Blowout Cards Forums
Bryce harper

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit C10 View Post
ORIGINAL FLEER ULTRA SPIDERMAN 2017 CARD ART-TOM FLEMING | eBay

Looks like this will be one of the cards in the set...and boy is it pretty!

The original art used to make the card is too expensive for me, but I know there are some heavy hitters around here who may want this spiderman art in their collection.
What a beauty
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

Mr. Fleming might be stuck in the approval queue. I swear I saw "Tom Fleming" as our newest member on the bottom of the main page yesterday. It took me a moment, but I knew I recognized that name. Hopefully it was/is him and just waiting to get approved.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

There are a couple of pieces of Dave Dorman's original art from the set on sale here.

Dorman, Dave – More Great Art
slayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayve View Post
There are a couple of pieces of Dave Dorman's original art from the set on sale here.

Dorman, Dave More Great Art
Nice find!

Keeps getting better and better with this set.
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

I am awaiting approval of the 12 box case reverse pack draft for Inner Case 1 and 2. Everyone has 2 shots at a #1 pick
Old 02-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #31 (permalink)

Love the inserts in this. Such gorgeous art too!
shaqfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #32 (permalink)

Default Fleer Ultra Spiderman 2017

Hey folks,
Just want to say Hi, as I saw that gambit C10 posted my auction (thanks man). This set was a lot of fun and it was great to work with a bunch of my buddies from the original Ultra spiderman sets! If anyone is interested in the original art and has any questions just let me know.....

Tom
Tom Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to FlashKV0785

Im not going to say this set will suck, but it doesn't have any flare for me with them making sets too large to collect - and dumping too many separate set features into one, without any true unity to the originals.

I'll probably buy a box or two, don't need anymore high end sets. Really excited about the original art by some great artists.. but guessing I won't be able to snag a base set like MM16 without spending thousands.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashKV0785 View Post

I'll probably buy a box or two, don't need anymore high end sets. Really excited about the original art by some great artists.. but guessing I won't be able to snag a base set like MM16 without spending thousands.
Let's do some math. 5 cards per pack and 12 packs per box. There is no mention of base being numbered or falling into odd tiers like MM16.

Since this is a premium set, 2 of the 5 cards per pack are probably inserts. 1 card will probably be a parallel like the silver base parallel and last 2 cards are probably base. So worst case 24 base cards per box. Assuming you don't get hit too hard with duplicates you'd need a little over 4 boxes to get a base set. Let's same 5 or 6 to play it safe and if you get hit hard with the duplicates bug, you may only need to hit ebay or comc for the final few needs.

So let's say you get 5 boxes ($675) and pick up rest of needs via other methods, you'll likely spend around $700. Obviously it'll be way cheaper to buy base cards then busting open boxes, but it's more fun doing it the box route.

Basically, from what info we have it doesn't look like a base set will be all that expensive to make. You can afford it! No worries.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Fleming View Post
Hey folks,
Just want to say Hi, as I saw that gambit C10 posted my auction (thanks man). This set was a lot of fun and it was great to work with a bunch of my buddies from the original Ultra spiderman sets! If anyone is interested in the original art and has any questions just let me know.....

Tom
Welcome to the boards. Beautiful piece! Wish I had the budget.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's do some math. 5 cards per pack and 12 packs per box. There is no mention of base being numbered or falling into odd tiers like MM16.

Since this is a premium set, 2 of the 5 cards per pack are probably inserts. 1 card will probably be a parallel like the silver base parallel and last 2 cards are probably base. So worst case 24 base cards per box. Assuming you don't get hit too hard with duplicates you'd need a little over 4 boxes to get a base set. Let's same 5 or 6 to play it safe and if you get hit hard with the duplicates bug, you may only need to hit ebay or comc for the final few needs.

So let's say you get 5 boxes ($675) and pick up rest of needs via other methods, you'll likely spend around $700. Obviously it'll be way cheaper to buy base cards then busting open boxes, but it's more fun doing it the box route.

Basically, from what info we have it doesn't look like a base set will be all that expensive to make. You can afford it! No worries.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but you are making a lot of assumptions there.

I really thought hard about pre-ordering, but I have many of the same reservations as Flash. The direction Upperdeck is going with thier products is contradictory to the direction I'm going with my spending. If complete base sets are affordable, I'm a buyer. If they end up pulling another MM16, I'm probably done with thier products for good.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

I think its just time to adjust your thoughts on a complete set. MM16 was very affordable, especially now if willing to accept 1-81 as regular level set and the 82-90 as a high level set.

