Blowout Cards Forums
March Mandess

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GOTHAM Season 2 (Cryptozoic)

Product page is now up on Cryptozoic's site with 16 autographs already in-house.

https://www.cryptozoic.com/gotham-tr...cards-season-2
StevieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Everyone except McKenzie and Logue again?

What the hell is the point of a set if you cannot get two main cast members to sign?

I'll always reference Breaking Bad without Cranston and Paul as the epitomy of this stupidity.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Regardless, looking forward to it especially since it looks like there will be duals. Although haven't completed the first one yet..
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

hey still early, we may get those two (don't forget Chiklis,Baccarin, and BD Wong too) as many of those autos were likely signed when the first were done (as proven by many peoples instagram/twitter) plus we actually have a chance at pulling the Camren Bicondova now rather than hoping to win one in contests and crap.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jessica Lucas autograph just added to the product page along with this dual:

Old 12-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
Jessica Lucas autograph just added to the product page along with this dual:

I figured we'd be getting that one. Glad it's confirmed
Old 12-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwellguy View Post
Everyone except McKenzie and Logue again?

What the hell is the point of a set if you cannot get two main cast members to sign?

I'll always reference Breaking Bad without Cranston and Paul as the epitomy of this stupidity.
I don't agree with your comparison. Breaking Bad was about two characters for the most part. Gotham is an ensemble cast with ever-rotating storylines. I would like McKenzie and Logue like any fan would, but I don't feel like the set is empty without them either. Crypto has done an excellent job of getting the majority of the Gotham cast so far.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm glad to see Lucas added. I'm also happy to see second versions of Richards and Kane too. Should make them affordable compared to now (much like the situation with Katie Cassidy's autos in Arrow season 1 and season 2).

And don't have to worry about the Penguin now that he's announced for Denver Comic Con this year. No way he's bailing twice in a row.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Nice!! I wasn't expecting to see this so fast. I love the card design!! I hope they can get one or more of the following to sign: McKenzie, Logue, Baccarin, Chiklis, Doman.

I also love the dual autos. Those look nice! Can't wait to see more from this set as I love the show.

Last edited by Danni1185; 12-14-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Newest signer:

Old 12-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

I like the dual and the auto card design
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Saw Beckett tweet a photo of a triple auto that will be in the set (Frain, Lucas, Lind)
Old 12-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Old 12-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
I don't agree with your comparison. Breaking Bad was about two characters for the most part. Gotham is an ensemble cast with ever-rotating storylines. I would like McKenzie and Logue like any fan would, but I don't feel like the set is empty without them either. Crypto has done an excellent job of getting the majority of the Gotham cast so far.
Not a comparison.

It was an analogy. I think.

Gotham is not an "ensemble" cast. It is heavily dependent on the McKenzie "Jim Gordon" character.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
That is pretty awesome
Old 12-28-2016, 11:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

2 new signers added:

Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #17 (permalink)

Added new cards

Shaping up to be a nice set (as long as you aren't in the perpetually disappointed that they didn't get X person to sign crowd)
Old 01-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Awesome dual auto! I'm super excited about this release! I love the show. Still piecing together my season 1 set.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

8 new names to chase so far! This is the only thing on my slate for 2017 at this point. I'm planning on adding only the single new autos to my nearly complete Season 1 set. (2 cards to go.) I figure that's the way I'll go for following releases, too.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Love this lineup. This may be the first case of cards I ever buy!
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwellguy View Post
Not a comparison.

It was an analogy. I think.

Gotham is not an "ensemble" cast. It is heavily dependent on the McKenzie "Jim Gordon" character.
I missed this. We disagree then. I don't find Gordon to be as central to the show as Walter White (or even Amell in Arrow). There have been many episodes where the story revolves more around Bruce or Penguin as an example. Season 1 had a long story just concerning Penguin, Fish, and Falcone. Or Nygma's descent into madness.

Or the whole Galavan story line in season 2 revolved around Bruce. Even the Court of Owls stuff isn't focused on Gordon either. He is a prominent character on the show, but they have made a handful of characters prominent depending on the story and the season. That to me is an ensemble cast.

I agree with others above me; I'm very excited about what Crypto is doing for season 2. It's easy to focus on the couple of misses they've had (McKenzie, Logue, and Pinkett-Smith), but they have killed it with the people they have gotten to sign on card. Honestly, there are currently only 2 or 3 autographs of people that had little relevance to season 2 on the checklist right now. And then there will likely be the wardrobes too. What's not to love about this set if you're a fan of the show? Seriously.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

They did such an excellent job getting the other cast, who have huge ongoing storylines, that I don't even care that they didn't get McKenzie. To me, RLT was the huge get for Series 1. I don't think Jim & Barbara drama would have carried the show to popularity. It just seems to do a good job at moving everyone's storyline along at a good pace and maintaining interest thanks to that.

I'll be adding all the new character autos, but I don't think I'll be building a master set at all, though.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:20 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
They did such an excellent job getting the other cast, who have huge ongoing storylines, that I don't even care that they didn't get McKenzie. To me, RLT was the huge get for Series 1. I don't think Jim & Barbara drama would have carried the show to popularity. It just seems to do a good job at moving everyone's storyline along at a good pace and maintaining interest thanks to that.

I'll be adding all the new character autos, but I don't think I'll be building a master set at all, though.
100% agree. His Penguin is the star of the show; RLT is the first actor to really bring something special to the Penguin character if you ask me.

I'll go for the new characters, a Richards and a Kane because the prices should be lower with two seasons to choose from, and the wardrobes. I've been lucky with Denver Comic Con to have met and acquired autos from Bicondova, Pertwee, and Mazouz already and I should be getting RLT this year. And the in-person autos remove my personal need to add their autos to my collection (unless they are stupid cheap for some reason, which they won't be).
Old 01-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

Old 01-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #25 (permalink)