Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #1351 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Here's mine with the dialogue:

Best I can do with a flatbed scanner (with some dust under the glass, to boot)

It looks like there could be as many as 10 variations (depending on the exact print they used) if there were cards made with cels of each of poor fried Greedo's different lines:

1) Going somewhere, Solo.
2) It's too late for that. You should have paid him when you had the chance.
3) Jabba's put a price on your head so large, every bounty hunter in the galaxy will be looking for you.
4) I'm lucky I found you first.
5) If you give it to me, I might forget I found you.
6) Jabba's through with you! He has no time for smugglers who drop their shipments...
7) at the first sign of Imperial cruisers.
8) You can tell that to Jabba. He may only take your ship.
9) That's the idea.
10) I've been looking forward to this a long time.
(famous last words)

That'd be a sweet set to put together.

Most targets by me only have 2-3 non patch blasters and usually only one is a cel blaster. Have 2-3 more targets I can check still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #1352 (permalink)

I've seen someone with the "Going somewhere, Solo?" card, really like those. Pulled my first film cell from a blaster today. Really excited. What size one touches do these fit in? 75pt?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:49 AM   #1353 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
I ripped 2 cases and not one series 1 buyback. When you search eBay... you see TONS of reds and yellows. They guy who just flooded eBay has like 3-5 of a few.

LOL... Check this out - cardgarys | eBay
Hey, I pulled that one too.
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #1354 (permalink)

These film cel cards, when done right, really are sharp. That they've done pretty much the entire movie puts this one up there with the classic set done by Upper Deck for Disney Treasures released between 2003-2005. There were 55 cards in total (including Pixar and the deluxe 4 frame and embroidered patch versions) from about 25 different movies. I'm a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas and from the 2 different series it had a film card in, I've been able to amass 40-50 different ones. I've been working on making a set of all of the different characters in the frames.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #1355 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
These film cel cards, when done right, really are sharp. That they've done pretty much the entire movie puts this one up there with the classic set done by Upper Deck for Disney Treasures released between 2003-2005. There were 55 cards in total (including Pixar and the deluxe 4 frame and embroidered patch versions) from about 25 different movies. I'm a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas and from the 2 different series it had a film card in, I've been able to amass 40-50 different ones. I've been working on making a set of all of the different characters in the frames.
Yeah these are the best in a while, way better than medallions or patches.

I do think 50 is excessive and 40 would've made more sense side it's the 40th. Cels are stay at $20min so these won't be easy to compete. Better off buying blasters to get them and then trade. But even then that's $1,000 in blasters, hoping you get perfect collation or can find someone to trade.

Then again hopefully 50 blasters would get you a few purple, buybacks, and maybe a sticker or premium hit in addition to base sets to sell off.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #1356 (permalink)

Just pulled my favorite film cel and probably one of the best as far as most characters per image haha. This one is staying in my PC.

The other one, not so cool, just barely got the tie fighter in the cel. This one's going to ebay...

Old 05-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #1357 (permalink)

Guy who bought one of my cels on eBay said he now has a full set of them and is only missing 2 stickers or so for a master set!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #1358 (permalink)

Anyone know how Topps acquired the buyback sketches? I assume they are just late returns. There are a few stunning ones on ebay right now from Melike Acar, Ingrid Hardy, and Carlos Cabaleiro.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:17 AM   #1359 (permalink)

I saw one of Ted's High Tek sketches on ebay, a nice Chopper. Maybe he can tell us if he knows if it was actually pack inserted in the original product or not.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #1360 (permalink)

Default First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars 40th Anniversary trading cards

Busted two boxes of this. Really nothing to show, glad I didn't pay a ridiculous $135 per box and got presell prices. First box was a meh film cel and a Mike Edmonds Logray base auto and the second box was a base medallion and a Clive Revill auto 01/10. The gold auto is nice but I sent his TTM letter just yesterday haha. All for sale or trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by joudenjouden; 05-16-2017 at 08:27 AM.
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #1361 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I saw one of Ted's High Tek sketches on ebay, a nice Chopper. Maybe he can tell us if he knows if it was actually pack inserted in the original product or not.
I'm honestly not sure if I saw it available before.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #1362 (permalink)

Can someone help me identify this artist?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
dannyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #1363 (permalink)

Dylan Riley
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #1364 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
So I am starting to think that when Topps posted about there being 3 sets of buybacks, I think they are talking about series 1.
I have 20 buybacks and not 1 from series 1.
It seems like series 2 and 3 are the easiest to get, series 4 then next easiest, series 4 the 2nd hardest and series 1 the hardest.
Anyone else seeing this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
I ripped 2 cases and not one series 1 buyback. When you search eBay... you see TONS of reds and yellows. They guy who just flooded eBay has like 3-5 of a few.

LOL... Check this out - cardgarys | eBay
I was lucky enough to hit this Ben Kenobi series 1 buyback out of a Target hanger... didn't know the odds on them seem so much harder
Attached Thumbnails
First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars 40th Anniversary trading cards-18425283_1697031433659504_3944281651317424278_n.jpg  
Old 05-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #1365 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrad_23 View Post
I was lucky enough to hit this Ben Kenobi series 1 buyback out of a Target hanger... didn't know the odds on them seem so much harder
Is it numbered /3 though?

If not, Topps has some serious explaining to do or there's WAY more of this product still left sealed.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #1366 (permalink)

Beautiful buyback and it is centered well!
Blue ones with good centering are tough to come by
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #1367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Is it numbered /3 though?

If not, Topps has some serious explaining to do or there's WAY more of this product still left sealed.
Sadly, it is not. Very curious to see what Topps has to say about this (if they ever say anything else at all).
Old 05-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #1368 (permalink)

There's a buyback Galactic Files 2 printing plate on ebay. I thought that was kind of different.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #1369 (permalink)

I need some help finishing my master set.

I posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade section my needs for base, green & blue parallels

Please check it out and hopefully you can help me.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #1370 (permalink)

Still sitting on another case of this, yes I know I could have sold it for $100+ more at release but I was traveling. I'm mostly a PC'er, don't sell much and probably wouldn't keep anything except for sketches. I find it tedious to sort, list and sell but it seems like a lot of the bigger hits are still out there, or at least haven't popped up on the boards or eBay. On the fence whether to bust or sell the sealed case.

This set was a huge miss for Topps. Very disappointing.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #1371 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfeet View Post
Still sitting on another case of this, yes I know I could have sold it for $100+ more at release but I was traveling. I'm mostly a PC'er, don't sell much and probably wouldn't keep anything except for sketches. I find it tedious to sort, list and sell but it seems like a lot of the bigger hits are still out there, or at least haven't popped up on the boards or eBay. On the fence whether to bust or sell the sealed case.

Yeah, I really expected more with the 40th release. I know I've seen at least a couple of the triples pulled, and one of the 4 way auto books was sold on ebay the day after release. I still think the 6 way is out there, but if it were me I'd probably sell sealed. I've only seen a handful of caaes I'd say were decent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #1372 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:

If selling case do you have price?
Old 05-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #1373 (permalink)

Quote:

Shhhh they may hear you have negative opinions lol

Old 05-21-2017, 01:34 AM   #1374 (permalink)

QQ for the folks here that broke and/or are breaking blaster boxes. Which do you feel are better "value" the Target-exclusive ones with the patch or the non-exclusive ones with the film cel?

I'm asking because I'm seeing that around me (Seattle Eastside area), the patch blasters have disappeared and the film cel ones are appearing.

I broke my case of 40th and I'm jonesing a little to break something, otherwise I'm sitting out until Galactic Files Reborn.

OMG I'm so addicted that I'm having the shakes only 3 weeks after breaking a case - how sad is that!
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:35 AM   #1375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonL View Post
QQ for the folks here that broke and/or are breaking blaster boxes. Which do you feel are better "value" the Target-exclusive ones with the patch or the non-exclusive ones with the film cel?

I'm asking because I'm seeing that around me (Seattle Eastside area), the patch blasters have disappeared and the film cel ones are appearing.

I broke my case of 40th and I'm jonesing a little to break something, otherwise I'm sitting out until Galactic Files Reborn.

OMG I'm so addicted that I'm having the shakes only 3 weeks after breaking a case - how sad is that!

Cels 100%. Sure no parallels of them but way better resale value. Unless you hit a low numbered patch or medallion those unnumbered ones are like $10 right now and all patches are the same patch BC topps is lazy.