Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default 2012 Leaf Cut Signature 6-Box Case Break, Got Some Nice Cards!!!

This now makes it 36 boxes of this that we have opened...

In no particular order because we didn't keep track:

Box 1:
Jay Leno
Late Night Talk Show Host
4 of 10

Box 2:
Ronnie Wood
Musician - The Rolling Stones
1 of 1

Box 3:
Don Cheadle
Actor - Ocean's Eleven
6 of 6

Box 4:
Aretha Franklin
R & B Music Musician
3 of 3

Box 5:
Michael Dukakis / Walter Mondale
Democratic Presidential Candidates
2 of 3

Box 6:
Red Skelton
Actor and Comedian
21 of 25
Died: 1997
(I'll have to return this to Leaf because the slab is pretty cracked in multiple places)

I think this was a good case!

Thanks for looking!
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!

Last edited by pskell02; 06-11-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: removed fs comment
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,827
Default

Pm me a price for the Leno and Franklin, thanks
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Deathgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bolivia, NC
Posts: 1,690
Default

That's a great case! No Traci Lords, though.
__________________
My Sketch Card Collection: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=39

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
jhmini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: mobile al
Posts: 782
Default

Some nice hits. I've been working on some cases I got breaking 1 or 2 boxes a week to make them last lol.The best I've hit was one I opened last week Jack Haley/Margaret Hamilton The Wizard of Oz 1/1 whats the best you've hit in the other boxes?
jhmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmini View Post
Some nice hits. I've been working on some cases I got breaking 1 or 2 boxes a week to make them last lol.The best I've hit was one I opened last week Jack Haley/Margaret Hamilton The Wizard of Oz 1/1 whats the best you've hit in the other boxes?
Nice! it would be impossible for us to only open 1 box of this per week, especially if we had the case(s) already!

Our best hit(s) were the Nelson Mandela 1/1 and the Orville Wright 1/1.

I posted all of our Leaf Cut Signature breaks on here, if you just click my name to view my profile and click on threads started by me I think they all come up.

Can't wait for 2013 Pre-Orders!!!!

Good luck with all of the other boxes you open! I hope you pull something awesome!
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
jhmini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: mobile al
Posts: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
Nice! it would be impossible for us to only open 1 box of this per week, especially if we had the case(s) already!

Our best hit(s) were the Nelson Mandela 1/1 and the Orville Wright 1/1.

I posted all of our Leaf Cut Signature breaks on here, if you just click my name to view my profile and click on threads started by me I think they all come up.

Can't wait for 2013 Pre-Orders!!!!

Good luck with all of the other boxes you open! I hope you pull something awesome!
Cool i'll check them out.Thats two GREAT hits congrats!Yea its hard not opening them but I break them with someone and since I only see her once a week because of were she lives it helps stop me lol.I can't wait to see 2013 also I hope they keep the cases at 6 boxes seems like they are better then the 12 box ones from past years I seen on youtube.
jhmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmini View Post
Cool i'll check them out.Thats two GREAT hits congrats!Yea its hard not opening them but I break them with someone and since I only see her once a week because of were she lives it helps stop me lol.I can't wait to see 2013 also I hope they keep the cases at 6 boxes seems like they are better then the 12 box ones from past years I seen on youtube.
This is our first year opening any Leaf products. We met Brian Grey at the Industry Summit this year and liked his stuff, so we've been trying all kinds of different things. So far we've open Leaf Inscriptions (6 boxes), Leaf Best of Hockey (6 boxes), Leaf Best of Basketball (1 box), and 35 boxes of Cut Signature.

So far we have done pretty well with the Leaf stuff.

We'll be pre-ordering tons of 2013 stuff through our distributors or maybe try to setup a direct account with Leaf.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
jhmini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: mobile al
Posts: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
This is our first year opening any Leaf products. We met Brian Grey at the Industry Summit this year and liked his stuff, so we've been trying all kinds of different things. So far we've open Leaf Inscriptions (6 boxes), Leaf Best of Hockey (6 boxes), Leaf Best of Basketball (1 box), and 35 boxes of Cut Signature.

So far we have done pretty well with the Leaf stuff.

We'll be pre-ordering tons of 2013 stuff through our distributors or maybe try to setup a direct account with Leaf.
I like the best of stuff that leaf does and the higher end cut sigs.I tried getting direct accounts with a few places last year since I have all the tax stuff setup but it seems like they don't like to deal with people that don't have a shop to sell from. If you like the leaf stuff look up Heroes of Sport breaks on youtube their next release is going to be multi sport and I love the product myself but i'd only do group breaks or full cases never just one box.
jhmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
TheNME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to TheNME
Default

Wow, that's gotta be about the most legit case of anything I've ever seen. Not a scrub to be found.
__________________
I collect Ryno, Fergie, Aramis, Vlad, Ichiro, Frank Robinson, Frank Thomas, Nomah, Ticha Penicheiro, Devin Hester, Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Sarita, Booker T, Eve Torres, Brooke Morales, and Raven (Teen Titans) sketch cards.
TheNME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
All are for sale, just PM me with FAIR offers.
THis is not the Buy/Sell/Trade area and if selling you must list prices.

Dukakis??? BAWAHAHAHAHAHA. My wifes aunt dated him in college.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
THis is not the Buy/Sell/Trade area and if selling you must list prices.

Dukakis??? BAWAHAHAHAHAHA. My wifes aunt dated him in college.
I know which area this is. We broke a case and I posted it here, hence box breaks.

I simply stated that everything is available if anyone is interested. I am not pushing anything in this thread. I'm sorry that you have a problem with that. I don't have to list any prices if I don't want to. Maybe in the Buy/Sell/Trade area I do, but this isn't there.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNME View Post
Wow, that's gotta be about the most legit case of anything I've ever seen. Not a scrub to be found.
I agree. Out of all the cases we've busted of this stuff, this was very solid.

Hard to say it was the best because of the huge pulls we've had, but it was definitely a solid case. Hard to beat the 3 low #'d ones we got. And the highest #'d being a Red Skelton sure beats a high #'d of Warren Beattey.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
I know which area this is. We broke a case and I posted it here, hence box breaks.

I simply stated that everything is available if anyone is interested. I am not pushing anything in this thread. I'm sorry that you have a problem with that. I don't have to list any prices if I don't want to. Maybe in the Buy/Sell/Trade area I do, but this isn't there.
You keep thinking that Skippy
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You keep thinking that Skippy
It's always a pleasure dealing with the "holier than thou" condescending message board nazis like yourself.

If the mods have a problem with this post or thread they can let me know or delete it.

Thank you for your valuable input.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
It's always a pleasure dealing with the "holier than thou" condescending message board nazis like yourself.

If the mods have a problem with this post or thread they can let me know or delete it.

Thank you for your valuable input.
As it is always a pleasure dealing with a charter member of the Participation Ribbon Club who thinks they can do what they wich when they wish because mommy and daddy never told then "no".
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
As it is always a pleasure dealing with a charter member of the Participation Ribbon Club who thinks they can do what they wich when they wish because mommy and daddy never told then "no".
This is your genius response???

Again "holier than thou". You really don't deserve a response from me, but just so we are clear...

You know nothing about me and I can tell you now that "I think I can do what I want because mommy and daddy never told me no" is so far from the truth and completely opposite of what you think you are trying to prove that it's not even funny.

2nd, tell me where on this site that it says that what I posted here in this forum is against the rules?

3rd, do you Nazi and nitpick every other post and thread started?

If you are so butthurt about this, go ahead and report me and this thread to the mods. If they tell me the same as you, then fine, lesson learned.

I won't do you the favor of responding to any more of your idiotic posts. Please move along to the next thread so you can condescend them because I'm not having it.

Again, thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
VinnyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,167
Default To begin with...

Jlznick was giving you a heads up to the rules that unfortunately a lot of people don't read much.
Without being condescending, please read my signature.

Best to All,
VinnyH
__________________
I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits.
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Jlznick was giving you a heads up to the rules that unfortunately a lot of people don't read much.
Without being condescending, please read my signature.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Thank you for the info, but..... There's nothing to read regarding this!

I don't have a problem following the rules, and a mod already PMed me because Jlznick tattled, saying that it's only loosely enforced and I have no problem abiding by that request.

But maybe YOU can tell me where it actually says this in the RULES? Seriously, show me. I can't find it.

I searched the FAQs and found nothing, and there is no sticky at the top of any box breaks forum saying that you can't offer your cards for sale in a box break section. Other people are doing it in many other box break threads and their threads aren't hijacked and called out in the middle of it.

Regarding your signature, I think you have it backwards. Jlznick was the one trying to flex his muscles, not the "new guy". I'm simply stating that I'm not breaking any rules as they are written.

Maybe they need to be updated or something.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
Thank you for the info, but..... There's nothing to read regarding this!

I don't have a problem following the rules, and a mod already PMed me because Jlznick tattled, saying that it's only loosely enforced and I have no problem abiding by that request.

But maybe YOU can tell me where it actually says this in the RULES? Seriously, show me. I can't find it.

I searched the FAQs and found nothing, and there is no sticky at the top of any box breaks forum saying that you can't offer your cards for sale in a box break section. Other people are doing it in many other box break threads and their threads aren't hijacked and called out in the middle of it.

Regarding your signature, I think you have it backwards. Jlznick was the one trying to flex his muscles, not the "new guy". I'm simply stating that I'm not breaking any rules as they are written.

