Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2016, 01:32 AM   #51 (permalink)

GTS has December 7th as the new release date.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:26 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifi Cards View Post
GTS has December 7th as the new release date.
That's around the time the Dr. Strange epacks will hit. I am prob not going to touch Gems until the Epacks hit 6 weeks or so after physical release. Based on MMJusko, the price of base really went down once epacks hit. Outside of unique sketches and plates it's best to wait for the epack flood to hit if you want to collect base and parallels.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
That's around the time the Dr. Strange epacks will hit. I am prob not going to touch Gems until the Epacks hit 6 weeks or so after physical release. Based on MMJusko, the price of base really went down once epacks hit. Outside of unique sketches and plates it's best to wait for the epack flood to hit if you want to collect base and parallels.
Yea I think the ease of trading plays a big role in that, not as many people sitting on bits and pieces of base cards that they cbf trading/selling, effectively taking them out of the market when the product is physical only. The encouragement to trade to finish sets by giving an achievement card helps as well.
Xazark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
Yea I think the ease of trading plays a big role in that, not as many people sitting on bits and pieces of base cards that they cbf trading/selling, effectively taking them out of the market when the product is physical only. The encouragement to trade to finish sets by giving an achievement card helps as well.
Trading is definitely a HUGE draw to the epack format. I completed 2 trades last week which is pretty close to the total number of trades I previously completed in 8+ years of collecting. I would love the hobby to go 100% E pack. Another cool feature of epacks is that it takes away the guessing game of which artist did a sketch. I love the format!
Old 11-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Trading is definitely a HUGE draw to the epack format. I completed 2 trades last week which is pretty close to the total number of trades I previously completed in 8+ years of collecting. I would love the hobby to go 100% E pack. Another cool feature of epacks is that it takes away the guessing game of which artist did a sketch. I love the format!
Same, I am a very big fan, however I am not a fan of digital only cards. Paying real money for a jpg of a card does nothing for me and I have no interest in doing so. The mobile apps (Walking Dead, Star Wars, Slam) went money hungry very quickly and based on the Cap America set and the sounds of the Doctor Strange set, both of which seem low odds/high cost for anything of value I am concerned that you will see more sets going this path, of having to trade up a heap of worthless base to get an equally worthless base physical card.

I think that MM was the perfect type of release for ePacks, every card was a real, physical card and the fact they sold out completely within about a month of being released shows how successful the card market thought it was - this was also a time when most of the people did not know what epacks even was and a lot were hesitant to join, thinking that you would only get digital cards. I really hope there are more series like this.
Xazark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #56 (permalink)

Distributor called today and confirmed the 7th release. UD direct pricing on this is $131.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #57 (permalink)

Looks like Joe Jusko has sketches in this set. Happy hunting!

2016 Upper Deck Marvel Gems: The Ladies of Marvel (Sketch Cards) | Upper Deck Blog
Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #58 (permalink)

Man no one is talking about this at all...wonder why? Everyone just focused on Star Wars stuff or Christmas shopping?
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Man no one is talking about this at all...wonder why? Everyone just focused on Star Wars stuff or Christmas shopping?
-poor timing for release
-thematically vague
-collector fatigue, assuming significant overlap with SW collector base
-poor value for money
-lack of PR/hype

those are my suggested reasons.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Distributor called today and confirmed the 7th release. UD direct pricing on this is $131.
There's been a sketch on the Bay for a couple of days already

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Upper-D...MAAOSwcUBYRj9p

Last edited by R2mi; 12-06-2016 at 03:51 PM.
R2mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #61 (permalink)

I'm on this set, as I drew 48 cards for the set:

https://www.facebook.com/Rich.Moline...type=3&theater
Old 12-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:

This appears to be UD attempting to fill the void of a Dangerous Divas 3 since Rittenhouse lost the Marvel license. Basically Dangerous Divas with higher quality base and parallels. UD also appears to be upping the sketch card quality after listening to fan feedback. I will probably pick this up in epack format, but avoid the physical release like the plague. Too expensive and you can't trade stuff as easily as you can within the epack marketplace. epacks = more bang for your buck because you can easily trade for what you want. Less dollars wasted.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #63 (permalink)

All I know is that it's the first time in, probably, about 2 years I've started tracking down artists for an AP in anything other than a Perna set. Got a couple locked down already.

This is a giant step back in the right direction. Top stuff like this for the next Marvel Premier set, and we'll be a lot closer to where we need to be.

2016 Upper Deck Marvel Gems: The Ladies of Marvel (Sketch Cards) | Upper Deck Blog
Old 12-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
All I know is that it's the first time in, probably, about 2 years I've started tracking down artists for an AP in anything other than a Perna set. Got a couple locked down already.

This is a giant step back in the right direction. Top stuff like this for the next Marvel Premier set, and we'll be a lot closer to where we need to be.

Those really are beautiful sketches in the previews!!! Of course, that often happens with teaser previews, and then the actual release is chockful of sketches from people whose parents should have encouraged them to pursue math and not art.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2mi View Post
There's been a sketch on the Bay for a couple of days already

2016 Upper Deck Marvel Gems ENCHANTRESS Sketch Card - Ryan Van Der Draaij 1/1 | eBay
That seller has a bunch of other cards from the set too
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
That seller has a bunch of other cards from the set too
Yup, including a bunch of base... street release is tomorrow (per message on epack forums).

Old 12-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

This set doesn't do it for me. Is this targeted to females or pervs?

The exquisite subset is a good set in its own right without the emma collection. An exclusive ariel Olivetti stand alone set would've tooken my money, here as a rare insert with n+1 parallels and ridiculous pricing point, im out.
nowuseeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #68 (permalink)

I'm all for an all female set, I enjoyed the DD2 and WOM2 sets but holy #@#@#@#@ are you kidding me? $170 a box?! 4 sketch cards per case?! haha no thanks, I'll be picking up a few singles and hopefully a few sketch cards if they're reasonable but that's it. What a joke!
bpack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Yeah, the cost on this was way too high. I believe it was $120s direct from UD. Should have been in the $70s
Old 12-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #70 (permalink)

We'll just come back this time next year talking about how we got it for $55 per box on Black Fri specials lol
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
We'll just come back this time next year talking about how we got it for $55 per box on Black Fri specials lol
will probably still be on E Pack Black Friday special next year too!
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Yeah, the cost on this was way too high. I believe it was $120s direct from UD. Should have been in the $70s
Yea I just saw what the box breakdown is.
5 cards? Yea safe to say this is overpriced.
Just looked on ebay and not a single sale yet (minus a pretty awesome Thor sketch)

I can't imagine someone going for a base set of this considering you get two base per box (out of the 5) and one of those might be a parallel. that takes away a market.

Alot of the inserts look good The Diamond Mine and Exquisite the Gem-Balaya and gem crystals.
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
Yea I just saw what the box breakdown is.
5 cards? Yea safe to say this is overpriced.
Just looked on ebay and not a single sale yet (minus a pretty awesome Thor sketch)

I can't imagine someone going for a base set of this considering you get two base per box (out of the 5) and one of those might be a parallel. that takes away a market.

Alot of the inserts look good The Diamond Mine and Exquisite the Gem-Balaya and gem crystals.
People hunted for Premier base sets, and it was a similar situation.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #74 (permalink)

The look of the set is top notch, that price point isn't. Still, who knows how this'll go. I remember a ton of skepticism around Fleer Retro and those ended up doing really well. Not quite the same here, but this could work out to be okay in the long run.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

The set looks nice. I probably won't be picking any up (aside from an ePack or 5 out of curiosity/addiction to the ePack format). Did anyone sneak Rocket Racoon into a sketch card?