Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 1,584
Default

The only hope for this release are character collectors. With all the patterns and parallels they will have their work cut out for them. If they sit this one out prices will drop. The last release I think did really well because it was the first time FA characters had parallels (base Rey was a $20 card for a while) and was also a new concept. Base cards do look really nice.

Are sketch cards completely removed from this release?
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,161
Default

Cancelled my order today based on Topps changing from their sell sheet.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Cancelled my order today based on Topps changing from their sell sheet.
Smart move. Despite Ridley and Driver being on card with one auto (hit) a box I think the odds are just not worth it and I think prices will drop
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Cancelled my order today based on Topps changing from their sell sheet.
I just emailed to see if I can cancel my box I ordered as well.

Also sell sheets never showed sketches this time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 754
Default

Staying away from this completely. Making my stand against Topps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Dewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,100
Default

What image are they going to use of Emperor Palpatine for the Sam Witwer autograph card? On screen, he has only ever portrayed the Emperor as a disembodied voice transmission on Rebels. He did also voice the Emperor in The Force Unleashed video game, but I doubt they would use an image from the game.
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
What image are they going to use of Emperor Palpatine for the Sam Witwer autograph card? On screen, he has only ever portrayed the Emperor as a disembodied voice transmission on Rebels. He did also voice the Emperor in The Force Unleashed video game, but I doubt they would use an image from the game.
This one from Clone Wars maybe?
https://jmstevenson.files.wordpress....-palpatine.jpg

I could also have sworn we've seen him with his black robe and hood up.

The real question is where they will get a 2nd Aurra Sing full body photo haha. I'm pissed at the amount of repeat characters in this and masterwork.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Dewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
This one from Clone Wars maybe?
https://jmstevenson.files.wordpress....-palpatine.jpg

I could also have sworn we've seen him with his black robe and hood up.

The real question is where they will get a 2nd Aurra Sing full body photo haha. I'm pissed at the amount of repeat characters in this and masterwork.
But the Clone Wars Palpatine was voiced by Ian Abercrombie (until his death, then he was voiced by Tim Curry).
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Ferg1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suplexcity View Post
and it happens

Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

https://www.topps.com/blog/swhightek16/
And Tek is officially ruined.

Seems to be the pattern from these companies. A really nice release one year is totally f**ked up the following year. Adding more colors and parallels is one thing... sticker autos on an acetate card is unacceptable.

I'd Love a Daisy Ridley Tek auto... but so far she hasnt added her last name.. if she does in Tek... I'll seriously consider picking up one of her autographs. If not... I'll likely look for a photo variation if they do one of her and call it quits on Tek for 2016.

Maybe this will increase demand for 2015.
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Jaysabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greater Philadelphia Area
Posts: 795
Default

Masterwork... I passed. This year's High-Tek.... Pass. Don't buy this junk guys! Sticker Autos on acetate is absurd. I liked 2015 High Tek, bought more than I should have of it and put a complete set together, totally breaking my budget. Was looking forward to Tek '16 with the Episode VII signers but forget it. I'm so done with Topps.

Goodbye Topps. I collect both non-sports and sports, and I will no longer spend a single penny on your wax. One guy isn't going to change the world, but I'll take my $3,000 a year and do something else with it.

Maybe Star Wars collectible statues. Maybe RealFX lightsabers, Funko Pops or Lego sets. But not your every month, crappy auto list, overpriced card boxes ever again.
Jaysabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Default

2016 Star Wars High Tek is 10/10 nopes.

Guess that means I'm done with Topps.
1992UDFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992UDFootball View Post
2016 Star Wars High Tek is 10/10 nopes.

Guess that means I'm done with Topps.


Are you a sports guy who flips or Star Wars collector?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Are you a sports guy who flips or Star Wars collector?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Collector that sells what they don't PC? Why?
1992UDFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992UDFootball View Post
Collector that sells what they don't PC? Why?
Just curious since there's a lot of sports flippers dropping out now and your username haha.

Less sports flippers will mean less orders and less production for better value

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Just curious since there's a lot of sports flippers dropping out now and your username haha.

Less sports flippers will mean less orders and less production for better value

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
I gotcha, hell maybe Topps will get it together and provide a better Tek next year. I really like the High Tek product, but sticker autos? Eeeeurgh. Been thinking about grabbing some more of the 2015 SW as well as the ridiculously cheap football Tek.

Username is from the first real card product I can remember really interesting me, I can see how that could stand out in the nonsport part of the forums. Couldn't think of anything else when I recently joined.
1992UDFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992UDFootball View Post
I gotcha, hell maybe Topps will get it together and provide a better Tek next year. I really like the High Tek product, but sticker autos? Eeeeurgh. Been thinking about grabbing some more of the 2015 SW as well as the ridiculously cheap football Tek.

Username is from the first real card product I can remember really interesting me, I can see how that could stand out in the nonsport part of the forums. Couldn't think of anything else when I recently joined.
Topps mentioned a Masterwork 2017 in their Q&A yesterday. Personally, I'd rather they hold off til 2018 so we can get Episode 8 cards in it, not just the addition of Rogue One where we will have 15 cards out of 75 for them adn then the rest as OT/PT again.


I also lucked out and SolarFly let me cancel my box as long as I moved the money into another product. Debating between Rogue 1 and GF Reborn.

Rogue One should have only principal cast for signers, but GF Reborn will have new character autos and sketches, so it's a toss-up.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Blueleader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 215
Default

Topps just announced that more than 50 signers are ON CARD. First-time signers include Mark Silk (Aks Moe), Tosin Cole (Lt. Bastian), Christina Tosin Cole Tek 2daSilva (Rabé) and Julie Dolan (voice of Princess Leia in Star Wars Rebels). Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

https://www.topps.com/blog/swhightek16/
Blueleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Topps just announced that more than 50 signers are ON CARD. First-time signers include Mark Silk (Aks Moe), Tosin Cole (Lt. Bastian), Christina Tosin Cole Tek 2daSilva (Rabé) and Julie Dolan (voice of Princess Leia in Star Wars Rebels). Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

https://www.topps.com/blog/swhightek16/


Yeah we found that out yesterday. No bueno.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,570
Default

For $65 a box (or less) I don't think this looks so terrible. Don't like sticker autos? If you pull one throw it up on Ebay, there will be someone who does want it since they're key characters.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
For $65 a box (or less) I don't think this looks so terrible. Don't like sticker autos? If you pull one throw it up on Ebay, there will be someone who does want it since they're key characters.


Yeah not a bad price but more than I'd want to pay knowing it will drop in price after a week.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,756
Default

On this, for more than any other SW product, it will all depend on how much is produced. Tek is more about set building and variations than anything else. The autos and sketches were not what drove box prices up on last years issue it was the black, red, and pattern 5 cards that everyone was chasing.
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Default

Is it confirmed there are no sketches in this product?
swjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjunkie View Post
Is it confirmed there are no sketches in this product?
Considerign the sell sheet doesn't mention them at all, I doubt TOPPS would actually ADD something to a product haha.

Pretty sure the next sketches are for R1.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
On this, for more than any other SW product, it will all depend on how much is produced. Tek is more about set building and variations than anything else. The autos and sketches were not what drove box prices up on last years issue it was the black, red, and pattern 5 cards that everyone was chasing.
Agree.
Collecting the parallels and patterns of fav characters were a lot of fun.
Was also wild seeing the prices of Rey cards skyrocket after release.
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
On this, for more than any other SW product, it will all depend on how much is produced. Tek is more about set building and variations than anything else. The autos and sketches were not what drove box prices up on last years issue it was the black, red, and pattern 5 cards that everyone was chasing.
Don't forget the short print variants too - they were excellent, and the sell sheet info refers to there being more in Tek 2.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2016, high tek, star wars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.