Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 3 boxes of Marvel: Dangerous Divas

So I was hot to open some more loose boxes after all the luck I had with the stuff I bought at Philly NSCS. On the other hand, I wasn't looking to really spend my money because NY Comic Con is next weekend. I was able to get a pretty decent deal on 3 boxes of Dangerous Divas, and even though it wasn't the best time, I couldn't pass on the opportunity to try and extend my hot streak.

Box 1 - Invisible Woman by Jason 'Axebone' Potter in the very last pack. I was getting nervous. Thought I might have been duped and bought three of those 'no sketch' promo boxes!

Box 2 - She Hulk by Mark Spears

Box 3 - Unkown, but very well done, female character by Yesim Asrar Any help on the identification would be appreciated.

So the hot streak continues! Makes me want to find some more loose boxes and go crazy on them. Gotta bust them while I'm hot! The Axe is a killer hit. I'd never spend the money to buy one, so its pretty cool to have one in my collection. A very popular character too. I like the Spears. Most of his packed out sketches, that I have seen, are just faces, busts or portraits. Nice to get something with some action, even it if isn't high value. The last card is awesome. I wish I knew who it was? The work is outstanding, and I definitely consider Asrar to be a very good hit even though the recent auction prices haven't been spectacular. Tim has got an Asrar Spider-Woman card that I've had on my Watch List pretty much as long as I've been collecting

The one thing that is a total bummer is that all of the sketches have some damage. Does anybody know if this was a common problem with this set? I've only busted one other box, and the sketch card in that box was fine. These boxes had no signs of damage, and all the cards were in excellent condition. You can't tell from the scans, but the top layer of the sketch is separated torn up from the rest of the card, below the Dangerous Divas logo. Looks like something that might have happened during the pressing process, like it didn't cut all the way through in that area and it tore a little when the scraps were being separated? Anyway, the Axe is the least damaged and the Spears is the worst.

Since none of them are characters I collect, I will consider trades on any of them. I'd want an Axe in turn for the Axe though, and something pretty high quality (if not another Yesim Asrar) in turn for the Asrar. I'm not dying to unload any of them, since I think they are all good quality sketches.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your unknown is Elsa Bloodstone from Nextwave. I'd be interested in it if you're looking to move it....
saxonlives is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

nice break, congrats on the great Axebone!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now that's a great break! There is still so much good stuff hiding in the older Marvel boxes.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Where do you guys buy these older boxes? I really don't like it that any of my artwork is still sitting un opened and un seen. lol.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Now that's a great break! There is still so much good stuff hiding in the older Marvel boxes.

As a general rule, I feel like the likelihood of hitting a gem is higher in some of the older stuff. APs were selling well back then, and top artists were doing mote cards. I didn't get as good a deal on these as I did on the SMA & IM2 though. Plus I wasn't collecting back when these were on shelves. I'd like to build a mini master set of both SMA and DD so ill always pick up a loose box if the price is right. One of the things I slept on and lost at Philly NSCS was 48 loose 'no sketch' packs of DD for $40
Old 10-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonlives View Post
Your unknown is Elsa Bloodstone from Nextwave. I'd be interested in it if you're looking to move it....
Thanks Saxonlives and Sketchopolix for the identification