Blowout Cards Forums
13/14 bk Gianninis

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #51 (permalink)

From the sell sheet: "WILL YOU BE THE COLLECTOR WHO CRACKS THE HIGH TEK RARITY CODE?"

Aka will you be the first to break multiple cases? lol

Also, I don't see where it shows more short print variations, just more parallels.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
From the sell sheet: "WILL YOU BE THE COLLECTOR WHO CRACKS THE HIGH TEK RARITY CODE?"

Aka will you be the first to break multiple cases? lol

Also, I don't see where it shows more short print variations, just more parallels.
Last page - "New foil patterns, new short prints, on card autographs ..."

(* Subject to change )
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Last page - "New foil patterns, new short prints, on card autographs ..."

(* Subject to change )
Ah you meant more, as in new, not more as in "double the amount" haha. Knowing Topps they'd pull something like that to boost sales.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #54 (permalink)

I do find it a little funny that there are a few listings on EBay for presale cases of High Tek 2 at much higher prices than even BO.
$860 and $840 with a best offer, where BO is at $770.
I realize that the $840 with best offer might accept much lower, but with all the releases of SW cards and the issues Topps has had, I and many other people are not going to pay over $700 for a case.
Heck a few weeks after release this product will be selling for around $600 a case.
From what MW2 taught us, is that the singles won't sell as high and the lower autos are not worth much at all, even the top signers have come down some.
$50 a box is about all this product will be worth IMO.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I do find it a little funny that there are a few listings on EBay for presale cases of High Tek 2 at much higher prices than even BO.

$860 and $840 with a best offer, where BO is at $770.

I realize that the $840 with best offer might accept much lower, but with all the releases of SW cards and the issues Topps has had, I and many other people are not going to pay over $700 for a case.

Heck a few weeks after release this product will be selling for around $600 a case.

From what MW2 taught us, is that the singles won't sell as high and the lower autos are not worth much at all, even the top signers have come down some.

$50 a box is about all this product will be worth IMO.

Exactly, and even $50 could be a stretch since people spent a ton last year they are likely burned out. Yes two big names were added, but the sticker autos hurt a ton and the flood of repeat signers continues.

I'm sure someone's waiting to tell me again that this is a gamble, but I'd rather gamble where I could maybe get some PC Cards from new signers. Most autos from Masterwork, where they're friggin on card are under $10. Unless TOPPS completely redoes their signer lineup for non-rogue one sets (obviously) I see every product dropping within a week of release and it being a buyers market from the sports guys who haven't been scared off yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 10:44 PM   #56 (permalink)

At least production runs are going down so the top cards are a little easier to get!
Hey I have to find 1 thing that is better! LOL
Old 11-20-2016, 11:23 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
At least production runs are going down so the top cards are a little easier to get!
Hey I have to find 1 thing that is better! LOL
Production won't be down on this. Prob won't be until 4-5 sets from now... people who felt the sting from MW and Walking Dead are the one who won't be placing pre-orders.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Chrome FA was lower than Chrome 2
Rogue One Mission Briefing was lower than Journey to FA
MW2 was lower than MW1

High Tek 1 made 18,349 boxes and I expect Series 2 to be lower than this.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Chrome FA was lower than Chrome 2
Rogue One Mission Briefing was lower than Journey to FA
MW2 was lower than MW1

High Tek 1 made 18,349 boxes and I expect Series 2 to be lower than this.
I'm talking about drastically lower.. like the exodus that MW2 and Walking Dead have created.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #60 (permalink)

That is true, the production run has not and will not decrease enough for the fewer people opening these products.
Fewer sports guys breaking and even the hardcore guys are ripping less.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:56 AM   #61 (permalink)

I'm out...had to cancel my High Tek cases after watching most of my bigger customers pass on MW2. I've been continuing to bust cases every SW title this year and slowly (well if 12 months is slow) watched as the market hit saturation. It's a sad state of affairs, after all these years too...
richscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:22 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richscards View Post
I'm out...had to cancel my High Tek cases after watching most of my bigger customers pass on MW2. I've been continuing to bust cases every SW title this year and slowly (well if 12 months is slow) watched as the market hit saturation. It's a sad state of affairs, after all these years too...
This really saddens me as i lived vicariously through your breaks!

Would be funny if production was cut in half n this was the set of the year.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #63 (permalink)

Do we know for SURE that this will have sticker autos? Or just speculating?

