Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
Anyone know if there's a way to track achievement progress? I'd be ticked if I was chasing the master set for one of those quads only to find out later I was too late.
Yeah, on that page, it keeps a running tally of what you have out of 221 cards needed.

For the record, the quad autograph has Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton, Charles S. Dutton, and Ron Perlman on it. What a weird grouping.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
Yeah, on that page, it keeps a running tally of what you have out of 221 cards needed.

For the record, the quad autograph has Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton, Charles S. Dutton, and Ron Perlman on it. What a weird grouping.
I knew how to track your own progress, I'm wondering more if you can see how many spots are taken in an achievement. If I see nine are done and I have a ways to go, I'd stop versus sinking money and time in only to not get that special card.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:

I guess UD made the card so that there was one cast member to represent each movie.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
I knew how to track your own progress, I'm wondering more if you can see how many spots are taken in an achievement. If I see nine are done and I have a ways to go, I'd stop versus sinking money and time in only to not get that special card.
Got ya. I would *assume* that UD will subtract from the 10 listed as available as they are redeemed. Doubt anyone knows as it's the only achievement card listed that has a listed quantity available. How much do you trust UD?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Got ya. I would *assume* that UD will subtract from the 10 listed as available as they are redeemed. Doubt anyone knows as it's the only achievement card listed that has a listed quantity available. How much do you trust UD?
How far can I throw UD?
Old 07-22-2016, 03:20 AM   #31 (permalink)

Ashamed to say I like these e-packs. I've bought into it I guess. I didn't get to open any of this stuff tho. Opened 2x boxes and about 15 loose packs.

Hit Harry Dean and Lance auto, 2x duals (including a rarer Bill Paxton one) and a sketch.

I'm wondering tho, are any of you trying to go for these achievements that would like to trade? please lmk.

Btw, pulled this beautiful Charles Hall Sketch!

Last edited by Cujobyte; 07-22-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #32 (permalink)

You will find many traders if you go on the epack site/app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Ashamed to say I like these e-packs. I've bought into it I guess. I didn't get to open any of this stuff tho. Opened 2x boxes and about 15 loose packs.

Hit Harry Dean and Lance auto, 2x duals (including a rarer Bill Paxton one) and a sketch.

I'm wondering tho, are any of you trying to go for these achievements that would like to trade? please lmk.

Btw, pulled this beautiful Charles Hall Sketch!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:09 AM   #33 (permalink)

just bought a pack and got a bill paxton auto
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Someone check my logic here. In order to get the SP3 achievement card, you have to get a complete orange set of cards 1-94.

94 orange cards require 940 red cards. 940 red cards require 9,400 base cards.

With perfect collation, 9,400 base cards at 4 base per pack would require 2,350 packs.

2,350 packs would cost you $14,076.50.

Sound right?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #35 (permalink)

Bought into the hype and grabbed a couple MM packs, nothing special.

EDIT:
Just decided to try two Alien packs, hit a Daniel Kash auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Alien Anthology on Upper Deck epacks-screen-shot-2016-07-22-11.03.33-am.jpg  

Last edited by dd316; 07-22-2016 at 11:05 AM.
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

So does UD send this directly to you? I am not on comc so I wouldn't use them as a middleman
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #37 (permalink)

You do have that option for UD to send them direct. Some day when I get my Ian Holm auto in, I will post it here.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:27 AM   #38 (permalink)

I've been contacting lots of artists from this set and was amazed by the amount of cards produced by them (relative to the rumoured short run cases).
Now, it becomes very clear why the output was so high...
EclipsEtoEvolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Someone check my logic here. In order to get the SP3 achievement card, you have to get a complete orange set of cards 1-94.

94 orange cards require 940 red cards. 940 red cards require 9,400 base cards.

With perfect collation, 9,400 base cards at 4 base per pack would require 2,350 packs.

2,350 packs would cost you $14,076.50.

Sound right?
If you are opening a great deal of packs, you should have inserts you can trade for a ton of base or just buy cheaply on the trading site
Old 07-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #40 (permalink)

Hey Everyone, trying t trade for base and red foils even. Made a thread in the bts section.

Nice hit Ted!!! I'll show my hits when they arrive, I will state I've opened a lot tho lol. Probably 10 boxes worth at this point.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #41 (permalink)

I just hit a printing plate! Any idea on value?

GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #42 (permalink)

Can you get any hits from the daily free packs?
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Can you get any hits from the daily free packs?
If it's like hockey, no, just base.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #44 (permalink)

Not against the whole concept, it's not too bad. They probably need to be upfront that a release's total run will be spread across epack and real boxes etc though...

Not a fan of not being able to get a base set though, as it means base cards are pretty worthless ? If they're trying to limit people doing exchanges for small numbers of real cards of the base, why not say that if you can complete the base set in your Epack collection you can redeem it for a factory base set if you want ? Might even encourage more sales...
Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
I just hit a printing plate! Any idea on value?

There hasn't seemed to be a lot of interest in these on the secondary market. I pulled one back when we used to open boxes at home and it sold after the 3rd 30 day listing for like $25. The most recent plate sold for under $10. Epacks may increase interest in this set and give a boost. Best of luck!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusRam View Post
Not against the whole concept, it's not too bad. They probably need to be upfront that a release's total run will be spread across epack and real boxes etc though...

Not a fan of not being able to get a base set though, as it means base cards are pretty worthless ? If they're trying to limit people doing exchanges for small numbers of real cards of the base, why not say that if you can complete the base set in your Epack collection you can redeem it for a factory base set if you want ? Might even encourage more sales...
Not sure I understand this post. You can get a full base set out fairly easy. In fact, "real" base sets of this might go up because everyone (like me) are trying to turn the base sets into foils lol.

Btw, cannot wait till my hits arrive to show everyone!! My last box and 10 packs were good. The box held a Paxton only, BUT the 10x packs had 2x actor auto's! Was shocked I finally got "lucky" No, no weaver but hitting Lance & another in 10 packs was great IMO. Still searching for the Elusive Weaver.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Not sure I understand this post. You can get a full base set out fairly easy. In fact, "real" base sets of this might go up because everyone (like me) are trying to turn the base sets into foils lol.
Yes, it's easy to collect an electronic base set... but it can't be redeemed for a physical set. So he's saying it's too bad that you can't get a physical base set from e-packs. And to collect 10 electronic base sets in order to turn into a foil base set that can be redeemed is probably beyond most people only opening a box or two.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Yes, it's easy to collect an electronic base set... but it can't be redeemed for a physical set. So he's saying it's too bad that you can't get a physical base set from e-packs. And to collect 10 electronic base sets in order to turn into a foil base set that can be redeemed is probably beyond most people only opening a box or two.
Wow, I wasn't even aware base couldn't be redeemed. Huh. I hadn't tried transferring a set yet. UD should do something about this.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #49 (permalink)

Yeah, base in the Alien set can't be transferred for real cards...so if you pull all base from a pack, you're basically pulling digital only unless you collect enough to go for the red parallels which are transferable. That's why I think you should be able to redeem for a full base set once you collect all the base cards in digital versions. I've stopped buying the Alien set pretty much because there's so little return in them...

Another thing to be wary of - there are cards missing from the Alien base set for some reason... 12, 45, 75, 77, 94 & 98 so not sure what's up there ??
Old 07-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #50 (permalink)

Well, I'm at about 1-2 red foils but I may just give up, getting 10x red foils of each card is quite daunting

Please keep the trading coming my way tho!! Very much appreciate it.