Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX Breaks

NON-SPORT BOX Breaks Post your Non-Sports Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 78
Default Breaking Bad 5 box break

Hello all,

Here are my results of my 5 boxes of Breaking Bad. No scans yet.

Authentic Wardrobe:

M1 - Walter White - Shirt Variant - Seam and Stitching of shirt
M8 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Black Shirt
M10 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Brown Shirt
M14 - Gustavo "Gus" Fring - Blue Shirt
M15 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Purple Shirt

I think I got all the Mike Wardrobe Pieces!! lol

Authentic Autographs:

A2 - Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader
A5 - David Constabile as Gale Boetticher - Variant 'Samarium 62" from Periodic Table
A7 - Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca
A18 - Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman
A21 - Anna Gunn as Sklyer White

Let me know how I did and thanks for looking!!
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Super8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,357
Default

I can't say if you did well or not... not familiar with the show or set.

Just a question - I've noticed in a lot of Cryptozoic box breaks, folks will mention a relic being a 'variant' - and its usually stitching or dirty or a pattern or something other than a plain swatch.

I don't know Cryptozoic products that well... are these variants 'official', as in they are mentioned/referenced on the website or marked on the card as such... or are they only considered variants to collectors because they visually stand out?
__________________
Collecting Cincinnati Reds - current, past notable and HOF
Wrestling - Kane, Victoria/Tara and Sarita
Benchwarmer PC - Sandra Taylor, Jennifer Korbin, and Camille Anderson

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Hello all,

Here are my results of my 5 boxes of Breaking Bad. No scans yet.

Authentic Wardrobe:

M1 - Walter White - Shirt Variant - Seam and Stitching of shirt
M8 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Black Shirt
M10 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Brown Shirt
M14 - Gustavo "Gus" Fring - Blue Shirt
M15 - Mike Ehrmantraut - Purple Shirt

I think I got all the Mike Wardrobe Pieces!! lol

Authentic Autographs:

A2 - Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader
A5 - David Constabile as Gale Boetticher - Variant 'Samarium 62" from Periodic Table
A7 - Mark Margolis as Tio Salamanca
A18 - Tess Harper as Mrs. Pinkman
A21 - Anna Gunn as Sklyer White

Let me know how I did and thanks for looking!!
You got 2 of the biggest autos - congrats!!
__________________
Always looking for Base, Inserts, RC, GU, Autos:
James Casey (Eagles NFL, formerly Texans)
Danny Granger (Clippers NBA, formerly Pacers)
Pittsburgh Steelers - past and present, Ward, Bettis, Roethlisberger, Miller
hrad_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
neon_tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 646
Default

you did very well. Anna Gunn is the auto you want to hit in terms of value. Huge fan of Mike, great job pulling his stuff.

I hope i do just as well with my 6 boxes next week.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 294
Default

that was a pretty dang good 5 box break
Campbelljh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
CAS239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 2,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
I can't say if you did well or not... not familiar with the show or set.

Just a question - I've noticed in a lot of Cryptozoic box breaks, folks will mention a relic being a 'variant' - and its usually stitching or dirty or a pattern or something other than a plain swatch.

I don't know Cryptozoic products that well... are these variants 'official', as in they are mentioned/referenced on the website or marked on the card as such... or are they only considered variants to collectors because they visually stand out?
There's no "official" wardrobe variants pointed out by Crypto. It's just a variant to collectors/buyers/sellers in the sense that it's not just a plain color piece of fabric, or has something to make it stand out from other wardrobe cards making it rare.

Variants are more sought after and can bring in more money than the same card with just a plain wardrobe piece. Couple big ones for example would be the face of a superhero from Sheldon's shirt in the Big Bang theory, or the rainbow piece from Walker Sophia in the Walking Dead Season 2.
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
wadedaniel84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,759
Default

I can't seem to get into this with the 2 main characters NOT in the product as far as autos : (

Nice stuff though
__________________
PC: PSA/DNA Slabbed Rookie Cards (All sports) [3]
Football: Steelers
Baseball: Cubs, HOF Autos, Trout BGS 9.5
Basketball: HOFers
wadedaniel84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
I can't seem to get into this with the 2 main characters NOT in the product as far as autos : (

Nice stuff though
Just means their relics are sell awesome.

Yes it's a downer they were not in auto wise but I don't think people should get too hung up on that.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.