Blowout Cards Forums
Big Baller

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
kerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US
Posts: 2,411
Default

Probably easier to get a bigger name when you are using stickers because you can spread that cost over a bunch of projects rather than an on-card auto for one specific set.

Might be why you are seeing some of the main people in a show sign for 2 seasons now for Crypto. Easier to leverage multiple seasons in one signing.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
AceGambit3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsharc View Post
I agree random but I feel like they often get the biggest names not always I'm not knock crypt I'm sure there's reasons behind it all it's more of just a disappointment. That's there's some big names we can't get


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're comparing apples and oranges though for the most part. Major Motion Pictures vs. TV Shows.

Of course UD & Topps are going to appear better if you just go "well they got main stars from Star Wars and the Marvel movies" and look at nothing else.

Look at Crypto's work in movies though, The Hobbit. That was pretty impressive and solid all around. As well as Ender's Game, they got Harrison Ford on card as well as the two main characters both of which are continuing to star in movies in lead roles. Now look at their work in television, they really haven't missed many people so far looking at all the different licenses and products they have come out with. You are focusing way too much on Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell not being part of the Flash & Arrow set....yet. Same thing with those speaking of Gotham and Ben McKenzie. 85% of the cast has signed for season 1 & 2. and there are solid names all around that are actually obtainable. If we're going to get hung up every single set that doesn't include a certain person from the get go then some folks really need to reassess their mentality and learn to be grateful for what we are getting. This company isn't doing redemptions, they aren't doing a bait & switch, they are not doing sticker autographs all on card and are still managing autograph lists that cover 75-85% of the main cast as well as key guest stars on a regular basis.
__________________
I'm not politically correct...why? because I don't have time to cater to 7 billion people's feelings.
TBD.......
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Cardsharc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 270
Default

While respect what they do what would the show the flash be without the flash or green arrow without the arrow? Not a darn thing the show is built around these characters.

I'm sorry but getting them to sign somehow at least for one of the series is kind of important in my humble opinion I applaud there work on the hobbit amazing series of cards and so are the others but I for one cannot buy a case of cards when I may not be able to get the auto I want most. I know that's just those series and there's countless other series of cards they have done amazing work on and these are great too however the post was about the flash and with flash not signing signing I just can't see the value personally.

As far as reasses my mentality that's kind of a stupid thing to say I support the products and series I find the most value in. And if I can't get the characters I really want me not supporting that doesn't make me a bad person or ungrateful it's just not my cup of tea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cardsharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
kerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US
Posts: 2,411
Default

Violett Beane as Jesse Wells added.

On a side note.. whatever happened to SerialKiln? He always did updates.. haven't seen him in months.

Last edited by kerg; 01-11-2017 at 09:32 AM.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

Like always say. We should be grateful for any autos we have a chance at getting. Not to long ago it was hard to get an autograph from any famously person. Especially without leaving the house. They old release these sets like 90s sets with of base and inserts. But they dont. We get cool stuff like autos and wardrobes and props and sketches. But all anyone focuses on is the bad. It's ridiculous.

You say what would the Flash be without the flash? Well what would it be with only the flash? Nothing. He run around in circles by his lonesome. Sure a lead actor is always a bonus, but it doesn't mean there's no value. There's been a few sets that without many or any leads they do flop. However these are immensely popular shows among a lot for card collectors and CZE still gets awesome autos and lots of them. Who knows, maybe they are saving the leads for when they catch up to the most current season. Or maybe they are trying to spread them out (which I think would have been really good for arrow) s1 skyrocketed with nearly the whole main cast and season 2 didn't do nearly as well. They really could do 1 or 2 main per set and all sets would do nicely. But alas, it really depends what they can work out. Just because someone doesn't want to sign for a set doesn't make them a dbag. It's up to them what they choose.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,014
Default