I understand that the idea of a set should be 1 set of rarity but I also see the view of making some parts of a set hard to get just like they do with a lot of sets both in sports and non sports.

I mean get 90 percent of the base set right now for about 100 bucks. the what if like 125 or so.

The big thing is to wait it out and not want it right when it comes out. especially if this goes to epack, then prices will drop a lot. And no reason I don't see not going e pack route eventually.

Last edited by Sharard; 02-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

I didn't realize the definition of 'complete' was up for debate.

Nobody has to adjust their thoughts about anything. If I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. I'm not going to continue spending my money on Upperdeck products if they aren't making the type of products I want to spend money on. The hobby, in general, is moving in a direction that I do not enjoy. So I'm spending my money elsewhere. New people are coming in to replace me. Its no big deal.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #39 (permalink)

I myself look forward to this release, looks like some artists are excited to have their work seen. Guess we will see how comes in the wash.

Last edited by Sharard; 02-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'm not saying you are wrong, but you are making a lot of assumptions there.

I really thought hard about pre-ordering, but I have many of the same reservations as Flash. The direction Upperdeck is going with thier products is contradictory to the direction I'm going with my spending. If complete base sets are affordable, I'm a buyer. If they end up pulling another MM16, I'm probably done with thier products for good.

Oh you can same I'm wrong! No biggie.

I have the same reservations but I also didn't want to miss out should prices sky rocket. The vibe I got reading the article was that the base set was harder to complete when compared to the previous retro set but way easier than MM16. Of course that could all change once we get better info.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

I have the same reservations but I also didn't want to miss out should prices sky rocket. The vibe I got reading the article was that the base set was harder to complete when compared to the previous retro set but way easier than MM16. Of course that could all change once we get better info.
Hey, you could be right.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

Hoping you are right about the base set difficulty. Be nice to have a medium between the easy-to-complete previous Retro sets (that sell for $10 on eBay), and the MM16 set that sells for over a thousand. I think with less cards/box than the 13 and 15 Retro releases, this may indeed be the case.

As much as I love affordable base sets, the collector in me was never a fan of the $2 Rittenhouse base sets that you cant give away if you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaEtch View Post
Hoping you are right about the base set difficulty. Be nice to have a medium between the easy-to-complete previous Retro sets (that sell for $10 on eBay), and the MM16 set that sells for over a thousand. I think with less cards/box than the 13 and 15 Retro releases, this may indeed be the case.

As much as I love affordable base sets, the collector in me was never a fan of the $2 Rittenhouse base sets that you cant give away if you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I'm guessing 1 box of this may be fairly similar to a mini box of retro except all of the big hits are in one mini box. I guess it depends on how difficult they want to make the base set.

Thinking back to MM16 it's also possible that a pack may have more parallels than base cards. It seems this product has more inserts to chase and a couple parallels that appear to be common. There could be packs with 1 base card.

Or it could be 3-4 base per pack if this product is similar to 15 Retro. I remember getting a full 60 card base set with 10 or 15 dupes and looking at cardboard connection site is was about 75% base per box. For this set that would be 45 base cards.

At its price point I'm guessing it might be slightly less due to number of inserts and 8 fewer packs per box than 15 Retro to spread out base/inserts.

If it's 1 per pack or 4 per pack, it's still going to take at least two boxes. For me, like you, I find that fun that there is a bit of a chase to get a full base set.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #44 (permalink)

Here some info that I guess will make or break some people getting it. Its copy pasted from another website.

Fleer Ultra Spider-Man Trading Cards Box (Upper Deck 2017) (Presell)
Look for Sketch Cards, Cut Comic Panels, Autograph Coin Cards, Printing Plates, Web Cards, and more!
Designed for fans of Marvel comics as well as the nostalgic collector who appreciates the iconic trading card sets of the '90s!
100 Card Base Set PLUS 4 Different Subsets, All Featuring Original Art! Collect 145 unique illustrations printed across the base and sub sets; featuring famed artists: Greg Hildebrandt, Mark Texeira, Bob Larkin, Bill Sienkiewicz, Simone Bianchi, Luis Royo and more!
Look For Throwback-Inspired Insert Designs! Including:
- Metal Blaster
- EX Century (with Hobby Exclusive Purple Tint Parallel #'d to the card number
- Precious Metal Gems:
Red #'d to 99
Blue #'d to 49
Green #'d to 10
Purple #'d to 5
Gold #'d to 1
- Jambalaya
- Royal Foil #'d to 99:
Pattern 1 #'d to 25
Pattern 2 #'d to 10
- Holoblast Hologram
- Preserved Amber:
Version 1 #'d to 175
Version 2 #'d to 15
Version 3 #'d to 5

Manufactured Webbing cards! The Upper Deck tradition of innovation continues with the introduction of unprecedented web cards! Collect three tiers of rarity across these unique cards!
- Spider-Man Webbing #'d to 49
- Venom Webbing #'d to 25
- Carnage Webbing #'d to 10
Look for 1 of 1, original art sketch cards PLUS Plexi-sketch cards, hand drawn original artwork on see-through plastic cards!
Find Cut Comic Panel Cards - featuring some of the most iconic comic panels from the spectacular illustrated history of the Webslinger!
Collect Autographed Coin Cards - Signed by comic creators who helped spin the web of Spidey stories!
1995 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man Foil-Stamped Buyback Cards - Recapture the original complete base set from 1995! Hard to find!
Printing Plate cards - Collect unique cards made from the printing plates that created some of the set!

12 Boxes Per Case, 12 Packs Per Box, 5 Cards Per Pack

Its look like there will be a retail release as I saw at least one hobby exclusive mentioned

Last edited by Sharard; 02-11-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #45 (permalink)

This set has something for everyone. Should be a fun set! And I hope it goes to epack! If there is a retail version, then maybe that would be a fun/cheap base set for set collectors to chase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Here some info that I guess will make or break some people getting it. Its copy pasted from another website.

Fleer Ultra Spider-Man Trading Cards Box (Upper Deck 2017) (Presell)
Look for Sketch Cards, Cut Comic Panels, Autograph Coin Cards, Printing Plates, Web Cards, and more!
Designed for fans of Marvel comics as well as the nostalgic collector who appreciates the iconic trading card sets of the '90s!
100 Card Base Set PLUS 4 Different Subsets, All Featuring Original Art! Collect 145 unique illustrations printed across the base and sub sets; featuring famed artists: Greg Hildebrandt, Mark Texeira, Bob Larkin, Bill Sienkiewicz, Simone Bianchi, Luis Royo and more!
Look For Throwback-Inspired Insert Designs! Including:
- Metal Blaster
- EX Century (with Hobby Exclusive Purple Tint Parallel #'d to the card number
- Precious Metal Gems:
Red #'d to 99
Blue #'d to 49
Green #'d to 10
Purple #'d to 5
Gold #'d to 1
- Jambalaya
- Royal Foil #'d to 99:
Pattern 1 #'d to 25
Pattern 2 #'d to 10
- Holoblast Hologram
- Preserved Amber:
Version 1 #'d to 175
Version 2 #'d to 15
Version 3 #'d to 5

Manufactured Webbing cards! The Upper Deck tradition of innovation continues with the introduction of unprecedented web cards! Collect three tiers of rarity across these unique cards!
- Spider-Man Webbing #'d to 49
- Venom Webbing #'d to 25
- Carnage Webbing #'d to 10
Look for 1 of 1, original art sketch cards PLUS Plexi-sketch cards, hand drawn original artwork on see-through plastic cards!
Find Cut Comic Panel Cards - featuring some of the most iconic comic panels from the spectacular illustrated history of the Webslinger!
Collect Autographed Coin Cards - Signed by comic creators who helped spin the web of Spidey stories!
1995 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man Foil-Stamped Buyback Cards - Recapture the original complete base set from 1995! Hard to find!
Printing Plate cards - Collect unique cards made from the printing plates that created some of the set!

12 Boxes Per Case, 12 Packs Per Box, 5 Cards Per Pack

Its look like there will be a retail release as I saw at least one hobby exclusive mentioned
finfangfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #46 (permalink)

reverse pack draft is now up

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/j...ack-draft.html
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #47 (permalink)

Default Ultra Spiderman 2017 Wolverine card

Hey folks,
Thought I would share another Ultra Spiderman piece that I did for the new set. They are using this one for the promo's. Hit me with any questions....

ORIGINAL FLEER ULTRA SPIDERMAN 2017 CARD ART-WOLVERINE-TOM FLEMING | eBay

Tom
Tom Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hester72598 View Post
only 3 spots left in this
Old 03-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL FLEER ULTRA SPIDERMAN 2017 CARD ART-DEATHLOK-TOM FLEMING | eBay
Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Wow... that looks awesome! I doubt I will be able to afford this set + GotG2 though. Both sets will sell tons.

finfangfan is online now   Reply With Quote