Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

If they are only distributed with underwear, that would be a he'll of a set to own
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
If they are in Women's hanes underwear, there are going to be some pack searchers looking really creepy.
lol right??
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Upper Deck

Hey Guys,

We partnered up with Hanes to bring you a Guardians of the Galaxy Bonus pack with purchase of Hanes products. You can find these at your local Wal-Mart. These packs will have some exclusive content that you won't be able to find in the standard retail or hobby boxes. You should keep an eye out for the displays!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-hanes_ud_gotg.jpg   Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-hanes_ud_gotg_2.jpg  
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

^^^^^Yea, that's the one I was talking about
Old 03-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

That is beyond random. Guardians+Underwear+Trading cards=Profit? Is this the formula the gnomes were looking for?
PrestigeWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
Hey Guys,

We partnered up with Hanes to bring you a Guardians of the Galaxy Bonus pack with purchase of Hanes products. You can find these at your local Wal-Mart. These packs will have some exclusive content that you won't be able to find in the standard retail or hobby boxes. You should keep an eye out for the displays!!
Can you say which cards are exclusive to these Hanes packs? Is it the auto and/or memorabilia cards? Or are other cards the exclusives (e.g. the silver foil cards... an example of which appears upthread). Thanks!
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Was about to post the pic of the displays myself.

May grab a package of shirts but from a collector perspective, this was a stupid idea on UDs part. So many of those packs are going to get tossed by people who buy the underwear and shirts because even with the packaging saying it most will overlook it. Many that do notice will just give it to their kid and if an autograph/relic is in there well here's hoping the kid knows just what they opened.

Also no person in their right mind is going to spend $14.98 (price of pack of shirts, not sure what price point of the underwear is) constantly in order to grab these cards at 1 pack per package. You'll get one maybe 2 purchases from people that have interest. The cost far outweighs the reward.

One would figure the UD rep would give us more info than what was just provided though....Like "What exactly can be found in these".
MOST WANTED:2015 Undisputed Purple Brie Bella Base Auto /25

Last edited by AceGambit3; 03-09-2017 at 08:30 PM.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Yeah I'm not feeling this idea at all. Something tells me with the price point that these packs will be stolen in droves. Especially if the packs are easy to get at.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

My gf just texted me from Walmart, and they had the display. So, I will be opening one pack... and getting 6 new pairs of underwear to boot! lol

In regard to the promo, I guess it could possibly get more people into the hobby. The Hanes exclusive cards (if there are a ton to collect) might be tough to find going forward.... I know the X/10 pink parallels in the GotG vol. 1 retail packs were tough to find.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Yeah I'm not feeling this idea at all. Something tells me with the price point that these packs will be stolen in droves. Especially if the packs are easy to get at.
Probably will be a lot stolen but I'm sure there will be very large amounts purchased and then returned with the cards missing. Be sure to look close before going to checkout. Last year when Topps had the marketplace pizza baseball card promo it was very hard to find packages at my local stores that still contained the card pack. I usually had to ask someone to bring some out from the cooler.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Probably will be a lot stolen but I'm sure there will be very large amounts purchased and then returned with the cards missing. Be sure to look close before going to checkout. Last year when Topps had the marketplace pizza baseball card promo it was very hard to find packages at my local stores that still contained the card pack. I usually had to ask someone to bring some out from the cooler.
I think more likely to be stolen. Awkward to return open underwear, and I doubt they have security tags in them.

The cards are free, not $15/pack. It's a promotion for the underwear, not the cards. Chill. Even at $1/pack, nobody is chasing a 1:10,000 autograph when they will fall 2/case in the hobby product.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
nobody is chasing a 1:10,000 autograph ....
Says you!

60,000 pairs of underwear will last me ... carry the one ... ummm.... 6,000 lifetimes!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Says you!

60,000 pairs of underwear will last me ... carry the one ... ummm.... 6,000 lifetimes!
And you'll never have to wash your dirty underwear again
Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

I think this is the type of advertisement that is mutually beneficial.

Some people will be like me. I could use some new underwear, was putting it off and would have just bought whatever was cheapest while I was out. Instead I said eh let me grab the Hanes and see what the cards are about (that is a win for Hanes).

Other people may need underwear and grab the Hanes, see the cards they never would have bought otherwise, and like them enough to buy some actual packs (that is a win for UD).

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is what the cards look like for the record and got a free movie rental to boot.
floridavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

I'm going for the full set...

- Crew neck with all parallels (white, black, grey)
- V-neck with all parallels (white, black, grey)
- Briefs with all parallels (white, black, grey, +unannounced color variations)
- Boxers with all parallels (white, black, grey, +unannounced color variations)
- Event used

Who wants to trade?
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
- Event used

Who wants to trade?
I have an extra /99 post 3AM Taco Bell 5 burrito night bender. Looking for the /49 accidentally washed with the red sweaters pink variation.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
I have an extra /99 post 3AM Taco Bell 5 burrito night bender. Looking for the /49 accidentally washed with the red sweaters pink variation.
I have extras of that variant. Thought it was /499.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #43 (permalink)

We're going to WalMart later, and I'm going to check for these. if anyone gets a nice card from this promotion, however, you may want to refrain from titling your thread, "Hey guys, check out the big hit I just pulled from my underwear!" so as to avoid giving the wrong impression.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Here is my one pack. I really like the silver foils on this set, and it looks like Groot and Rocket Raccoon are going to be heavily represented.

The top left Groot*** is card CC-5, and WP-32 to the right.

The foil RR is WP-9 and WP-19 to the right.

*** rotate the image 90 degrees to the right in your head... I am too lazy to fix it!
Attached Thumbnails
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-image1-480x640-.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #45 (permalink)

Ok, it's $14.98 (+tax) for either 6 white T-shirts (with a bonus "Performance Cool" thin material tee-shirt, miscellaneous colors, so 7 total shirts) or else the same with boxer briefs (no tighty-whiteys, sorry to say, and nothing at all for ladies, a shame, since my girlfriend would've bought one and given me the pack).

The card pack is visible but taped in there pretty well, so there shouldn't be too much in the way of shenanigans with these. The problem with these is the same with all card promotions that are included with items not normally associated with trading cards: plenty of these packs will be thrown, unopened, directly into the trash with the shirt/shorts wrapper, or else given to young kids who have no idea what they are, and are shortly after destroyed. Hopefully not too many of the Stan Lee/actor autographs and relic cards will meet that fate.

I went with the shirts. My card pack had:
WP-35 Groot
WP-45 Rocket
WP-45 Rocket (Foil)
CO-11 Gamora (Foil, but different than the Rocket above. It's not quite a hologram but reminds me of the holograms from the Marvel Beginnings sets. "CO" stands for Character Origins, I think.).
Old 03-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #46 (permalink)

They didn't have the full promo stand at my location, but found them in the Hanes section.
It seems there's a theme to each pack?
I got the Star Lord one
Attached Thumbnails
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-untitled-1.jpg  
Harow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harow View Post
They didn't have the full promo stand at my location, but found them in the Hanes section.
It seems there's a theme to each pack?
I got the Star Lord one
What's the card number of the diecut group card at the bottom of your photo?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
The card pack is visible but taped in there pretty well, so there shouldn't be too much in the way of shenanigans with these. The problem with these is the same with all card promotions that are included with items not normally associated with trading cards: plenty of these packs will be thrown, unopened, directly into the trash with the shirt/shorts wrapper, or else given to young kids who have no idea what they are, and are shortly after destroyed. Hopefully not too many of the Stan Lee/actor autographs and relic cards will meet that fate.
This is the problem happen with a past release from Upper Deck. I try to found them via people who get the cards in a specific promotion, but either they have trow the cards in the garbage, give them to kids, don't bother to respond or not interested to sale them to a collector

Those sets are impossible to be completed. Please Upper Deck change your strategy in the retail side.

Last edited by Archifou; 03-11-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Archifou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
What's the card number of the diecut group card at the bottom of your photo?
That's DC-01 Star Lord card
Harow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harow View Post
That's DC-01 Star Lord card
Thanks.

Overall, I think this set is a HUGE step above the first retail release. I like the wide variety of character cards, whereas the first series had a lot more random scene images from the movie that for the most part didn't stand out.

It will be interesting to see how many variations of cards there will be for this set between Hanes, retail, hobby, and possibly epack. It might be nearly impossible to get rainbows of many of these cards... especially if some of the cards are low printed and only available through the Hanes promo.