Maybe they need to be updated or something.
I personally don't think it's a big deal and wouldn't bother wasting my time saying anything to you because I see breaks all the time where someone mentions that 'cards will be going to ebay' or 'PM me if interested in any' - I'm sure I've said this before myself and I see it all the time go without anyone mentioning it. After all, you are sharing your break first and foremost, not soliciting the sale of your cards; maybe just mentioning whether or not they are available in case you get questions about it.

But, different things annoy different people; I particularly get annoyed when off-topic posts are made in the NON-SPORTS section, and might call someone out for that.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
VinnyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,167
Default It may seem picky but...

after a while this erodes the boards. Yes, it's a minor detail but veterans here have seen how things fall to the wayside. The mods are excellent and do what they can.
The reaction of someone who has been here 2 months just seemed more defiant than understanding. I can quote rules listed here and there but they could be picked apart in different ways. We're not here to argue the nuance of a rule, just to help each other keep this place in some kind of order.

I wish everyone the best,
VinnyH
__________________
I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits.
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
after a while this erodes the boards. Yes, it's a minor detail but veterans here have seen how things fall to the wayside. The mods are excellent and do what they can.
The reaction of someone who has been here 2 months just seemed more defiant than understanding. I can quote rules listed here and there but they could be picked apart in different ways. We're not here to argue the nuance of a rule, just to help each other keep this place in some kind of order.

I wish everyone the best,
VinnyH
Fair enough. I won't argue the nuance of a rule, I just want to see the rule. The thing is, you can't quote any rules regarding this because they don't exist. There is nothing to nitpick. How can someone break a rule that isn't even posted? And why won't anybody who is complaining about this show me the rule? WHY? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST! Please, I am begging you, show me the rule that says you can't offer cards for sale in a box break thread.

Until then, I will abide by the request of the mod because I respect their request, but I seriously won't stand for holier than thou members telling me I am doing something wrong when in fact I am not. See that as being defiant vs. understanding, I don't care. The fact remains is that the rule does not exist. Until it does, you can't expect ANYONE to follow it, new members or old.

t2554, thank you for your valid input to this discussion, even though it's severely off-topic of the case break I totally agree with you.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 981
Default

I've been wanting to get into one of these single slab cut cards for a long time, but the only person (I guess a lot of others would want it also) that I would aim for is the Walt Disney slab. But I can't seem to find if it's been hit yet, are there still a lot of this product out there, or has his sig already been hit?

I'm hoping if I'm a bajillionaire one day I'll just buy one of his sigs off ebay lol...he's an inspiration.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,052
Default

everyone just chill out, relax

Last edited by baytowntex; 06-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
VinnyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
Fair enough. I won't argue the nuance of a rule, I just want to see the rule. The thing is, you can't quote any rules regarding this because they don't exist. There is nothing to nitpick. How can someone break a rule that isn't even posted? And why won't anybody who is complaining about this show me the rule? WHY? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST! Please, I am begging you, show me the rule that says you can't offer cards for sale in a box break thread.

Until then, I will abide by the request of the mod because I respect their request, but I seriously won't stand for holier than thou members telling me I am doing something wrong when in fact I am not. See that as being defiant vs. understanding, I don't care. The fact remains is that the rule does not exist. Until it does, you can't expect ANYONE to follow it, new members or old.

t2554, thank you for your valid input to this discussion, even though it's severely off-topic of the case break I totally agree with you.
Welcome New Members! *Read here first*
Forum Rules
Rule #10: Sales of single cards are permitted in the B/S/T (buy/sell/trade) forum.

Buy/Sell/Trade aka B/S/T Rules and Guidelines
General Rules and Guidelines for Buy/Sell/Trade - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN B/S/T
Include a price for each item in the first post of your thread (Buying or Selling). If you're buying or selling, please POST A PRICE! Failure to do so will result in the thread being deleted. Prices must be posted for every item that is for sale; if you are selling a lot, only a lot price is necessary but if you start to sell individual items, then individual prices are required. etc…

Hopefully we don't need our attorneys to debate this.

VinnyH
__________________
I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits.
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
thedarkbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Welcome New Members! *Read here first*
Forum Rules
Rule #10: Sales of single cards are permitted in the B/S/T (buy/sell/trade) forum.

Buy/Sell/Trade aka B/S/T Rules and Guidelines
General Rules and Guidelines for Buy/Sell/Trade - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN B/S/T
Include a price for each item in the first post of your thread (Buying or Selling). If you're buying or selling, please POST A PRICE! Failure to do so will result in the thread being deleted. Prices must be posted for every item that is for sale; if you are selling a lot, only a lot price is necessary but if you start to sell individual items, then individual prices are required. etc…

Hopefully we don't need our attorneys to debate this.

VinnyH
Thank you for actually providing links and wording for some rules.

I disagree that these rules apply to this situation, but whatever, move on. I'm not arguing about it anymore.
__________________
I collect Albert Pujols, Roger Maris and some sets. I love busting wax and open a lot of it!
thedarkbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.