Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > NON-SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

NON-SPORTS SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your NON-SPORTS Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
I don't have anything from him either. . . I looked at the shipping noticed I received before did not have a tracking number. . . for some reason I thought it did. . .
ditto ...
rec shipping notice - but no tracking # in there

and w the recent ebay sales that took place after BO sales - we should see feedback on ebay if those deliveries were made soon
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

I picked up one of the eBay auctions and haven't received any shipping notice on it. I also emailed Charles (which I'm sure others have done as well) and haven't seen a response (in fairness it has only been a number of hours).
Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

i opened a dispute after not receiving cards today and someone responded saying he is in hospital still and full refunds will be sent to everyone on the forums. Kinda upset, really just wanted the cards
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyCollector View Post
i opened a dispute after not receiving cards today and someone responded saying he is in hospital still and full refunds will be sent to everyone on the forums. Kinda upset, really just wanted the cards
That is another interesting response, especially since several of us already have shipping notices. . . so does that mean that shipping notices were sent, but cards weren't?

Also, the eBay auctions went up supposedly after he went into the hospital, they certainly ended after that. . . and I received an invoice for the auction I won. . .
Old 09-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

I find that also interesting Jon, as I got a shipping notice. Here's a update for everyone. I received this response to my paypal claim today.

Hello, Per Charles Req, A full refund will be issues. He was hit by a driver in NY State. Due to him having surgery, him on pain meds,him still in the hospital, and other numerous on-going issues pertaining all to the driver that had hit him..etc. His brother is not set to handle the on-going transactions..etc. The item that his father had mailed were not of that from a forum of the blow out card site...thanks and sorry for the on going issues. A full refund will be issued for both current and non current cases. DX: the reason why the 24 hour auctions were initially started was in an effort to help pay for the insurance that was not covered (on-going co-pays, emergency medicine) and his father tried to take over what he had left once the specific passwords were obtained and access was granted by charles, but to cut a long story short, refunds will be returned, the packages mailed were not of the blowout forum, and the last step he got to was to marked it as being processed but neither parent or brother are familiar with how the paypal,ebay,forum systems work. Im just a third party called into assist, im not a family member. thanks

From Seller - CHARLES CARROLL9/6/2012 11:22 PDT
We also will be opening up a phone number (temp #) for anyone with questions. Blow out forum wasnt the only place where he sold items, besides ebay there were several other items. fifty transactions all in all were in the course of the end of Aug until current (9/6/12), this includes items that people got that were put on hold until their paydays, auctions pending, and the effort to start 1 day auctions to "try" and generate some income for the insurance bills to come that he was not covered in aka "emergency medicine" ( P.O.) prn. We are sorry for the lack of efforts and the people not knowing how to do the items and which was which. I have temp. logged on in his password and cleaned some of his full aol and blowoutcard inbox as well as his website address as well which was the only site that his dad has sent the items out because all 17 were already packaged. thanks
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Geez, while I certainly hope everything is ok with Charles, and I feel like a bit of a jerk for saying anything. . . If there is a problem and stuff isn't shipped why aren't they just refunding money with an apology?

The responses above aren't exactly clear on what is going on. . . I mean it says nothing was sent from blowout, but 17 things were sent from his 'website address,' which I am guessing means email address. . . well I ultimately finished negotiating with him via email, even though the transaction started here so what does that mean? Realistically since the card I bought seems to have ended up on eBay it obviously wasn't shipped. . . I can't check my mail today . . .

Has anyone received anything?

Jon
Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Not me yet. Should I just open up a PayPal dispute so we can be refunded or should I wait?
spookowl1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #33 (permalink)

This was the response I got on paypal:

Hello, Per Charles Req, A full refund will be issues. He was hit by a driver in NY State. Due to him having surgery, him on pain meds,him still in the hospital, and other numerous on-going issues pertaining all to the driver that had hit him..etc. His brother is not set to handle the on-going transactions..etc. The item that his father had mailed were not of that from a forum of the blow out card site...thanks and sorry for the on going issues.
travish_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #34 (permalink)

I got a reaaalllllyyy good deal and really want the cards that I bought rather than the refund.

How do you think I should go about doing this.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #35 (permalink)

For what its worth, he was "active" on facebook a little over 24hrs ago which was about the normal time Id run into him on there.

Charles Carroll (friends with Leaf Trading Cards) likes Sh*t We Find Funny's photo. 12:32am
Charles Carroll (friends with Leaf Trading Cards) likes Sh*t We Find Funny's photo. 12:32am
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
For what its worth, he was "active" on facebook a little over 24hrs ago which was about the normal time Id run into him on there.

Very interesting tidbit. I sent a message on paypal asking when to expect the refund that was promised before that.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

According to an email I received from his brother refunds should be sent out next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I asked if I should open claims and the brother didn't know. . . so?!

He also said Charles was taken his phone and may be trying to get online to do some limited stuff . . .
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

I received a similar response Jon, also saying that people could send him messages on here because Jimmy cleared some messages. I tried to send one just now, and was yet again...rejected. Btw, NyAuthentic is online right now. If you're reading this Charles or Jimmy...clear your message box or give us all a update in this thread.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #39 (permalink)

well as expected, an ebay buyer dropped the 1st negative

anyone know the rules for filing paypal claim .. how long before it is too late?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

Im not sure why some of the results on some of their ended auctions arent there anymore but I can personally say that the rourke 1/1 was sold more than once, and even after the first time, and the second time, he offered it to me in trade but I backed away because you dont sell something like that twice, then try and trading it. It speaks of shilling and shady actions.

Same thing on the sound of music. It sold for 202 and after it sold I get a 2nd chance offer less than a week later at 150.00 even though there were 2 or 3 other bidders outside of me that were higher.

I didnt bite but high bidder ended up leaving fb on the 18th.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #41 (permalink)

And here is the card that a negative was left for -- J-Lo, and the same J-Lo that I was sold . . . twice:

That auction ended about three weeks ago.

So. . . even if everything about the accident was true, this card was sold and not shipped on August 13th on eBay and again to me on August 27 on Blowout -- BEFORE the accident. Ohh yeah, and it was sold to me again on September 1st on eBay.

Jon
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #42 (permalink)

As CollectorMan said earlier -- there was activity on his Blowout Account today:

"Last Activity: Today 10:52 AM"

Did anyone hear from Charles/Jimmy?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #43 (permalink)

I'm calling BS on the story. He was able to log on today. Why wouldn't you respond to this thread? Too many weird occurrences. I hope I'm wrong and he was hit by a car (can't believe I'm saying that btw) but it feels like a scam from someone who duped multiple people on BO and eBay for 1-2k total.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #44 (permalink)

I'd advise everyone to escalate the claims. Get your links, messages with screen shots, and maybe even call paypal to explain the situation. This is completely out of hand. If you were being honest, you would respond to this thread.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #45 (permalink)

good idea CollectorMan, started my 1st ever paypal dispute to protect myself. now gotta sit and wait.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #46 (permalink)

If anyone gets a update on paypal status for this, please post it here.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #47 (permalink)

When should I escalate to claim? After wednesday passes and the promised refunds don't happen?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #48 (permalink)

Id do it now.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Id do it now.
Totally agree. If he hasn't responded here, why take chances? He can clearly get online.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
good idea CollectorMan, started my 1st ever paypal dispute to protect myself. now gotta sit and wait.
following up - in paypal dispute area - got a message that the seller provided paypal w tracking information. instead of waiting 10 days of silence from the seller to get my funds back, the seller logged on to paypal to provide a tracking # ( really? so were items shipped, when? )

"The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We havenít confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you."

so instead of me waiting, i need to do next step.

i dont see tracking information, i never received tracking information. so today, tues, when we were told to expect refunds - now there is tracking information provided by the seller to paypal?

thx for the headache .