Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2X UD Captain America movie case break

These cases went on sale for New Year's (10% off), so I had to pick up a couple to go with the Thor case I posted yesterday. I love these cases at ~$500, and these didn't disappoint. No super huge hits, but several nice costume cards and sketch cards.

Case #1

autograph: Toby Jones
print plates: #47 magenta, #C-7 magenta

costume cards: Golden Age Captain America, Peggy Carter, 2x Dr. Zola, Heinz Kruger, Steve Rogers

Captain America by Matt Minor / female Captain America by ??? (not signed, but looks like Kevin Gentilcore's work) / WWII Captain America by Ryan Kincaid

??? by Hanie Mohd / Falcon by Jon Hughes / Hercules by Mike Miller (Iron Man 2 sketch!?!)

Captain America by Aston Roy Cover / Aquaman (?) by Michael Duron / Captain America by Remy Mokhtar

Case #2

autograph: Kenneth Choi
print plate: #38 yellow

costume cards: Golden Age Captain America, 2x Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, 2x Dr. Zola, Dum Dum Dugan

Spider Man by Tod Allen Smith / Captain America by Brian Kong / Winter Soldier by Chris Foreman

Captain America by Joel Carroll / Quasar by Mark Henry / Iron Man by Jonboy Meyers

Baron Zemo by ??? (not signed) / Union Jack by Bryan Turner / Black Widow by Ben Herrera

It was very nice to get some of the harder to pull costume cards. The Dum Dum Dugan is a very thick piece of material with some deep ridges in it, the material bulges out of the card. In fact, when I opened the pack, I wondered what was going on, since one side of the pack was thicker than the other.

The only disappointment was the Baron Zermo sketch, it sorta looks like the artist forgot to finish it (and maybe that's why it isn't signed). Other than that, many of the sketches are nicely detailed and I got a good amount of color. So overall this was a nice break.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

"aquaman" is speedball
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

Iron Man 2 sketch must have slipped in somehow, weird lol. Nice break!
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd be interested in the plates if they are for sale.
Pm me
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome cards. 1 auto per case makes for a serious SP on the big names.

Wow! What a luck!
EvanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is the Duron Speedball available for trade/sale?
dannyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice break!! These look like a lot of fun to break....will have to think about them.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanD View Post
Awesome cards. 1 auto per case makes for a serious SP on the big names.
Unfortunately there are only 4 autos (Stanley Tucci, Toby Jones, Neal McDonough, and Kenneth Choi), and none for any of the really big name stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Nice break!! These look like a lot of fun to break....will have to think about them.
Well, I like breaking them because you almost never get a bad case, at $500/case, you should be able to get back at least 75%. Get some of the rarer costume cards and you break even. And you have a decent chance at a sketch puzzle (1 every 3 or 4 cases it seems).

But after a couple of cases, it gets repetitive opening packs. And since half the hits are the manufactured patch cards that I didn't show, it gets annoying to be anticipating a good hit, then hitting a cheap card. The breakdown of costume cards can also be a little annoying. Every case I have opened has had a Peggy Carter (not so bad) and a Dr. Zola (very annoying) costume card, and almost every case had another of one of them. So only 3 of the 6 costume cards per case are different. But I guess the relative rarity of the better costume cards means they sell decently. And, there are various variants for several of the costume cards, so that hitting them can be a little more exciting if you know what to look for.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote