Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Smokin' Topps Heroes case break ...

Got my 3 cases today and cracked one .....

VERY PLEASED !!!

First the costumes :

and the autos (yes plural) and sketch :

All heading to ebay tonight unless I get some offers ...
ron
hockeyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

the cheerleader auto will pay for teh case !!!!!!!!!
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Great break! The first Hayden auto is up to $380 with 2+ days to go.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

PM me with prices for sketch card, and two hiro patches. THX!!!!
findizzle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow, 3 autos and one is the Hayden. Awesome. you smoked the odds, autos are just 1.5 per case on average so that is 2 cases worth.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Edit. Not even worth it anymore.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Cubfan86; 01-22-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

holy crap cubfan i don't think that is called for....
Old 01-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidelinecards View Post
holy crap cubfan i don't think that is called for....
Not even worth it anymore.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Cubfan86; 01-22-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

yes that SUCKS....don't know why you are out of line...
the only hit in the $50 box is a $9 costume??
base cards are worthless, nice
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

*** Lists BIN prices for a FRACTION of what the cards should be selling for around release time.*****
I`m not a expert ...what makes you think you are one, on a new product and what they should sell for ??
Just who looks at completed auctions on a new product that just came out ??
I don't and because you think he listed 2 costume cards too low its hurts future sales of others ....are you serious ??
IF this product is retail also how many costume cards will be produced ?? 5000 +++ ??
just my unwanted vamp
Peter newengland4me

Last edited by newengland4me; 01-23-2008 at 09:48 AM.
newengland4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

i think one person pricing the costume cards low (possibly because the person sells mostly hockey and probably doesn't sell as much non-sports cards as others) is the least of everyone's worries.

I hardly think hockeyron is going to be the proverbial "straw" that broke the secondary market's back because of his pricing...especially when there are people out there who get their product in bulk, sometimes up to a week or more before its supposed to go live and sell it well before its supposed to go live... and crush the competition.. or the people who scam on ebay and ruin the secondary market for everyone (shilling, fake patches, fake autos, trimmers, frauds, etc)

i think taking a minute to look at the big picture here, and understanding the circumstances behind the pricing before flaming someone's judgment is the way to go.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

anyone can sell for whatever they want, BUT i understand the point made, RELEASE DATE IS NOT EVEN UNTIL TOMORROW, and now market is already set low...
Peter, yes a few items sold that low, but not even a handful, as it is not even out yet, PLUS some buyers are not even looking yet because it's not even "out", so these might be $15 cards, but it does not really matter

this has always happened, and always will until a release date is actually a release date
and yes a seller can list/sell as he/she chooses! that is fine by me, and should be by us all
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

You know what. Screw even saying anything about it. I forgot that this was not an open forum. Oh wait .... nevermind.
It does make me made and it will continue to. Just because Ron is one person does not make it alright. If you get a few "Just one person" to list low then down go the prices. Everyone gripped about it with Sterling and me as a seller am being hurt by it.
I guess I can thank B&B for understanding.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Do what I do if you think an item is low and has a BIN, buy it and flip it. As a seller, if you are happy with the price that you get for something, than that is all that matters.

As for the release date, that is really up to the Company and the distributers. If an item isn't supposed to be out, then why do people have it? I don't blame the rippers/sellers for getting the product early, I blame Topps in this case for putting it in the shops hands early esp. since their street dates are not set in stone.....like wasn't this supposed to be out before Christmas????
Magicman32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hey guys I did'nt mean to start such a furor ....

I was away for 6 days on vacation and got in late last night , was real busy today and got my cases in this afternoon , ripped one , got excited about some nice hits and never gave a thought to what the actual release date was ..... never even crossed my mind ...... darn thing has been pushed back so many times I guess I was just glad to see it finally arrive ....

As far as pricing goes in all honesty I don't think the costume cards will bring much ....... lets face it , it looks like 1@2 boxes with only 5 cards in the set (not counting the SP claire patch card that I've heard about) ..... these are'nt gonna be tough pulls whether it's a $ 20 box , $ 50 box or a $ 100 box .....

Did'nt mean to step on toes but once I saw the pack odds I honestly did'nt think these would sell for much ...... the autos and sketches will be the money cards in this set and I've done enough Harry Potter cases to know that when you get 1-2 sets in a box that base sets won't bring much at all especially when people look at spending more for shipping than what they're paying for the set .....

ron
Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

yes tired of these rare or low # case buyers getting things so early, but it always happens

don't really know why people are arguing, both points are valid, is that not true? if i had it, i'd want to list too, but i have always been blamed for high buy it nows...like master sets on heritage for $499 and $549, well you know what people laughed at me, BUT i sold 2 at those prices, then the 3rd went $370, well others all got $300-$330, i like to set early market high, people are willing to pay

to me, each his own, you can do whatever you want, buy it nows are nice, but this is the one down side...it's not hockey ron but the 25 others that see prices like that then do it too and bam, market set by seller, rather than the anxious early buyers

oh well, nothing you can do, but both points are valid, and now i am off to PRELIST my costumes for $8.99 got to undersell
Old 01-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

ron, no worries, you are right, these will be $5-$8 cards this week no doubt, but i think the point was it's not even officially out and less than a handful have sold but we are setting the market low, these could have been $12-$15 to start, but don't sweat it, got to do what you got to do... it happens, early auctions are best without buy it nows to test waters and see where market is
but we all get nervous "if i don't list this buy it now $10, i'll only get $8"
but please don't sweat it, it's a valid point but no way to control and to each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyron View Post
Hey guys I did'nt mean to start such a furor ....

I was away for 6 days on vacation and got in late last night , was real busy today and got my cases in this afternoon , ripped one , got excited about some nice hits and never gave a thought to what the actual release date was ..... never even crossed my mind ...... darn thing has been pushed back so many times I guess I was just glad to see it finally arrive ....

As far as pricing goes in all honesty I don't think the costume cards will bring much ....... lets face it , it looks like 1@2 boxes with only 5 cards in the set (not counting the SP claire patch card that I've heard about) ..... these are'nt gonna be tough pulls whether it's a $ 20 box , $ 50 box or a $ 100 box .....

Did'nt mean to step on toes but once I saw the pack odds I honestly did'nt think these would sell for much ...... the autos and sketches will be the money cards in this set and I've done enough Harry Potter cases to know that when you get 1-2 sets in a box that base sets won't bring much at all especially when people look at spending more for shipping than what they're paying for the set .....

ron
Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm just mad that Ron took the case I was supposed to get

Nice hits pal!
Brett
Old 01-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hope my breaks are as good as yours!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

I dont get why anyone would care what you sell your stuff for lol.

Thank Topps for flooding the release with the costume cards instead of making those the SP pulls with the autos and flooding us with sketches where those would have taken care of themself.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

well guys , some of you were upset with me tonight and I guess you got your "revenge" cause I made a mistake tonight I'd never made before ....

I use turbolister and with the 3 autos I had a BIN and a offer and I thought I put down that offers under a certain amount would be automatically rejected (to cut down on expected lowball offers) but instead I hit "accept all offers over a certain amount " ...
so of course I did'nt see this before listing and 1 person bought all 3 autos at quite abit lower prices than I had figured on .....

So I guess I got paid back for my sins

I did'nt even realize turbolister had that option --- I have'nt sold alot over the last year so I never even saw it ....
Well I'm gonna honor the auctions since it's my fault but I suppose now I'll get blamed for ruining the market on the autos too .....

ron
Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Ron,

Sorry to hear about that. Maybe try contacting the buyer to explain what happened. If he/she is understanding I am sure you can work something out.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

well you know I ordered these cases the 1st day my non-sports distributor offered them and watched the case prices go up and figured I'd just flip the cases on release and had a profit figure in mind that I would be happy with but once the case prices seemed to fall this week I figured I'd open at least 1 case ....
so even with the mistake I made and with 2 cases still to sell I'll be ahead of my "hoped for profit" so I'm gonna honor the sales .... not the buyers fault I made a mistake and I don't think it's worth it to me to not honor the sales, take 3 negative hits that I'm sure I'd get just to hopefully make a few more dollars ....
Besides I could have picked one of the other cases and not gotten the 3 autos I did hit so I've got to look at it that way .... It's not like I'm getting $ 50 for the 3 autos either ...
I just feel bad that some people will look at completed auctions on these autos and think these are the prices when in reality a mistake was made but unfortunately I can't correct that ....

ron
Old 01-23-2008, 01:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

Here you go Ron, next time someone complains to you just use this-

Old 01-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #25 (permalink)

You're a good man Ron for honoring those sales without trying to work something out.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote