Blowout Cards Forums
March Mandess

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
+1 I agree 100%. I would still pass also.
^^^ Agree with everyone above. But this is so worrying, if people like us don't even want to spent $299 on this, how is the company ever gonna actually sell the product at $400 a pop. I feel like everyone buying is doing so just for a sketch and "hoping" they can sell the extra autographs.

Also about the "main character" sketches.. chances of pulling those will be pretty rare, but not completely impossible. I heard that it was such a nightmare to get approvals from actors in the first series that this time some artists were told to sketch "monsters and demons only!" (also, some sketches will only be in black pencil, NO color)

I don't know whether to be thankful or upset at Rittenhouse for finally being the studio to release a new Buffy product honestly. I'm happy for new Buffy cards, but this is really not an ideal release for anyone other than the profiting company. Or any Buffy fans who have an extra $2000.00 lying around to take a stab at potentially getting a sketch from a main character.. lol.. come on..

Last edited by ChristianSaad; 01-18-2017 at 07:52 PM.
ChristianSaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Barnes & Noble has SMG new book signed for $20. Figured someone on here would want a cheap way to get her Autograph
Stirring Up Fun with Food: Over 115 Simple, Delicious Ways to Be Creative in the Kitchen (Signed Book) by Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gia Russo |, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®

I ordered two and have always been tempted to make a cut/photo nice display
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschade View Post
Barnes & Noble has SMG new book signed for $20. Figured someone on here would want a cheap way to get her Autograph
Stirring Up Fun with Food: Over 115 Simple, Delicious Ways to Be Creative in the Kitchen (Signed Book) by Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gia Russo |, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®

Thanks for this! I also ordered a signed copy of the next Bruce Campbell book which I didn't even know was coming! Excited to get both!
robomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomole View Post
Thanks for this! I also ordered a signed copy of the next Bruce Campbell book which I didn't even know was coming! Excited to get both!
Thank you both for this information. Something I really never thought of because of space/storage for books. Mouschi might be getting a call for a custom
Patriots 5 time Champs
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Glad to help out. I also got the Ric Flair signed one and picked up a bunch of the Chipper Jones books last week. B&N always has a lot of good signers so its a good idea to search the signed books often as the good ones sell out fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomole View Post
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Glad to help out. I also got the Ric Flair signed one and picked up a bunch of the Chipper Jones books last week. B&N always has a lot of good signers so its a good idea to search the signed books often as the good ones sell out fast
Very cool! Thanks for posting this. My inner cynic is a little worried, though - is it confirmed that "signed copy" means Gellar is signing, and not that Russo (co-author) is the only signer?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:08 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
Very cool! Thanks for posting this. My inner cynic is a little worried, though - is it confirmed that "signed copy" means Gellar is signing, and not that Russo (co-author) is the only signer?
All I see is a sticker on the book saying "signed copy". Could be signed by the barnes and noble manager debbie lol.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Is anyone actually buying a set for the SMG auto/relic? I feel like everyone is either interested in a Willow autograph or a sketch card, and that's pretty much it.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianSaad View Post
Is anyone actually buying a set for the SMG auto/relic? I feel like everyone is either interested in a Willow autograph or a sketch card, and that's pretty much it.
The smg auto relic should be the cheapest of the cards to get. If that's all you're after I can't imagine why you'd not just buy the single.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think that based on how the SMG autos in the first release went down from the initial prices, a lot of people are waiting until the big sellers list the cards as singles, and then will buy the card(s) they want, instead of taking a chance with buying blind sets. In my mind, it's only worth buying sealed sets in multiples of 5, so you get the bonus sketch card and extra metal set.

And it looks like I am thinking differently than the two of you, I am only interested in the SMG auto relic card, and don't have much interest in getting a Hannigan auto. I also think the SMG auto relics will sell for higher than the Hannigan autos. For these reasons, I am not buying a single set, since there is a 40% chance I wouldn't get the card I want.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I think that based on how the SMG autos in the first release went down from the initial prices, a lot of people are waiting until the big sellers list the cards as singles, and then will buy the card(s) they want, instead of taking a chance with buying blind sets. In my mind, it's only worth buying sealed sets in multiples of 5, so you get the bonus sketch card and extra metal set.

