Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 case Star Wars Clone Wars ROTBH break

Had to get a couple of these cases since they went on sale, these are cases # 26 & 27 that I've opened for those keeping score. I was pretty happy with them, I pulled 1 sketch for my set (and possibly a 2nd one depending on who I get from my animator redemption), each case had an animator sketch, and I got extra sketches. The only downer was that about a third of the sketches had some roller damage on the top edge. Most were just light damage, but a couple had major damage, including a very nice Jeff Confer sketch.

Case #26

Yoda by Alex Buechel / General Grievous by Lawrence Snelly / Mace Windu by Robert Teranishi

animator redemption / Padme Amidala by Cynthia Narcisi / Ki-Adi-Mundi by Shelli Paroline

Nute Gunray by Darin Radimaker / Tera Sinube by Chris Uminga / Anakin Skywalker by Geoff Munn

Case #27

Ione Marcy by Tim Proctor / Pre Vizsla by Lance Sawyer / Bossk by John McCrea

Bossk by Alex Buechel / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Jeff Confer / Admiral Yularen by Stephanie Yue

Plo Koon by Braden Lamb / B2-HA Super Battle Droid by Ryan Hungerford
Ki-Adi-Mundi by Will Nichols (animator) / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Kevin Doyle

Very happy with the break, I got several nice sketch cards, and several were from artists that I've only pulled 1 or 2 sketches of them previously. Even with the damaged cards, I should break even on these cases. So now I really want to order a couple more to see if I can pull a couple more sketches I need for my set, especially after seeing eldavojohn's break!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very nice, I like seeing older box breaks or ones not frequently opened. Keep 'em coming.

Are the animator sketches done by animators from the Clone Wars show? How many are in the product?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dude, your breaks were both better than mine! How did you get EXTRA SKETCHES?! DUDE!
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Are the animator sketches done by animators from the Clone Wars show? How many are in the product?
Yes, they are done by animators who work on the show, I think there are 13 different animators. They typically do 50-100 sketches each, I've been hitting them about 1 in every other case (12 out of 27.5 cases, so a little less than 1 in every other case). So hitting 2 out of 2 cases was very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Dude, your breaks were both better than mine! How did you get EXTRA SKETCHES?! DUDE!
The animator sketches are usually extra hits, looking back at your break I'm surprised you didn't have another sketch with your redemption. I've also been getting boxes with 2 regular sketches about 1 in 4 or 5 cases, so it's a nice surprise when you get an extra sketch. I was shocked by the second case, when I pulled both the Proctor and Sawyer in the first box, and the Nichols and Doyle in the last box!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Are any of the cards for sale / trade? Interested in the McCrea Bossk, among others.

Thanks,

James
jamesr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Great cases Aggie!!!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Great cases Aggie!!!
Thanks Cujo, but you're behind, you didn't even comment on my latest break. Guess you had too much fun in Vegas, and you're still catching up!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

are these all gone off the blowout site?
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Thanks Cujo, but you're behind, you didn't even comment on my latest break. Guess you had too much fun in Vegas, and you're still catching up!
Very True! The sound of slots and poker chips still ringing in my ears as well.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote