Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

The only hope for this release are character collectors. With all the patterns and parallels they will have their work cut out for them. If they sit this one out prices will drop. The last release I think did really well because it was the first time FA characters had parallels (base Rey was a $20 card for a while) and was also a new concept. Base cards do look really nice.

Are sketch cards completely removed from this release?
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #27 (permalink)

Cancelled my order today based on Topps changing from their sell sheet.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Smart move. Despite Ridley and Driver being on card with one auto (hit) a box I think the odds are just not worth it and I think prices will drop
Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I just emailed to see if I can cancel my box I ordered as well.

Also sell sheets never showed sketches this time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Staying away from this completely. Making my stand against Topps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

What image are they going to use of Emperor Palpatine for the Sam Witwer autograph card? On screen, he has only ever portrayed the Emperor as a disembodied voice transmission on Rebels. He did also voice the Emperor in The Force Unleashed video game, but I doubt they would use an image from the game.
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
What image are they going to use of Emperor Palpatine for the Sam Witwer autograph card? On screen, he has only ever portrayed the Emperor as a disembodied voice transmission on Rebels. He did also voice the Emperor in The Force Unleashed video game, but I doubt they would use an image from the game.
This one from Clone Wars maybe?
https://jmstevenson.files.wordpress....-palpatine.jpg

I could also have sworn we've seen him with his black robe and hood up.

The real question is where they will get a 2nd Aurra Sing full body photo haha. I'm pissed at the amount of repeat characters in this and masterwork.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
This one from Clone Wars maybe?
https://jmstevenson.files.wordpress....-palpatine.jpg

I could also have sworn we've seen him with his black robe and hood up.

The real question is where they will get a 2nd Aurra Sing full body photo haha. I'm pissed at the amount of repeat characters in this and masterwork.
But the Clone Wars Palpatine was voiced by Ian Abercrombie (until his death, then he was voiced by Tim Curry).
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suplexcity View Post
and it happens

Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

https://www.topps.com/blog/swhightek16/
And Tek is officially ruined.

Seems to be the pattern from these companies. A really nice release one year is totally f**ked up the following year. Adding more colors and parallels is one thing... sticker autos on an acetate card is unacceptable.

I'd Love a Daisy Ridley Tek auto... but so far she hasnt added her last name.. if she does in Tek... I'll seriously consider picking up one of her autographs. If not... I'll likely look for a photo variation if they do one of her and call it quits on Tek for 2016.

Maybe this will increase demand for 2015.
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #35 (permalink)

Masterwork... I passed. This year's High-Tek.... Pass. Don't buy this junk guys! Sticker Autos on acetate is absurd. I liked 2015 High Tek, bought more than I should have of it and put a complete set together, totally breaking my budget. Was looking forward to Tek '16 with the Episode VII signers but forget it. I'm so done with Topps.

Goodbye Topps. I collect both non-sports and sports, and I will no longer spend a single penny on your wax. One guy isn't going to change the world, but I'll take my $3,000 a year and do something else with it.

Maybe Star Wars collectible statues. Maybe RealFX lightsabers, Funko Pops or Lego sets. But not your every month, crappy auto list, overpriced card boxes ever again.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #36 (permalink)

2016 Star Wars High Tek is 10/10 nopes.

Guess that means I'm done with Topps.
1992UDFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992UDFootball View Post
2016 Star Wars High Tek is 10/10 nopes.

Guess that means I'm done with Topps.

Are you a sports guy who flips or Star Wars collector?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you a sports guy who flips or Star Wars collector?

Collector that sells what they don't PC? Why?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Collector that sells what they don't PC? Why?
Just curious since there's a lot of sports flippers dropping out now and your username haha.

Less sports flippers will mean less orders and less production for better value

Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Just curious since there's a lot of sports flippers dropping out now and your username haha.

Less sports flippers will mean less orders and less production for better value

I gotcha, hell maybe Topps will get it together and provide a better Tek next year. I really like the High Tek product, but sticker autos? Eeeeurgh. Been thinking about grabbing some more of the 2015 SW as well as the ridiculously cheap football Tek.

Username is from the first real card product I can remember really interesting me, I can see how that could stand out in the nonsport part of the forums. Couldn't think of anything else when I recently joined.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I gotcha, hell maybe Topps will get it together and provide a better Tek next year. I really like the High Tek product, but sticker autos? Eeeeurgh. Been thinking about grabbing some more of the 2015 SW as well as the ridiculously cheap football Tek.

Username is from the first real card product I can remember really interesting me, I can see how that could stand out in the nonsport part of the forums. Couldn't think of anything else when I recently joined.
Topps mentioned a Masterwork 2017 in their Q&A yesterday. Personally, I'd rather they hold off til 2018 so we can get Episode 8 cards in it, not just the addition of Rogue One where we will have 15 cards out of 75 for them adn then the rest as OT/PT again.

I also lucked out and SolarFly let me cancel my box as long as I moved the money into another product. Debating between Rogue 1 and GF Reborn.

Rogue One should have only principal cast for signers, but GF Reborn will have new character autos and sketches, so it's a toss-up.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Topps just announced that more than 50 signers are ON CARD. First-time signers include Mark Silk (Aks Moe), Tosin Cole (Lt. Bastian), Christina Tosin Cole Tek 2daSilva (Rabé) and Julie Dolan (voice of Princess Leia in Star Wars Rebels). Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

Blueleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Topps just announced that more than 50 signers are ON CARD. First-time signers include Mark Silk (Aks Moe), Tosin Cole (Lt. Bastian), Christina Tosin Cole Tek 2daSilva (Rabé) and Julie Dolan (voice of Princess Leia in Star Wars Rebels). Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

Yeah we found that out yesterday. No bueno.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

For $65 a box (or less) I don't think this looks so terrible. Don't like sticker autos? If you pull one throw it up on Ebay, there will be someone who does want it since they're key characters.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
For $65 a box (or less) I don't think this looks so terrible. Don't like sticker autos? If you pull one throw it up on Ebay, there will be someone who does want it since they're key characters.

Yeah not a bad price but more than I'd want to pay knowing it will drop in price after a week.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #46 (permalink)

On this, for more than any other SW product, it will all depend on how much is produced. Tek is more about set building and variations than anything else. The autos and sketches were not what drove box prices up on last years issue it was the black, red, and pattern 5 cards that everyone was chasing.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

Is it confirmed there are no sketches in this product?
swjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjunkie View Post
Is it confirmed there are no sketches in this product?
Considerign the sell sheet doesn't mention them at all, I doubt TOPPS would actually ADD something to a product haha.

Pretty sure the next sketches are for R1.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
On this, for more than any other SW product, it will all depend on how much is produced. Tek is more about set building and variations than anything else. The autos and sketches were not what drove box prices up on last years issue it was the black, red, and pattern 5 cards that everyone was chasing.
Agree.
Collecting the parallels and patterns of fav characters were a lot of fun.
Was also wild seeing the prices of Rey cards skyrocket after release.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Don't forget the short print variants too - they were excellent, and the sell sheet info refers to there being more in Tek 2.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote