Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nt fb

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2016 Upper Deck MARVEL PREMIER!!?!

SO this was basically My favorite card set maybe ever. I'm Addicted to the sketches and cards. Seemed to be released every other year (and then Marvel Retro on the odd years inbetween)

I can't Find Any info on this and distributors haven't had any word either. I'm just curious as to if Any members her have any info on this. (Know we have several sketch artist as members, didn't know if any of you have leads)?

or Upper Deck - not sure if they are a member.

Anybody know are they making this this year?

thanks
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

2016?!? Seems extremely u likely at this point. Pretty sure the othersame erected all summer releases, like around when 2016 Marvel Masterpieces came out.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

If you check Nar's fb page he mentions getting a whole bunch of extra thick stock cards for an upcoming set and he made a call to arms for all the artists involved to put in work. He wouldn't give any details on the set or company (someone did ask).. but looks like something is in the works from upper deck.
Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand View Post
If you check Nar's fb page he mentions getting a whole bunch of extra thick stock cards for an upcoming set and he made a call to arms for all the artists involved to put in work. He wouldn't give any details on the set or company (someone did ask).. but looks like something is in the works from upper deck.
oh very cool!. thanks for info, your post is more then i could get elsewhere. I really hope UD bring this set back. please post if you hear any more updates. Thanks for posting
Old 08-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Dr. Strange has sketch cards, and is slated for an end of Oct./early Nov. release.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wow terrible auto correct errors on that one

I have been expecting there to be another premier set next year, 2017. I think every 3 years is a really good frequency for these uber premium products. It gives the company ample time to give artists good lead time and it keeps the sets fresh and in demand.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

A UD representative on the epac site mentioned another Marvel release besides Dr. Strange hitting soon, but was so cryptic in his messages I thought it may have been a joke because people were complaining in the chat area for more Marvel releases in epack form.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Forgot about this but, scrolling through posts in the last couple days, there was an artist who posted excitement about being picked to be on Marvel Premier 2017. Looks like next year for sure, then.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Forgot about this but, scrolling through posts in the last couple days, there was an artist who posted excitement about being picked to be on Marvel Premier 2017. Looks like next year for sure, then.
AWESOME! THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR

well ill be saving from now till then. my 6 cases last go around didn't quite suffice i want more. love this stuff
Old 09-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Cool... maybe UD will settle into a schedule of Marvel Premier and Retro in odd years (2017) and Marvel Masterpieces and Gems in even years (2018)... sprinkle in the movie sets and I think the market could handle that (especially since Rittenhouse has exited the Marvel license).
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

I talked to a major artist last night and Marvel is doing another Premier, so save those $$$$. The blank sketch cards are being sent to the artists NOV 2016 and the deadline to have them sent back is May 2017. Just a heads up to those interested.......
Dreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreed View Post
I talked to a major artist last night and Marvel is doing another Premier, so save those $$$$. The blank sketch cards are being sent to the artists NOV 2016 and the deadline to have them sent back is May 2017. Just a heads up to those interested.......
Thanks!

We wait patiently. Without Rittenhouse, UD is our only hope for great Marvel sketches...
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

You might want to get any last month commissions in and complete before NOV....
Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Been a bit since i Bumped this post. Any members come across any Instagrams, Facebook posts or word of mouth rumors as to when we might see this set?
Didn't happen in 2016.
Hope that wheels are in action and we get a release in 2017 (may isn't too far off) I'm craving a sell sheet of some kind
Old 03-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Francois Chartier Instagram....

https://www.instagram.com/fchartier316/

Not actually saying What set these are for, BUT sure does look like New Marvel Premier Panel Sketches. And DAMN do they Look Good! So colorful, scroll down (to the load more) and you can see several, I asked how i could get one and his reply was Id have to wait for the set to come out
LETSGO!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

Melike Acar posted a Thor sketch on a panel cardstock on Instagram and twitter. I asked her if it was for a new Marvel preimer set and she said it is.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default Photos

Someone on another site posted multiple -15-20 photos of quads, pencils, inks , multi card pics from multiple artists that were either complete or in the works but I don't want to post them if its going to cause any waves as they were not sent directly to me....
Old Today, 09:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Someone on another site posted multiple -15-20 photos of quads, pencils, inks , multi card pics from multiple artists that were either complete or in the works but I don't want to post them if its going to cause any waves as they were not sent directly to me....
How about a hint as to what website then?
dave23 is offline   Reply With Quote