Blowout Cards Forums
13/14 bk Gianninis

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Also, anyone fare to guess at the 6 auto book? I'd be Ford, Hamill, Fisher, Daniels, Baker, Jones maybe. That'd be the best case, I just hope it's not rebel pilots or something with low level signers.
I'll throw out a guess that the 6 auto is of cantina musicians/creatures

LOL
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonL View Post

LOL

6 Jabba puppeteers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:

LOL
Where there really 6 people in the Cantina band? Learned something new today.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Where there really 6 people in the Cantina band? Learned something new today.
Don't take my word for gospel

I had to search an image of the band and it looks like there are only four band members. But surely Topps can round up two random cantina creatures to fill out that booklet...
Old 12-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

LOL
There were 7, and some of them were played by creators. I'd LOVE to see a booklet of them all! I know you're joking around, but a die-hard SW fan would kill for something like that.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

Any 6 way auto will be a very high dollar card, but obviously if it is 6 key characters you could be talking the biggest SW card ever.
It really would if it could be on card, but we all know there is 0% chance of that.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
There were 7, and some of them were played by creators. I'd LOVE to see a booklet of them all! I know you're joking around, but a die-hard SW fan would kill for something like that.

Well yeah, but again, something that's like 1 or 2 for the whole print run should be epic. The quad boba booklet was cool, but aside from the OT trio from Chrome there hasn't been a real meaningful multi auto higher than the dual configurations.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Any 6 way auto will be a very high dollar card, but obviously if it is 6 key characters you could be talking the biggest SW card ever.

Ford-Hamill-Fisher-Prowse-Daniels-Mayhew

Something to challenge the Mike Trout/Kris Bryant superfractors on the sports side
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Default First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars 40th Anniversary trading cards

And amazing triple for this set would be Lucas, Abrams, and Spielberg! I would absolutely love that card

Last edited by joudenjouden; 12-04-2016 at 12:28 PM.
joudenjouden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Well yeah, but again, something that's like 1 or 2 for the whole print run should be epic. The quad boba booklet was cool, but aside from the OT trio from Chrome there hasn't been a real meaningful multi auto higher than the dual configurations.
The problem that I see with this (one mega hit and the rest are Teedo autos) is that we will see the mega hit pulled on day -1 (yes, you read that right, minus one) and the rest of the product will drop to $40/box pronto.

I view this specific issue the opposite way, there needs to be a hundred Reys, a hundred Poes and a couple hundred Rens to make the demand for product stretch out into a longer tail. Plus it would help collectors because then "high end" would be brought back into reach of the common collection. It does most of us no good to see one Rey sold for $10k and a thousand Teedos go for $5/ea
Old 12-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem that I see with this (one mega hit and the rest are Teedo autos) is that we will see the mega hit pulled on day -1 (yes, you read that right, minus one) and the rest of the product will drop to $40/box pronto.

I view this specific issue the opposite way, there needs to be a hundred Reys, a hundred Poes and a couple hundred Rens to make the demand for product stretch out into a longer tail. Plus it would help collectors because then "high end" would be brought back into reach of the common collection. It does most of us no good to see one Rey sold for $10k and a thousand Teedos go for $5/ea
The problem with a hundred reys (well, depending on which side of the debate you stand), here let me use an analogy.

Once upon a time in basketball land Michael Jordan auto's were extremely rare to be put into products. When they were put into products they were really low numbered or extremely short printed. So when you did find one, it was a huge pull. Then they started making more, and more, and more, and now if you can live with a north carolina jersey I've seen very low numbered Jordan auto's for under 300 dollars. That was an inconceivable price before, but now it's normal. UD (who makes the cards) eventually realized this was bad so now he's not signing for "a while" to drive the demand back up. So if they only put a few Reys per set, you're correct they'll get hit early and the product will then tank as it'll be viewed as valueless because the big hits are gone. If they make Rey more obtainable (along with the other mains or new signers) the value of the cards dies off. Which means people won't buy the product either and the boxes will drop. Realistically the only reason to buy boxes is to either aim for the homerun (Rey, or whatever the new hot signer is) or just go buy singles/sets because it's infinitely cheaper. So there's no real easy "fix" to this issue I'm afraid.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
So there's no real easy "fix" to this issue I'm afraid.
^this
Old 12-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah but that's assuming every other hit is crap. If there's still solid auto support from ford, hamill, fisher, etc and not all low level signers then it's fine.

Can you imagine your 1:58,000 odd quad book being 4 boba signers who aren't even worth $100 separately? Still a cool hit and a must have for a Boba collector, but not "worthy" of being so rare.

Kinda like MW2 duals. There's a bunch of /199 versions but the main cast ones are like /5 or lower. So then follow suit and have multiple quad auto books for low level configurations but have that holy grail card.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #39 (permalink)

"Sketch Cards - Leading artists lend their artistic talents to create unique artwork directly on card, featuring memorable characters,creatures and scenes from Star Wars: A New Hope"

I love that the sketch cards will be focused on ANH with no prequel trilogy!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #40 (permalink)

The 6 way could be the SW Rebels crew, with sixth being Ahsoka, since they still haven't revealed the VA for Chopper, I know not everyone is a fan of the Rebels sigs, but I think it'd be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #41 (permalink)

Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, C-3P0, R2-D2

All 6 main heroes from new hope that they have signatures of.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #42 (permalink)

do we need an anniversary set every 5 years ?
Old 12-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
do we need an anniversary set every 5 years ?
No silly in 3 years we'll get a 40th anniversary esb set.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

BO just listed pre-sale boxes and cases of this
$89.95 a box
$699.95 a case

With the way SW products have gone lately this sounds high, but then again we don't know the content at this point.

I do worry that interest in this product will be higher than any other, thus production runs will be near 20,000 boxes. Total guess at this point.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
BO just listed pre-sale boxes and cases of this
$89.95 a box
$699.95 a case

With the way SW products have gone lately this sounds high, but then again we don't know the content at this point.

I do worry that interest in this product will be higher than any other, thus production runs will be near 20,000 boxes. Total guess at this point.
Gotta start somewhere?
Old 12-18-2016, 03:55 AM   #46 (permalink)

Looks like a fun product. On card autos will be a bonus.

Last edited by Ferg1945; 12-18-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #47 (permalink)

The sand from tatooine will have auto cards too. I hear there's a lot of them.
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moistpaper View Post
The sand from tatooine will have auto cards too. I hear there's a lot of them.

Wait, what? Are they doing sand relics?

Old 12-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

Could be a good release, but print run worries me. Also, pro rata, this is over 1k if was 12 boxes. Although strangely I always preferred 8 box cases.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Could be a good release, but print run worries me. Also, pro rata, this is over 1k if was 12 boxes. Although strangely I always preferred 8 box cases.
Yup. If a lot preorder, i will stay away as print run will be 1100 cases lol. Let's hope a print run like Rogue 1 happens, but doubtful. 637 cases is ideal in my book on any sw set.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote