Blowout Cards Forums
cowboys (2016 FB)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post

The top left Groot*** is card CC-5, and WP-32 to the right.
So "CC" probably stands for Character Card.
I do think my Gamora "CO" stands for Character Origins.
(I'll get a scan of that here shortly)
Obviously, the Star-Lord "DC" shown stands for Die-Cut.
There's at least 3 chase sets there. I wonder if any of them are exclusive to these packs.
The highest WP base card so far is #47, so there's at least that many in the base set, probably 50 in all. "WP" could stand for WalMart Premium or WalMart Promo.

I might get one more pack while these are available, but that'll likely be it for me.

Last edited by jdandns; 03-12-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: New info
jdandns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #52 (permalink)

Went to walmart. Quickly remembered why I don't go to walmart. And no packs =/
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #53 (permalink)

Walking into a Walmart is never pleasant, but maybe these are worth it.
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I'm going for the full set...

- Crew neck with all parallels (white, black, grey)
- V-neck with all parallels (white, black, grey)
- Briefs with all parallels (white, black, grey, +unannounced color variations)
- Boxers with all parallels (white, black, grey, +unannounced color variations)
- Event used

Who wants to trade?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #55 (permalink)

Event used boxers...hmmmmmm!
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:09 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
So "CC" probably stands for Character Card.
I do think my Gamora "CO" stands for Character Origins.
(I'll get a scan of that here shortly)
Obviously, the Star-Lord "DC" shown stands for Die-Cut.
There's at least 3 chase sets there. I wonder if any of them are exclusive to these packs.
The highest WP base card so far is #45, so there's at least that many in the base set. "WP" could stand for WalMart Premium or WalMart Promo.

I might get one more pack while these are available, but that'll likely be it for me.
My WP base card (the one that shows Star Lord, Gamora and Draxx) is numbered 47, so potentially 50 cards in my opinion
Harow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #57 (permalink)

I did manage to find these at a different Walmart this morning, and picked up a few packs of t-shirts as I needed them anyway. I really like the cards and would LOVE to put a set together, but I'm not sure how much sense that makes economically unless I can find another way to get them.

I did pull base cards WP-48 and WP-50, so the set goes up to 50 at least. At 2/pack, that is 50 packs with perfect luck just to complete the base set.

I sadly pulled duplicates of a sweet Rocket Racoon base card, but FFF already pulled the same one.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I did manage to find these at a different Walmart this morning, and picked up a few packs of t-shirts as I needed them anyway. I really like the cards and would LOVE to put a set together, but I'm not sure how much sense that makes economically unless I can find another way to get them.

I did pull base cards WP-48 and WP-50, so the set goes up to 50 at least. At 2/pack, that is 50 packs with perfect luck just to complete the base set.

I sadly pulled duplicates of a sweet Rocket Racoon base card, but FFF already pulled the same one.
Hence the need to actually trading the cards, no?
Harow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harow View Post
Hence the need to actually trading the cards, no?
Easier said than done, and also not very economical unless you happen to find just 2 or 3 people that can trade you big chunks of what you need for your collection. I've tried trading a lot over the years, with very little success. When it comes to base and basic inserts, it would usually have been cheaper to buy on ebay and sell my extras there.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Easier said than done, and also not very economical unless you happen to find just 2 or 3 people that can trade you big chunks of what you need for your collection. I've tried trading a lot over the years, with very little success. When it comes to base and basic inserts, it would usually have been cheaper to buy on ebay and sell my extras there.
That's one great thing about epacks is that you can trade physical cards back and forth several times without incurring shipping charges that would make it costly to trade through the mail (until you cash out cards). I can't wait until this set hits epack.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #61 (permalink)

none in my walmart here in San Diego. Anyone got the SKU number of the product with the cards in it? couldnt find any online. maybe brickseek can help me/us
killerkadoogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkadoogen View Post
none in my walmart here in San Diego. Anyone got the SKU number of the product with the cards in it? couldnt find any online. maybe brickseek can help me/us
I will pull the sku when I get home, but my guess is it is the same as the package without cards. The cards are essentially taped around the underwear package. Walmart.com has a similar package, but no indication that it comes with GotG cards.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Here is the sku
Attached Thumbnails
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-img_5996.jpg  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:

Post scans of your haul. Did you pick up any of the CC subset?

Old 03-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #65 (permalink)

Incidentally, an active auction for 2 packs of these (just the CARDS, not the boxers) that is ending tonight is going for $23.50 with 2 hours to go.

Upper Deck Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 cinematic universe cards | eBay

So there actually might be some room to flip these and donate the boxers/undershirts to a homeless shelter and/or church.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Incidentally, an active auction for 2 packs of these (just the CARDS, not the boxers) that is ending tonight is going for $23.50 with 2 hours to go.

Upper Deck Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 cinematic universe cards | eBay

So there actually might be some room to flip these and donate the boxers/undershirts to a homeless shelter and/or church.
This is fairly surprising, imo.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
The bidding is shady as hell, and the person bidding it up has a lot of activity with this seller PLUS 6 retractions in the last 6 months. I haven't retracted a bid in 15+ years of using ebay, so that raises a red flag to me.

Now, I think there probably IS money to be made flipping these because you can easily remove the card packs without opening the pack of underwear. Its taped to the outside of the package, and can easily be removed with a knife. You could remove the packs and return the underwear for a full refund, or more honestly sell both the packs and the underwear separately.

The display at the Walmart I went to was already half empty, and displays like this are typically a one shot deal without no refills or replacements.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Especially since we don't know how many of these cards will be common to the inevitable retail and hobby releases in a month.

Its possible to just chalk this up to a seller hitting eBay at the right time given the fact the promo has been out a week+ in Walmart, and there still isn't much up on eBay. It's likely prices will fall as more hit eBay.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

I picked up a pack of shirts and got these.

WP-44, CC-5, WP-31, and WP-31 in foil.

It's an interesting promotion, but if I were collecting, I wouldn't be very happy with the daunting task of putting a set together. That being said, I'll send these 4 to anyone in the US for the heck of it. First come first served. Respond to me here first so others know they're claimed and then shoot me a PM with your address.
BlueForTheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForTheVirus View Post
I picked up a pack of shirts and got these.

WP-44, CC-5, WP-31, and WP-31 in foil.

It's an interesting promotion, but if I were collecting, I wouldn't be very happy with the daunting task of putting a set together. That being said, I'll send these 4 to anyone in the US for the heck of it. First come first served. Respond to me here first so others know they're claimed and then shoot me a PM with your address.
Me! Thanks!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #71 (permalink)

You're welcome, finfangfan. Happy to help.
BlueForTheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 PM   #72 (permalink)

Here's the contents of the only pack I've got so far (mentioned above):
Old 03-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #73 (permalink)

I really love the look of these cards.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #74 (permalink)

Nm ........
Peasofcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #75 (permalink)

2 packs. I guess these are the inserts? Very nice looking cards though. Even the base looks great.

Are there variations in foil patterns or are patterns standard?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote