Blowout Cards Forums
March Mandess

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 02:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

While this might qualify as a "fun" break, I am avoiding for now.

Good luck to all!
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
I've noticed a downturn of most non-sports releases hitting Ebay on the opening day. Seems like stuff trickles out.
100% agree. I've had to change my buying strategy for singles because of that lesser supply being available right away. And like you mentioned a couple of posts later, this extends way beyond UD and Marvel releases.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
If this set is supposed to be a "2016 Year in Review," and the initial promotional material did say "A new approach from UD Entertainment, 2016 Upper Deck Marvel Annual summarizes the year in comics within the Marvel Universe." ... then why are they recycling 2013 card art

for the "2016" card?

I guess there weren't any images of Hulk in the 2016 comics?
I was wondering that too. I see that some base cards have art used from years ago. I saw some base cards (like Beta Ray Bill) have art from the 80's. I would have thought the base cards would have had updated looks of these characters.

www.pernastudios.deviantart.com
www.facebook.com/groups/Pernastudios
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

I see that this product is very popular.

Guess noone is making this set.
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbystuff View Post

I opened 1.5 boxes of this stuff and my LCS and got 2 manufactured patches.
This product will be $40 a box very soon.
You can open a whole case and possibly not even get 1 sketch card!

The base and inserts look ok, but the photos are all duplicates from past products.

I want my money back! LOL

I am 15 cards short of a base set, but have several duplicates, so if anyone wants to trade hit me up.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:

With the high# of cards in the base set, it's better built for an ePack release where collectors can more easily trade with other collectors for cards they want without having to spend as much money. The hobby release component will see more interest once box prices go down. This will be the perfect Black Friday set.

This set can be grouped into the Marvel NOW, Marvel 3D, and Marvel Vibranium level of Marvel sets. Some cool stuff here, but won't move until the price falls. It will be interesting if they do make it an annual release. If UD does do it again next year, they should just go straight to ePack.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
With the high# of cards in the base set, it's better built for an ePack release where collectors can more easily trade with other collectors for cards they want without having to spend as much money. The hobby release component will see more interest once box prices go down. This will be the perfect Black Friday set.

This set can be grouped into the Marvel NOW, Marvel 3D, and Marvel Vibranium level of Marvel sets. Some cool stuff here, but won't move until the price falls. It will be interesting if they do make it an annual release. If UD does do it again next year, they should just go straight to ePack.
But the shipping charges will kill you.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Hobby box prices with most definately be dropping since not much is being opened.

Has it been confirmed that this will also be on epack?
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Hobby box prices with most definately be dropping since not much is being opened.

Has it been confirmed that this will also be on epack?
No, I don't think there has been any verification that this will be ePack. It's just been awhile since the last Marvel ePack set (Dr. Strange), and this is the next potentially eligible Marvel set for ePack since Marvel Gems (another stinker, sales-wise) was skipped on ePack.

If this set doesn't make it to ePack, the next eligible set would be Spider (or possibly GotG2), but that just seems like too long of a gap in between ePack releases (it would be almost 6 months since DS). So, I would expect Marvel Annual to hit ePack, unless the poor sales of DS (and to a lesser extent Cap) have totally soured UD on doing more Marvel ePack stuff.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

I really don't feel thus set is suited for epacks. Epacks only makes sense for a premium pack type of product. Unless epacks are gonna cost a quarter and Upperdeck is going to ship the base set for a flat $6, I just don't see anybody buying this in epacks. The shipping charges will be more than the cards are valued.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Some thing you should consider is that UD doesn't always make physical base though and if the base set is big, they probably wouldn't. I think that would detract from the set being on ePack personally. I'm tired of the digital base that don't physically exist on UD. Trading seems pointless as a result, at least to me.

UD hasn't been able to remotely recreate the success of MM on ePack from what I've seen.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

Again, really wished I checked the sketch odds before purchasing, but I opened three boxes and got three patches that will probably be going on eBay tomorrow. But I did find something kinda interesting from one of the inserts. 'Top 10 Issues' Spider-man Vol 2 #1.

The card on the right (TI-4) is the one listed on the checklist and matches the design for the other inserts from this set. And the card on the left (TIV-4) is labeled as the same issue, but has several noticeable differences. The main image used is different as well as the layout of the secondary pics, the silver foil has more of a glossy finish, and the shadowing behind the 'TOP 10' heading is lighter.

Is this an error card of some sort? Or did I miss some kind of parallel or variation on the checklist.

pedro013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:34 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro013 View Post
Again, really wished I checked the sketch odds before purchasing, but I opened three boxes and got three patches that will probably be going on eBay tomorrow. But I did find something kinda interesting from one of the inserts. 'Top 10 Issues' Spider-man Vol 2 #1.

The card on the right (TI-4) is the one listed on the checklist and matches the design for the other inserts from this set. And the card on the left (TIV-4) is labeled as the same issue, but has several noticeable differences. The main image used is different as well as the layout of the secondary pics, the silver foil has more of a glossy finish, and the shadowing behind the 'TOP 10' heading is lighter.

Is this an error card of some sort? Or did I miss some kind of parallel or variation on the checklist.

Without looking at the checklist, I would suspect the TIV on the left is for Variant covers. I expect a big #1 book like that would have had some popular variants, and it would be a nice way to get some of the limited artwork out there again.
Nuurgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #39 (permalink)

Here is the variant cover checklist:

Comic Variants - 1:240
TIV-1 Captain Marvel Vol 9 #1
TIV-2 Silk Vol 2 #3
TIV-3 Ms Marvel Vol 4 #3
TIV-4 Spider-Man Vol 2 #1
TIV-5 Power Man and Iron Fist Vol 3 #1
TIV-6 All-New/ All-Different Avengers Vol 1 #4
Old 02-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is the variant cover checklist:

Comic Variants - 1:240
TIV-1 Captain Marvel Vol 9 #1
TIV-2 Silk Vol 2 #3
TIV-3 Ms Marvel Vol 4 #3
TIV-4 Spider-Man Vol 2 #1
TIV-5 Power Man and Iron Fist Vol 3 #1
TIV-6 All-New/ All-Different Avengers Vol 1 #4
Cool. Thank you!
pedro013 is offline   Reply With Quote