I think Cryptozoiac and Rittenhouse should both be applauded for not only getting the quality of signers for their sets, but that their signatures are on card! That alone tells me that they are putting a lot of time and effort into creating these sets for the collectors. Anyone can get celebrities to sign stickers and then stick them on any garbage - trust me I've actually witnessed them do it. I go to the Hollywood Collector's Show in Los Angeles and Leaf is always there with envelopes of stickers and the celebrities are signing them while we are talking. Then I see the cards released months later. If I had Steve's (GUCD231) talent in making customized cards, I could easily get these created and signed. I realize that it takes time to create the cards, but how hard is it to follow a convention's posted schedule or even ask promoters who they have attending. Hell, Creation Ent. has their Once Upon A Time, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Star Trek Conventions posted months in advance. Can easily make arrangements with the agents for signings. That's what the celebrities are there for. Stickers are just laziness on the card companies part and I will not support them.
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

As far as creation conventions, with the way they are run, I can't imagine they'd even allow card companies to get signatures there. Maybe at the hotel or something, but a lot of the guests at those are in and out, same day. They have to keep a strict schedule most of the time so actors can make their flights home that same day. It's kinda crazy. Lol.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
rickstaman05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Terra
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
As far as creation conventions, with the way they are run, I can't imagine they'd even allow card companies to get signatures there. Maybe at the hotel or something, but a lot of the guests at those are in and out, same day. They have to keep a strict schedule most of the time so actors can make their flights home that same day. It's kinda crazy. Lol.
Yeah, don't they make a lot of money from selling the autographs they get as part of their contract? Only way I see it happening is if they had a partnership with the card company to sell the cards off of their site, or have some kind of exclusive mystery box of cards to sell direct from Creationent... Their business style suggests that they would want too large a cut. But that's just my opinion.
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
kerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US
Posts: 2,411
Default

Some nice adds recently






Like Gotham, shaping up to be a decent lineup.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

A bit off topic, but does anyone think there's a chance we might get a Supergirl set now that it's moved to the CW? It's ended up becoming my favourite of the superhero shows and I think it would be awesome!
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Scunthorpe UK
Posts: 132
Default

still hoping for Carlos
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz View Post
still hoping for Carlos
same here i want him
Fanboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:14 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
A bit off topic, but does anyone think there's a chance we might get a Supergirl set now that it's moved to the CW? It's ended up becoming my favourite of the superhero shows and I think it would be awesome!
I think there was always a chance. The network didn't matter, it was always under the DC licence. However, I think this season is way better. So I'm sure it just depends how it's doing and whatnot. I'd like a set tho.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz View Post
still hoping for Carlos
Me too. Cisco is my fave.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
I think there was always a chance. The network didn't matter, it was always under the DC licence. However, I think this season is way better. So I'm sure it just depends how it's doing and whatnot. I'd like a set tho.
Oh yeah, I meant more about it having the same audience (and therefore some of the same interest) on the new network rather than a license thing. It definitely improved this season, whereas I felt that Arrow took a downturn - although I've heard it's picking back up so I might go back to it.
I do think a set could be brilliant though, most of the main cast are smaller actors so should (?) be easy to get autos and unlike many shows nowadays, less of the costume cards would be black, grey, brown, etc.
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
Oh yeah, I meant more about it having the same audience (and therefore some of the same interest) on the new network rather than a license thing. It definitely improved this season, whereas I felt that Arrow took a downturn - although I've heard it's picking back up so I might go back to it.
I do think a set could be brilliant though, most of the main cast are smaller actors so should (?) be easy to get autos and unlike many shows nowadays, less of the costume cards would be black, grey, brown, etc.

Guess wouldn't happen till a season 2 release, but linda carter would be a great auto to have in the set. Loved the " other jet "reference in one of the shows
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Guess wouldn't happen till a season 2 release, but linda carter would be a great auto to have in the set. Loved the " other jet "reference in one of the shows
All of the cameo stars would be amazing! Linda Carter, Dean Cain, Helen Slater, etc. A Season 2 set would also be a chance at Chris Wood cards, I've been waiting years for TVD to reach season 6 haha
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
All of the cameo stars would be amazing! Linda Carter, Dean Cain, Helen Slater, etc. A Season 2 set would also be a chance at Chris Wood cards, I've been waiting years for TVD to reach season 6 haha
Ive been waiting for 5 and 6, and 4 (which took forever) but I'm worried we won't get more. I'm not sure how well the last set did. Hopefully we'll enough for another set or 4.

In the ns magazine George said characters from supergirl and legends would be popping up, or something like that. But it might just mean in other sets, I don't know. Problem with supergirl is that since it's a different earth, kara is the only crossover to other other shows, so I hope it's more than just them being in other sets.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
Ive been waiting for 5 and 6, and 4 (which took forever) but I'm worried we won't get more. I'm not sure how well the last set did. Hopefully we'll enough for another set or 4.

In the ns magazine George said characters from supergirl and legends would be popping up, or something like that. But it might just mean in other sets, I don't know. Problem with supergirl is that since it's a different earth, kara is the only crossover to other other shows, so I hope it's more than just them being in other sets.
The upcoming musical crossover is going to have more Supergirl characters interacting with those from The Flash! I'd prefer a standalone set, but anything is better than nothing and I can always make my own set like I did with The Originals (using cards from the TVD sets)
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Scunthorpe UK
Posts: 132
Default

I do wonder if they will include the supergirl and Legends guests in Flash and Arrow we got Victor and Wentworth in The flash so thats two of them.
we also get Casper for season 2

Last edited by Addz; 02-05-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:34 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
The upcoming musical crossover is going to have more Supergirl characters interacting with those from The Flash! I'd prefer a standalone set, but anything is better than nothing and I can always make my own set like I did with The Originals (using cards from the TVD sets)
George said they were working on a set of either Supergirl or Legends....but wouldn't say which of course.

While I love them both alot, I'd rather it be Supergirl so we can get more autos of that cast. I'd love Kara, Winn, Alex, Maggie, and Mon-El.

Legends has a lot of autos already in Flash or arrow sets and alot of others can be put in them still. With all of the DC shows being pretty popular I think CZE actually kinda got lucky. They have the DC license and while I love the comic sets, I don't think they do super well....but now they have access to like 8 shows I think. I don't know if there are extra licensing fees, but I think they just get them all.

If you're wondering which 8 I was counting Arrow, Flash, Legebds, Supergirl, Gotham, Lucifer, iZombie, and Powerless.

I still want an iZombie but I'm not even sure what's going on with the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz View Post
I do wonder if they will include the supergirl and Legends guests in Flash and Arrow we got Victor and Wentworth in The flash so thats two of them.
we also get Casper for season 2
And Sara...caity lotz.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
George said they were working on a set of either Supergirl or Legends....but wouldn't say which of course.

While I love them both alot, I'd rather it be Supergirl so we can get more autos of that cast. I'd love Kara, Winn, Alex, Maggie, and Mon-El.

Legends has a lot of autos already in Flash or arrow sets and alot of others can be put in them still. With all of the DC shows being pretty popular I think CZE actually kinda got lucky. They have the DC license and while I love the comic sets, I don't think they do super well....but now they have access to like 8 shows I think. I don't know if there are extra licensing fees, but I think they just get them all.

If you're wondering which 8 I was counting Arrow, Flash, Legebds, Supergirl, Gotham, Lucifer, iZombie, and Powerless.

I still want an iZombie but I'm not even sure what's going on with the show.



And Sara...caity lotz.
I'd definitely buy a couple of boxes of LOT, but it would be a case for me if it's Supergirl! I'm going to 2 conventions this year to meet (character names cos it's easier) Kara, Winn, James and J'onn
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
I'd definitely buy a couple of boxes of LOT, but it would be a case for me if it's Supergirl! I'm going to 2 conventions this year to meet (character names cos it's easier) Kara, Winn, James and J'onn
Those conventions in the UK?
triplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Lilytoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefrog View Post
Those conventions in the UK?
Yes! Jeremy Jordan, Mehcad Brooks and David Harewood are at City of Heroes 3 in Telford May 19-21 and Melissa Benoist is going to Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in London May 27-28
Lilytoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Scunthorpe UK
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilytoby View Post
Yes! Jeremy Jordan, Mehcad Brooks and David Harewood are at City of Heroes 3 in Telford May 19-21 and Melissa Benoist is going to Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in London May 27-28
I am at City of Heroes probably working it. I'm still not fond of HVFF/walker stalker con for prices

I can't wait to meet Jeremy and David.
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.