Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER -The Ultimate Collector's Set 2 (Rittenhouse)

Rittenhouse has posted details and images from the upcoming Buffy Collector's Set Series 2:

https://scifihobby.com/product...ireslayer/ultimate2/

StevieV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rittenhouse makes some of the nicest looking autograph cards. So simple yet so nice on the eye.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

It begins with excellent images of the subject. Others fail miserably in this area.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

great. already sold out
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
great. already sold out
I don't think the information on the top right side of the page is accurate. The release date is for the first Collector set from 2015 so I assume the "Sold Out" designation is for that set also. The release date for this set is February 1.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

It's not sold out. May be allocated, based on orders, though. 600 sets, so if their posted break down of a 5 set order holds true for the entire run - 360 Gellar auto/wardrobes and 120 of each of the Hannigan autos. If you can't order 5 sets to get the sketch card, I'd say to wait. Seems a bit steep for the market right now.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice. A little too expensive for me. Hopefully they can get some moderately priced boxes/sets out.
Uter79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

The first SMG autographs from the last set dipped down a fair amount from the initial price from Rittenhouse. I don't know if I need the SMG or the Hannigan stuff, but if I do, I'm waiting it out this time. Lesson learned last time. haha
Old 01-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

The auto wardrobe reminds me of something inkworks would have designed.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Holy buckets. That is a lot for 7 base cards, 1 metal card, and one auto. So yeah, I'd say not to do unless you get 5. With 5 you get 5 base sets, 2 metal sets, 3 SMG auto wardrobes, and 1 of each hannigan auto, plus a sketch. Still not sure it would be worth it, but you'd have 2 SMG to sellet along with 4 base sets and 1 metal set. And maybe the sketch if you don't want it, but I can't imagine even the SMG will you get your money's worth at double what the last ones went for.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Interesting that the base cards are just the DVD covers. It makes me think the license holder is very strict with what can be used. Otherwise they surely would have produced something original for 7 of the 9 cards in a $400 pack.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Interesting that the base cards are just the DVD covers. It makes me think the license holder is very strict with what can be used. Otherwise they surely would have produced something original for 7 of the 9 cards in a $400 pack.
OR at least throw a few other cards in. Not even necessarily a huge base, just another 7 card insert set or two. I struggle even calling those 7 cards a base set. But there are quite a few buffs inkworks cards out already. Maybe they figured no one really cared about base and Inserts. It really feels like they are just selling $400 autograph cards that could be had for at least half that. Are those 7 base and one metal card really worth $200? HannIgan has an auto already too doesn't she? I can't imagine hers goes for more that $200, or even that, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
The first SMG autographs from the last set dipped down a fair amount from the initial price from Rittenhouse. I don't know if I need the SMG or the Hannigan stuff, but if I do, I'm waiting it out this time. Lesson learned last time. haha
I 110% agree!!! I felt so foolish buying an SMG for $400 direct...Now you can get one for $200 And I hate the fact that now the market will be flooded with Alyson autographs (when her 1998 Inkworks card was the only one available! Now the value of that card will drop! UGH!!!!) For the Buffy completist like myself, this is not good news! Maybe wish they could have stuck with just ONE Hannigan autograph style and maybe got Seth Green to sign a card since he has never had an authentic Buffy autograph card or maybe even a Dual Hannigan/Green card would have been better! Anyways, I WILL get these three new autographs for my complete BUFFY collection ...................................eventually!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Do you think now is a good time to sell sketches from this type of set? seeing as you looks like you might need spend like over like 1200 just get a sketch. Ive been holding onto them cause just didn't think Id have a chance at a decent price, THink I have a nice Alyssa, Sara, and well a monster sketch. These are from 2015 release.

Should I wait for release? Think people be more in mind to buy these then?

Thanks
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
HannIgan has an auto already too doesn't she? I can't imagine hers goes for more that $200, or even that, but maybe I'm wrong.
She does, but it's not cheap at all. It's a season 1 Buffy auto that I don't think pops up too often. There are two BIN's up right now for $589 and a graded one at $699. I think that those who have the Inkworks auto should be disappointed that there will be new ones because it will reduce the value of the Inkworks auto. It's inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMOON1970 View Post
I 110% agree!!! I felt so foolish buying an SMG for $400 direct...Now you can get one for $200 And I hate the fact that now the market will be flooded with Alyson autographs (when her 1998 Inkworks card was the only one available! Now the value of that card will drop! UGH!!!!) For the Buffy completist like myself, this is not good news! Maybe wish they could have stuck with just ONE Hannigan autograph style and maybe got Seth Green to sign a card since he has never had an authentic Buffy autograph card or maybe even a Dual Hannigan/Green card would have been better! Anyways, I WILL get these three new autographs for my complete BUFFY collection ...................................eventually!
Far and away my poorest decision since I started collecting non-sports. But, it was Buffy so I had to have it like many of us Buffy fans. haha I agree completely about Seth Green. He is definitely the biggest void left from the show now that SMG finally signed.

As far as Hannigan, I was actually lucky enough to meet her at a convention forever ago. That's why I personally am up in the air if I'll go after one of hers. The auto'd wardrobe is probably on my horizon though. haha
Old 01-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Release date has been changed to February 22.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uter79 View Post
Nice. A little too expensive for me.
Pretty much where I'm at. I'm glad they're putting the product out, since it means this stuff will be on the market and addable to my collection later on, if I want. I just won't be a buyer off the bat.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

I would love this, but think it's kind of BS to only include sketches as an incentive. I think it Would be nice to have a few seeded into the product.

Also, I'd be highly disappointed to pull a SMG when the Hannigan is the main draw to me... I liked the SMG release format better...though Everything seemed to be bought up way too fast in chase of the sketches....

Essentially buying a $400 (random) autograph...with a couple cards thrown in...but LOVE the sketches that I'll never get (No sarcasm here, They're awesome and I love Desbois)

Last edited by rickstaman05; 01-06-2017 at 11:38 PM.
rickstaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Eh, I'll just wait and pick up a Hannigan as a single. Doubt they'll run more then taking a shot at 1 and getting a SMG instead.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Even though they look great as cards I find it a little lazy that they took the DVD covers and used those images for the set.
Chuck Bartowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Rittenhouse has been home to some of my favourite trading card sets, but these Buffy releases are terribly disappointing. Aside from a price point which excludes most fans, having DVD covers as 7/9 of the pack contents is just lazy.
poita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

admit the way they are doing this is very poor, but guess we will see how it goes,

Last edited by Sharard; 01-17-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

This was an easy pass at $399.99 but I have an opportunity now to get it at $299.99. Do you think it's worth it at this price? Buying 5 sets would guarantee one of each auto plus a sketch.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

It's a much tougher call at that price but personally I would still pass unless you feel confident about getting a sketch of a main character.

As the base set is a reproduction of the DVD covers it has little to no value and I expect the autographs to sell in the $200 to $250 range. Really depends on what the new element of the metal set sells for and how good your sketch is.
triplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefrog View Post
It's a much tougher call at that price but personally I would still pass unless you feel confident about getting a sketch of a main character.

As the base set is a reproduction of the DVD covers it has little to no value and I expect the autographs to sell in the $200 to $250 range. Really depends on what the new element of the metal set sells for and how good your sketch is.
+1 I agree 100%. I would still pass also.