And it looks like I am thinking differently than the two of you, I am only interested in the SMG auto relic card, and don't have much interest in getting a Hannigan auto. I also think the SMG auto relics will sell for higher than the Hannigan autos. For these reasons, I am not buying a single set, since there is a 40% chance I wouldn't get the card I want.
Makes sense, except do you think breakers like Tim etc are going to be doing this?? I should ask him. Doubt it quite honestly, and people like juniors on ebay may only sell the full sets. We shall see.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post

I actually prefer an SMG card over Willow as well, just wanted to see if I was alone in that testament and looks like I'm not!

But with that said, sets are already not selling at $100 under list price. Someone was offering the sets (+metal +montage cards) for $299 and no one was interested... totally makes sense though. Everyone just knows the price is gonna drop so low after the initial release.

Also, the product is nowhere near sold out on the official website. When the first set released 2 years ago the product was immediately sold out and no one was even able to order any, which sparked up a lot more buzz. Anyone can order one now, or multiple ones, so that buzz doesn't exist this time. Don't be surprised if you see sets going for half list price very very soon. People who bought 5 sets just to get a sketch will soon be desperate to earn any money back, so they'll drop their prices real low. (Any chance of Rittenhouse temporary listing the item as "sold out" to see if it changes anything closer to release??)

I wish we could just get an Inkworks-like release with base cards, and more fun in chasing autos/relics/props/sketches or whatever, rather than charging us $400 for basically one card. Oh well, I guess times aren't what they used to be. I'm just glad any studio is showing love to the Buffy franchise honestly
Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #38 (permalink)

Hey, if you spend $2K you get a "free" extra set of metal cards
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for posting as well, I'm picking up one of these and one of the new John Scalzi books (if you like hard SF, you'll like his writing)
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #40 (permalink)

I remember a couple of the sets released a year or two ago, with the Gellar auto, just sitting on one of the distributors websites at $175. The Gellars were getting right around $200 at auction, so even re-sellers were passing on them at that price. I see no reason why the situation won't repeat, if not be even worse - as evidenced by the lack of interest in sets by distributors already.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
I remember a couple of the sets released a year or two ago, with the Gellar auto, just sitting on one of the distributors websites at $175. The Gellars were getting right around $200 at auction, so even re-sellers were passing on them at that price. I see no reason why the situation won't repeat, if not be even worse - as evidenced by the lack of interest in sets by distributors already.
That would be awesome as it will allow me to get a Willow auto even cheaper. No one should buy this product, ever. Hehehe.

Wait, ok people should only buy this to break it apart so I can buy a Willow. I don't want the rest and I don't want a SMG auto/relic
Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
That would be awesome as it will allow me to get a Willow auto even cheaper. No one should buy this product, ever. Hehehe.

Wait, ok people should only buy this to break it apart so I can buy a Willow. I don't want the rest and I don't want a SMG auto/relic
Don't worry - I feel like the odds are definitely in our favor this time around. Both the Willow and SMG cards will drop substantially..

But with the major lack of sales.. unfortunately this means a TON of sketch cards are just gonna sit in the Rittenhouse warehouse.. what a shame
Old 02-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #43 (permalink)

Uh yea highly doubt you'll see these go low. They'll sit in bin 4ever before given away imo. And not sure why people are dissin the auto relic.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Uh yea highly doubt you'll see these go low. They'll sit in bin 4ever before given away imo. And not sure why people are dissin the auto relic.
310 on eBay already.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
310 on eBay already.
I meant below cost, 275.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I meant below cost, 275.
310 minus fees is pretty close to 275 and it hasn't even released yet. Plus its 8% extra bucks right now so 24 bucks back makes it 286.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #47 (permalink)

Sure, but incentives are the wild card. If someone sells their sketch for $600, they'll have no problem unloading sets at $250 or $225, which pushes the value of the autographs right back near that $200 level.

Not a fan of incentives. At all. They just create the opportunity for those limited few who can acquire them to discount the valuation/collectability of your main product.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #48 (permalink)

Default Buffy Sketch Cards

Just thought I would share some of my Buffy art for the set! Excited for the release!
Attached Thumbnails
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -The Ultimate Collector's Set 2 (Rittenhouse)-collage.jpg  
MikeJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJames View Post
Just thought I would share some of my Buffy art for the set! Excited for the release!
WOW, fantastic work!!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianSaad View Post
Also about the "main character" sketches.. chances of pulling those will be pretty rare, but not completely impossible. I heard that it was such a nightmare to get approvals from actors in the first series that this time some artists were told to sketch "monsters and demons only!" (also, some sketches will only be in black pencil, NO color)
I know it's just one artist, but, ehhhhh, not sure this post has any credibility whatsoever.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote