've also bought a few 11x14 floating frames from Michaels (wait for sale + coupon, about once a month) and they look fantastic in them. I actually got compliments on them from my needling sister who has no interest in such things.

I'm not quite to 30 of these and the only bleeding through or on the paper I've noticed is with markers (like Danny Silva or Chris Meeks) and they look fantastic. It has not detracted from the art nor permeated the paper so that you'd potentially see shadowing or blotches. The creases on some can be a little troublesome. I wouldn't want to fold and re-fold these things too much, but I haven't noticed any significant wear after receiving them from so many handlers (artists, Breygent, suppliers, seller).

Noticed some on this post have sold me things in the past on eBay. Thank you for parting with your sketches. I fear I have an addiction.
chris meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for the info on the floating frames, I may try that on a couple of mine. I do buy frames from Michael's, in fact I bought an 11x14 frame with an 8x10 mat for a George Webber Vampirella z-sketch I pulled out of a NYCC pack. It looks decent, although there is a small 1/8 inch gap between the top/bottom of the paper and the mat, so it's not exactly the right size:

Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

[QUOTE=aggie4ever;5129866]Thanks for the info on the floating frames, I may try that on a couple of mine. I do buy frames from Michael's, in fact I bought an 11x14 frame with an 8x10 mat for a George Webber Vampirella z-sketch I pulled out of a NYCC pack. It looks decent, although there is a small 1/8 inch gap between the top/bottom of the paper and the mat, so it's not exactly the right size:

WOW! That is great. The 1/8 inch gap is not even noticeable. I'd play with cheap color backings to blend it before shelling out extra $$$ for a custom matte. Here are my floating frames in a crummy low light smart phone pic. Your white matte really makes the colors pop. I'm either going to have to go back to Michael's or paint the wall!
Attached Thumbnails
10 more Breygent World of Fantasy sets-wof-sketches.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris meeks View Post
I was really surprised by how well the markers took to the paper. At first I was leery because the paper was so thin but it was actually easier to work with compared to the actual card (Which seemed to bleed a bit).
Well, I wouldn't have known it from the 2 I have of yours [fairy and female archer with a wicked feather skirt]. I assumed you were pretty confident as yours sell at the top among your peers on eBay and you really spaced your themes using the full paper beautifully.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't have known it from the 2 I have of yours [fairy and female archer with a wicked feather skirt]. I assumed you were pretty confident as yours sell at the top among your peers on eBay and you really spaced your themes using the full paper beautifully.
Thanks! I'm glad they went to a good home. At the time, I was working on character designs for an Aztec themed RPG called New Fire. I had originally designed one of the Priestess' with a feather skirt but the client requested that she be revised with a more traditional Aztec dress. I liked the skirt design so much though that I decided to use it for the Z-Card.

Probably my favorite Z-Card of the bunch. Too bad I didn't do her in color.
chris meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris meeks View Post
Thanks! I'm glad they went to a good home. At the time, I was working on character designs for an Aztec themed RPG called New Fire. I had originally designed one of the Priestess' with a feather skirt but the client requested that she be revised with a more traditional Aztec dress. I liked the skirt design so much though that I decided to use it for the Z-Card.

Probably my favorite Z-Card of the bunch. Too bad I didn't do her in color.
No complaints here. She's amazing!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

These look great in the float frames .....I'm glad the fairy went to a good home... She was my fave!
dsilva is offline   Reply With Quote