Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > NON-SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

NON-SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your NON-SPORTS Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default AUTHENTICATING in person autos - what to do ????

i have a couple of cards that i have that were hand signed in person, not sure what service to use to get them authenticated. one is a non sport card of natalie portman star wars and the other is a joe frazier ginter base card.

any recommendations would be appreciated. thanks!
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

PSA/DNA or James Spence Authentication (JSA)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

PSA/DNA for sure

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wonderful question. I have been thinking about doing with some of mine that also.

I will look up PSA and find out some stuff on prices and authentication.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

PSA? JSA? I, personally, would not recommend these companies....you should of took a picture when you got it signed, thats the best proof... for starters, go to Autograph Alert, Autograph News and Information and www.haulsofshame.com
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
PSA? JSA? I, personally, would not recommend these companies....you should of took a picture when you got it signed, thats the best proof... for starters, go to Autograph Alert, Autograph News and Information and Welcome to Hauls of Shame
A picture means nothing to most buyers when you are trying to resell. Someone can put that picture of the athlete signing an item with a fake autographed item and claim it was signed in person. For resale, go with PSA or JSA. They are the best 3rd party authenticators in the biz. Stay away from GAI.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

PSA/DNA & JSA are the best out there...but they also make mistakes and pass items that are fake and don't pass items that are real...

Also just because you witnessed it and you know it's real doesn't mean PSA or JSA will authenticate it. A lot of personalities (sports or movie) sign different when it's a rush event compared to paid signings so the autos may be completely different.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've never had a problem with psa
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

PSA and JSA are the two top most well respected companies that are most commonly known.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
A picture means nothing to most buyers when you are trying to resell. Someone can put that picture of the athlete signing an item with a fake autographed item and claim it was signed in person. For resale, go with PSA or JSA. They are the best 3rd party authenticators in the biz. Stay away from GAI.
video evidence over everything.... and you must not have been to the links i added Autograph Alert, Autograph News and Information and Welcome to Hauls of Shame
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just checked out the sites. Pretty interesting stuff. I personally would never buy a PSA or JSA item because it is just an opinion. There is no guarantee. However, I would get my items authenticated by PSA because it gives buyers a 2nd opinion, other than me just telling them it is real. Even a video doesn't prove it is the same item. You would have to hologram the item before it is signed, show the camera the hologram, then have the person sign the item. That is the only way I would believe video. Items can be switched out from the ones in pictures to the ones they are selling.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I just checked out the sites. Pretty interesting stuff. I personally would never buy a PSA or JSA item because it is just an opinion. There is no guarantee. However, I would get my items authenticated by PSA because it gives buyers a 2nd opinion, other than me just telling them it is real. Even a video doesn't prove it is the same item. You would have to hologram the item before it is signed, show the camera the hologram, then have the person sign the item. That is the only way I would believe video. Items can be switched out from the ones in pictures to the ones they are selling.
you would have to take the video right, how u said