If so...ew. How Topps can put a sticker on a Tek card is beyond me.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Topps just announced that more than 50 signers are ON CARD. First-time signers include Mark Silk (Aks Moe), Tosin Cole (Lt. Bastian), Christina Tosin Cole Tek 2daSilva (Rabé) and Julie Dolan (voice of Princess Leia in Star Wars Rebels). Autographs from Star Wars’ top stars – Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Jon Boyega, Anthony Daniels, Andy Serkis and Freddie Prinze Jr. – are also included as sticker autographs.

https://www.topps.com/blog/swhightek16/
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Do we know for SURE that this will have sticker autos? Or just speculating?

If so...ew. How Topps can put a sticker on a Tek card is beyond me.
Short of actually opening the packs and seeing the stickers, yes we do know. And it's why I'm avoiding this product. Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Boyega, Daniels, Serkis & Prinze are all STICKERS.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:57 AM   #65 (permalink)

***never mind
Old 11-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #66 (permalink)

Hi,
I left SW releases about 18 months back. It's turned out to be a really good decision. Big productions, less variety in the art, and endless numbers of low end autos and manufactured hits were the writing on the wall to me, I love the franchise, and hope something will happen to turn it around. I just lost my desire for the cards. Good luck to those that stayed in.
rich
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #67 (permalink)

With all of the new characters that will be introduced in these Star Wars spin-off shows, it's possible that we could see really bloated autograph lists in the coming years.

Imagine if you will, all the side characters for Rogue One and the new films on the horizon (Han Solo spinoff, ect). It's possible that Masterworks 3, or Galactic Files or various products could have auto lineups that are 100-150+ with all these new movies coming out.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Hi,
I left SW releases about 18 months back. It's turned out to be a really good decision. Big productions, less variety in the art, and endless numbers of low end autos and manufactured hits were the writing on the wall to me, I love the franchise, and hope something will happen to turn it around. I just lost my desire for the cards. Good luck to those that stayed in.
rich
Yes, we know you left about 18 months back. You've posted this about 5 times now lol.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by any of this. We predicted about 2 1/2 yrs ago all of this would happen, when sports guys started jumping into the non-sports pool. It was inevitable.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #69 (permalink)

checklist is up

https://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/...ist-MASTER.pdf
Old 12-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post

Rey has THREE short prints?! That's a little excessive haha talk about a cash grab move for the hot new character.

3 new signers, I'll probably pick up Tosin Cole since I've got all the other new FA people so far, maybe Da Silvia.
Tosin Cole ** as Lieutenant Bastian
Christina Da Silva ** as Rabe
Julie Dolan ** as Princess Leia Organa

I'm also intrigued by Sidon Ithano being in the Living Tek insert set. I thought he was just a bounty hunter like Boba, curious what his "Tek" is. I don't think he's a droid.

Last edited by Vargaman; 12-08-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richscards View Post
My main concern is there are only so many stock and movie images from the OT and PT. Whereas sports cards have new players each year and can keep taking photos each season, we're at the point where there may not be a new image of Luke or Leia to use. Sure the card design can change, different backgrounds/materials (like chrome and acetate) but aside form that, it's going to be the same images from now on.

I think they've used every possible Luke image/outfit they can, right?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
My main concern is there are only so many stock and movie images from the OT and PT. Whereas sports cards have new players each year and can keep taking photos each season, we're at the point where there may not be a new image of Luke or Leia to use. Sure the card design can change, different backgrounds/materials (like chrome and acetate) but aside form that, it's going to be the same images from now on.

I think they've used every possible Luke image/outfit they can, right?
Maybe they card darken the photo and give each character a tan! Would that make everyone happy? LOL!
Old 12-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe they card darken the photo and give each character a tan! Would that make everyone happy? LOL!
Kinda like Time Magazine did with the OJ cover? That didn't go over so well haha
Old 12-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #74 (permalink)

Disappointed that the checklist is incomplete!

Form 2 starts with Card #56 (which is a Form 1 card) and there's no Card #74 listed.

Sigh ...

*** EDIT *** - in the autos section there's one signer that's not listed in the base cards as far as I can see

Crystal Clarke as Ensign Pamich Nerro Goode

I'm guessing this is the missing card #74?

Last edited by jamesr; 12-08-2016 at 05:16 PM.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Disappointed that the checklist is incomplete!

Form 2 starts with Card #56 (which is a Form 1 card) and there's no Card #74 listed.

Sigh ...

*** EDIT *** - in the autos section there's one signer that's not listed in the base cards as far as I can see

Crystal Clarke as Ensign Pamich Nerro Goode

I'm guessing this is the missing card #74?

Wait, Crystal Clarke isn't a new signer?? Or did they just forget to mark her as such?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk