Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The first of my 2 heroes cases

I got 1 of my 2 cases in the mail today. A bit confused since I ordered 2 from the same source and it is odd they didn't show up together. Hopefully the other 1 arrives tomorrow. I won't say how but it didn't take long to figure out exactly where to find the auto/sketch/costume card in the boxes after I opened 1. I have all 8 of my "hits" from this case and I still have just under 7 full boxes worth of unopened packs.

Box 1- Edward Pun Niki sketch
Box 2- Lord Mesa Claire sketch
Box 3- Adrian Pasdar auto
Box 4- Matt Busch full color Claire sketch. Looks to be part of a multi card panel as it only shows the upper left quarter of her face.
Box 5- Hiro's shirt costume
Box 6- Parkman's police costume
Box 7- Parkman's police costume
Box 8- Milo Ventimiglia auto

3 Sketches, 2 autos and 3 costumes. So glad I beat the odds on the number of costume cards.

Scans coming tomorrow most likely.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

glad to see you got a nice break!!! with all the useful info you have provided us with, you deserve it hope you hit a hayden auto in your case tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
I have all 8 of my "hits" from this case and I still have just under 7 full boxes worth of unopened packs.
Incarnadine,

I personally also want to thank you for being a very valuable member to this board recently. Your knowledge has been most helpful to so many.

I hate to ask, but I have to...What do you plan on doing with those unopened packs? I hope you don't plan on selling them. That would be the second most unethical thing a seller can do in my opinion behind only to re-sealing packs.

Sorry, but I just have to ask.

Matt
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Incarnadine,

I personally also want to thank you for being a very valuable member to this board recently. Your knowledge has been most helpful to so many.

I hate to ask, but I have to...What do you plan on doing with those unopened packs? I hope you don't plan on selling them. That would be the second most unethical thing a seller can do in my opinion behind only to re-sealing packs.

Sorry, but I just have to ask.

Matt
Matt,
I think in this case you can be wrong. I busted my boxes till I pulled the hit and I quit. I then sold all my packs in 100 count lots. I SPECIFICALLY stated in the auction that I opened packs from my boxes and stopped after I got the hit. So my lots only sold for $20 something each but that is fine with me because it is better than spending hours sorting and maybe getting a couple bucks for the 90 card sets.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice break

Thanks again for all your wisdom and input. Looks like you turned a lot of people to the "Dark Side" - NonSprorts cards. LOL

Mike
mdb92951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Matt,
I think in this case you can be wrong. I busted my boxes till I pulled the hit and I quit. I then sold all my packs in 100 count lots. I SPECIFICALLY stated in the auction that I opened packs from my boxes and stopped after I got the hit. So my lots only sold for $20 something each but that is fine with me because it is better than spending hours sorting and maybe getting a couple bucks for the 90 card sets.
You're right, I definitely CAN be wrong, and that's why I asked. We all know though that a lot of sellers would offer these packs as "unsearched", and I just wanted to hear from Incarnadine what was going to happen to these searched, unopened packs. That's all.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

I had time to do some scanning, here are the 8 hits from my case. That Busch is definitely part of a multi card panel:

As for the unopened packs, I haven't decided yet, I may open them in the slim hope of there being 1 more big pull (I've now seen 4 case breaks that had 9 hits, about the same number of cases have had 1 missing too) or I might sell them in lots stating the big pull has been taken.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

That's a beauty of a card. Wow! Congrats.

Good luck with your remaining packs, whatever you decide to do with them.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Matt,
Wow, that's exactly what I did with mine. I sold 4 different 24-count boxes and let people know the "hit" was gone. Three got no bids, lol, and the other sold for $9.99. It's still better than trying to sell sets though!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote