Blowout Cards Forums
2016 star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm sorry, but who names their kid Stink? that has to be a stage name right?
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
I'm sorry, but who names their kid Stink? that has to be a stage name right?
I wasn't sure, but was intrigued enough to google that. Wikipedia quote:
"Stink Fisher (born William Fisher; July 30, 1970)"
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Pretty nice.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Freakin' awesome. Off topic a bit - I can't figure out what the heck they're doing with when this is broadcast. For one, the advertising seems to be absolutely horrible. I was curious as to when season 3 would start up again, go to the website, only to find out I had already missed 2 episodes in Jan. So, I catch up and watch the next one and, then, the episode on this past Monday is the last one until like June!? Seriously, what the hell? It'll still be season 3 storyline, according to the website. The Cameron Monaghan dude who plays Jerome did a great job, in my opinion. It's still in that 3.5m viewer range, but I feel like they aren't doing their popularity any favors with all these random 2-4 month breaks.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Freakin' awesome. Off topic a bit - I can't figure out what the heck they're doing with when this is broadcast. For one, the advertising seems to be absolutely horrible. I was curious as to when season 3 would start up again, go to the website, only to find out I had already missed 2 episodes in Jan. So, I catch up and watch the next one and, then, the episode on this past Monday is the last one until like June!? Seriously, what the hell? It'll still be season 3 storyline, according to the website. The Cameron Monaghan dude who plays Jerome did a great job, in my opinion. It's still in that 3.5m viewer range, but I feel like they aren't doing their popularity any favors with all these random 2-4 month breaks.
it's back in April with what can essentially be called Season 3B. Story wise, while it sucks we have to wait almost 3 months, they're giving it the same treatment some cable shows get for their seasons. That and Fox wants to see how 24: Legacy & APB do so they're giving them both the sink or swim treatment. As long as there are no breaks once Gotham is back the season should end in June but still start back up for S4 at normal pace.

Many shows are starting to break up seasons like this as it used to be normal for beginning of December shows go on hiatus and show back up late January/Early February and finish up in April/early May but with networks continually greenlighting new shows each year (as well as limited reboots), there is no longer enough room so many networks have been blocking off different times for a limited run on new shows to see how they do for the next year. Gotham and Lucifer Fox knows are hits for them so the audience will be there so they can afford to move them and try out 2 new shows (ABC has been doing this for a few years now). April 24th though is Gotham's return so mark your calendar.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #31 (permalink)

I must have read that wrong, then, because an April return isn't as much of a gap as I thought I saw. My tv viewing consists of Gotham and NFL games, with the occasional Blacklist (if I remember it's on), and that's about it. If that is how they are running "seasons" of shows now, I have no idea how people keep up with multiple shows. This must be what created binge watching.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I must have read that wrong, then, because an April return isn't as much of a gap as I thought I saw. My tv viewing consists of Gotham and NFL games, with the occasional Blacklist (if I remember it's on), and that's about it. If that is how they are running "seasons" of shows now, I have no idea how people keep up with multiple shows. This must be what created binge watching.
I stay up to date on about 50 shows. Each week on Saturday (slowest recording day) I go through the schedule for each day and set up my recordings for about next week & a lil of following week. #1 reason being Fox & CBS liking to move shows around. I think Hell's Kitchen has aired each day of the week this past season lol.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
I wasn't sure, but was intrigued enough to google that. Wikipedia quote:
"Stink Fisher (born William Fisher; July 30, 1970)"
Haha I suppose I could have done that. Guess I didn't care quite enough. Unless there's an explanation on that page, I guess it could have been a nickname too or something, I just don't know why you'd stick with it. Lol.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Finally get a look at base, inserts and wardrobe cards posted to the site today.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

GTS promo video released yesterday for the product stated "April 2017" at the end, for those interested.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #36 (permalink)

So has this release really been pushed to April?
If so, April is already a big month with non-sport releases (Rouge One S2;Marvel Spiderman;GOT S6...)
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

I thought the release date was tomorrow (3/8). Does anyone know for sure when this set will be released?
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I thought the release date was tomorrow (3/8). Does anyone know for sure when this set will be released?
According to?

Crypto has no date on their page, just 2017. Last date I saw was 4/12, but until CZE flashes a date on their page everything is just a guess.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #39 (permalink)

The other card site (DA) shows a release date of 3/8/17. George from Cryptozoic confirmed that isn't the case and there's not a set date yet.

Edit: They took down the release date sometime between last night and this morning.

Last edited by Danni1185; 03-08-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #40 (permalink)

Release date is April 5.
StevieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Checklist is up. Glad I am just picking up single autos of new characters going forward. Duals are /10 and triples are /3. Also, whatever STR PWR Character Bios are.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Checklist is up. Glad I am just picking up single autos of new characters going forward. Duals are /10 and triples are /3. Also, whatever STR PWR Character Bios are.
They pulled the Clayface auto off the final checklist too.

Agreed on the single autos. I'm more waiting to see what the damage on the wardrobes is because I do want to complete all the wardrobes again. But with them mostly like having the SP's numbered now, it's going to be tough to find any deals on those.

There are a lot of parallels with this release too; two different types of regular parallels and then add in those STR PWR cards, which don't have any basic odds, and this set would be a nightmare to master collect. No redemptions this time though.

I'm still very excited about this set though; I just have to accept that there's a lot more to this release than season 1.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

I can't see any way to make a reasonable guesstimate on production other than how often a gold version of those STR PWR bios show up. Hopefully it's about 1:1.5 cases, at worst, since the silvers are 1:case, basically. Should be able to tell real quick how much they cranked production. With a gold /25 at 1:case, that's 375 cases. I think I got something like 333 for series 1, utilizing the redemption odds. If they fall at 1.5 cases, they really upped the production. Either way, it makes the black 1/1's out to be something like 1:25 cases. This should be interesting.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #44 (permalink)

Seems weird to up production because I thought that season 1 was rather lightly broken. Was season 1 more popular than I realized?
Old 04-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
Seems weird to up production because I thought that season 1 was rather lightly broken. Was season 1 more popular than I realized?
It all went somewhere. The last quantity of cases/boxes that I can recall were the ones I got near the end of Oct (I think) when the other place put them on sale for some reason. In hindsight, I wish I'd have bought them all. It's also possible that someone is just sitting on a lot of cases. I would venture a guess and say that not much more than 25-50 of most of the main cast autos ever hit the bay or showed up here. Seems like most people kept what they pulled with this set. I know I did, only getting rid of duplicates and using the funds to get the stuff I didn't pull from SP wardrobes, etc.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
It all went somewhere. The last quantity of cases/boxes that I can recall were the ones I got near the end of Oct (I think) when the other place put them on sale for some reason. In hindsight, I wish I'd have bought them all. It's also possible that someone is just sitting on a lot of cases. I would venture a guess and say that not much more than 25-50 of most of the main cast autos ever hit the bay or showed up here. Seems like most people kept what they pulled with this set. I know I did, only getting rid of duplicates and using the funds to get the stuff I didn't pull from SP wardrobes, etc.
Got ya. I'm only missing 1 card that I want from season 1 and it's one of the seemingly endless SP single wardrobes. Of course, I didn't go after every autograph either because I wasn't after the complete master. But I have every wardrobe but one. What are you still missing to complete your master (you don't have to be specific either because I know there are hostage holders around here haha)?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

I like the look of the auto cards I'm seeing on ebay, the prices, well that is another story. The auctions seem about right, the guys with the crazy BINs, well I wonder if you really sell anything at all.

I'll admit I have to do some extra research with that checklist before I get anything. there are a lot of variations.

I really wish you know who in the UK would combine shipping. He's got me a few times already and I don't like to pay $10 in shipping for them to come together in one package.
Patriots 5 time Champs
Squanching from coast to coast
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

I posted this in a different thread, but figured I might as well post here too

I randomly just came across info for a GOTHAM convention that will be super local to me in October.

I don't watch Gotham, but I might go to check it out depending on the badge price (I cant seem to find a price online yet). Or if they get Cameron Monaghan as a guest, I'll definitely be going (I LOVE Shameless!)

They currently have a ton of good guests lined up so far. Main characters

Guests link:
https://www.creationent.com/cal/crea...hi.html#guests
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote