Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok1891 View Post
So is anyone else into these? I am trying to find fellow collectors. I am also considering buying a case and seeing if anyone can tell me how one has broken for an example? I've bought individual cases and haven't gotten anything amazing but I may also be buying "left overs" from people that cherry picked the good stuff from cases.
I collect Clara and 12th Dr. cards, so I am always looking for parallels with those characters (still need 1 blue, 6 red, 10 gold from this set). It seems to have dried up for the most part in the usual places. I have ~50 extra blues and 11 extra purples from buying groups of parallels to get specific cards I need, and I have a extra yellows and base around somewhere from buying a complete set of each to get the 11 cards I wanted, but I don't collect the full sets.

If you're looking to trade/sell, my want list is here. I can supply a list of my extra base/parallels if needed. I'm not sure I'd recommend additional cases as a good purchase. Values are heavily depressed across the board unless you hit a doctor/major companion auto or a dual/triple auto card.
jade2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade2013 View Post
I collect Clara and 12th Dr. cards, so I am always looking for parallels with those characters (still need 1 blue, 6 red, 10 gold from this set). It seems to have dried up for the most part in the usual places. I have ~50 extra blues and 11 extra purples from buying groups of parallels to get specific cards I need, and I have a extra yellows and base around somewhere from buying a complete set of each to get the 11 cards I wanted, but I don't collect the full sets.

If you're looking to trade/sell, my want list is here. I can supply a list of my extra base/parallels if needed. I'm not sure I'd recommend additional cases as a good purchase. Values are heavily depressed across the board unless you hit a doctor/major companion auto or a dual/triple auto card.

Thanks Jade! Love 12 & Clara, got to get in a picture with them last year at DC's Awesome Con.

Like what kind of parallels are you looking for? Just the characters of 12 & Clara or like any card that has them in it?

Yeah I think my days of buying by the box (2 hit guarantee are over). Boxes seem to run around $75 after shipping and they yield two hits but one is almost certainly going to be Sally Sparrow's sweater or an Ood part (or the headless monk costume) which is worth like $5 if you are lucky. Then the autograph spot is usually a $20 type card.

So I'm figuring out that if I want a more guaranteed shot at something "prized" I need to buy by the 12 box case. Then I should hope to find the two prized cards early on and sell remaining unopened boxes for about $60 or $70 if I want to recoup my costs as much as possible.

People have said each box has a relic and an auto, is that accurate? My 2nd box has an Odd relic and a Tennant relic, no auto. Or does that mean a Tennant relic is considered as good as an auto? So you aren't getting an auto and a Tennant relic in a box?
havok1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Tried my hand at two boxes. Ugh, results were disappointing to say the least. 10th Doctor relic (i already had one of), lame headless monk relic, auto of the guy that was the voice of the Beast in the "Satan Pit" episode, and auto of some guy that was also on Gotham in the Red Hood episode. At least I didn't already have the autos, but the two autos have a net value of $30 if I am lucky. Makes me appreciate 2 of my previous 3 boxes more.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

My wife got me 3 boxes for our anniversary yesterday. Autos weren't anything special-

Kembi Bo Jacobs Auto (purple) numbered to 10
Simon Williams Auto (blue) numbered to 25
Christine Adams Auto (green) numbered to 50

Doctor's Daughter Costume Relic (red) #'d to 10
Rose Tyler Costume Relic (blue) #'d to 99
Headless Monk Base Relic

I'm looking to finish up some sets of Doctor Who- If ANYONE can help, please check my thread- Looking for Doctor Who cards
Old 05-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyb View Post
My wife got me 3 boxes for our anniversary yesterday. Autos weren't anything special-

Kembi Bo Jacobs Auto (purple) numbered to 10
Simon Williams Auto (blue) numbered to 25
Christine Adams Auto (green) numbered to 50

Doctor's Daughter Costume Relic (red) #'d to 10
Rose Tyler Costume Relic (blue) #'d to 99
Headless Monk Base Relic

I'm looking to finish up some sets of Doctor Who- If ANYONE can help, please check my thread- Looking for Doctor Who cards
Yeah, I am starting to think the really desired autos are much rarer than I expected. Like isn't Jennna Coleman supposed to be in this pool but there is not and hasn't been one auto card present of hers on ebay ever? Maybe she is like #/10 or something along with similar people and its mainly the minor actors that have been reused in at least 3 sets.

One of these days I gotta get an entire case and see how that pans out.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I am starting to think the really desired autos are much rarer than I expected. Like isn't Jennna Coleman supposed to be in this pool but there is not and hasn't been one auto card present of hers on ebay ever? Maybe she is like #/10 or something along with similar people and its mainly the minor actors that have been reused in at least 3 sets.

One of these days I gotta get an entire case and see how that pans out.

The Coleman gold 1/1 is the only one that has been pulled to my knowledge. I'd have to guess that it's the only one that was made. Maybe there are some red #/5 out there, bit definitely don't buy a case expecting a big hit as most of the big names seem really short printed.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Good to know.

Sigh, I suppose sooner or later I will have to buy a case just for the experience. Surely gets you an auto or something (more than a relic) of a doctor or companion? Even if it's a 6th or 8th Doctor era thing. Or is it just 12 boxes of basically the same stuff I've seen?

I guess the usual level of autos that show up are ok but i wish it was more like 2 of them a box and not 1 of them and generally speaking a worthless relic like a headless monk. I feel like that isn't asking too much considering the same autos that you realistically will get are reused in each wave.

I love the range of autos in there, but sometimes the autos are so insignificant I feel like i wouldn't be shocked to see an auto of "Mike the goffer" as in the guy that had to go get coffee and stuff on set (or tea as it's England).
Old 05-14-2017, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Well now I am seeing evidence that Jenna Coleman signed at least 25 in the Timeless series. So, if you are targeting her that would be a better pool to buy from? Or does Topps have these actors sign once but they break up the signatures to spread out of various collections? So Jenna may have signed like 1000 cards, but Topps decides when to ration them out?

That sure seems likely doesn't it? At least when you think about the non-names. Surely Topps had them sign a bunch at once and isn't talking to them every 6 months or year or whatever (space between sets).
Old 05-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #34 (permalink)

There's gold, red, purple, and plates in Timeless for Coleman, so probably much better odds there with likely 40 available. Maybe the upcoming signature series will have more available?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

Hmm, think I am gonna have to get a box of them, i don't have much from that set anyway. It is fun talking to fellow collectors about this.

Jade, do you only buy items straight up or do you buy packs or boxes?

What are some hits you've gotten?
Old 05-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

I only buy singles. I collect Clara and 12th Doctor cards, so the odds are too long to get what I want buying boxes. One of the good things for me (and bad for breakers/sellers) is that resale values are relatively low for most cards. Many of the 1/1 parallels I have were under $20-$30, and many of the printing plates were a similar price. In general the numbered parallels (reds, blues, purples, etc.) go for a few dollars at most.

Most breakers posting here have only expressed disappointment with their breaks, especially for Extraterrestrial Encounters. I haven't seen anything beyond a 1/1 or a #/5 for the major signers (Doctors, Coleman, Gomez, Corden, Gatiss, even Anthony Head, etc.). Timeless is probably the best bet for decent hits right now. Signature Series will be out next month, and could be good if the good autos aren't too short-printed (but I'd guess they will be).
Old 05-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #37 (permalink)

Jade, I gotta ask did you work out something with the Ebay user that just had a Coleman auto up yesterday? It ended and I bet someone offered a good price. If so, nice!

Yeah, I don't mind getting the nobody autos, it is kind of fun so boxes appeal to me. But I will say it gets less fun when you see the same autos. It has not happened to me yet, but that is def. coming.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Jade, I gotta ask did you work out something with the Ebay user that just had a Coleman auto up yesterday? It ended and I bet someone offered a good price. If so, nice!

Yeah, I don't mind getting the nobody autos, it is kind of fun so boxes appeal to me. But I will say it gets less fun when you see the same autos. It has not happened to me yet, but that is def. coming.

No, I have the gold auto from that set. I might have bid on this one if it stayed up, but it wasn't a high priority. I'm sure you're right about what happened, though.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

Saw that Coleman card went for a cool $250 "Buy it Now."
Old 05-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Saw that Coleman card went for a cool $250 "Buy it Now."
The guy probably undersold it.