Blowout Cards Forums
Mike Trout

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #101 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I like Spider-man and wouldn't have minded a box or two, but with no odds, and possibly later down the line epacks, am a little concerned on the transparency of it all really.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Thanks for the info. I like Spider-man and wouldn't have minded a box or two, but with no odds, and possibly later down the line epacks, am a little concerned on the transparency of it all really.
Upperdeck is not known for transparency
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Pick up a promo and I think you'll be comfortable in a box or two purchase. Card stock appears to be similar to MM16 in terms of thickness so it's definitely a more premium-type set. The art is also quite nice.

To me box #1 will be full of ohhhhs and ahhhs mixed with an expletive when finding a box hit. Should be a nostalgia filled relaxing break. A must for any spiderman fan!

Though I do agree some info would be great with release coming soon
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:27 PM   #104 (permalink)
Upper Deck

Quote:
The checklist has been sent out this morning. It should be popping up on Beckett and similar sites sooner rather than later.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
The checklist has been sent out this morning. It should be popping up on Beckett and similar sites sooner rather than later.
Thanks for confirming this, very useful.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit C10 View Post
Pick up a promo and I think you'll be comfortable in a box or two purchase. Card stock appears to be similar to MM16 in terms of thickness so it's definitely a more premium-type set. The art is also quite nice.

To me box #1 will be full of ohhhhs and ahhhs mixed with an expletive when finding a box hit. Should be a nostalgia filled relaxing break. A must for any spiderman fan!

Though I do agree some info would be great with release coming soon
I was pretty disappointed there were no promos at the Philly NSCS this past weekend.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #107 (permalink)

Sweet thanks for posting.
A checklist in advance will be wonderful.
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #108 (permalink)

Can somebody post a link to the checklist on whatever site it will come on.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Can somebody post a link to the checklist on whatever site it will come on.
I would look later today, or tomorrow as CC is fairly good about updating.

2017 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man Checklist, Boxes, Set Info, Odds, Reviews
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:39 AM   #110 (permalink)

Well here's hoping to see a checklist today but wouldn't surprise me nothing comes out till end of the week.

Wonder how many sketches per 6 box case there will be. I'm guessing three.
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Well here's hoping to see a checklist today but wouldn't surprise me nothing comes out till end of the week.

Wonder how many sketches per 6 box case there will be. I'm guessing three.
Hopeful for a checklist today as well.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 AM   #112 (permalink)

So it this set confirmed as coming out on the same day as Star Wars 40th (May 3rd)?
Really wished these two products weren't at the same time!
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #113 (permalink)

I can't find the checklist anywhere yet? Will it be today it's published somewhere? Why don't Upper Deck just put it on their website?

Last edited by richo; 04-25-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #114 (permalink)

Still no published checklist following that note on Monday from Upper Deck.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #115 (permalink)

I think its looking more like Monday or Tuesday of next week now. Hope I am wrong.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #116 (permalink)

Now would be a perfect time for UD to drop the checklist considering Topps just dropped the 40th
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #117 (permalink)

ya, pretty disappointing not a sniff of a checklist anywhere. Ive seen some of the sketches, some are not my style, but still hoping for a strong release. One thing like about upper deck is pretty strict on pricing and this not a typical product to drop in price quickly. Unlike marvel gems, this least has a better pedigree of subject and a summer movie. I am very worried about print run though.

Last edited by Sharard; 04-26-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
ya, pretty disappointing not a sniff of a checklist anywhere. Ive seen some of the sketches, some are not my style, but still hoping for a strong release. One thing like about upper deck is pretty strict on pricing and this not a typical product to drop in price quickly. Unlike marvel gems, this least has a better pedigree of subject and a summer movie. I am very worried about print run though.
What's really disappointing about the lack of checklist is that per UpperDeckMatt on 4/24, in this thread, UD is not controlling the release of their own info. It's been two days now and UD is so messed up PR-wise that they are not promoting their own products, but instead meekly sending an email or release to other press outlets, who are then expected to beat the drum?

It's 2017, Upper Deck. Control your own message. Send out a press release far and wide. Publish your checklists on your own site. Post a tweet, FB message, something from official verified accounts.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #119 (permalink)

^^ Agree!!
Why not control your own product and releases?
Will all the different parallels that this release has either the cases are going to be loaded or a pretty high print run.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #120 (permalink)

Ya, I'm worried about print run too as seems plentiful at all the major sellers. Though I know the yo yo information of three release dates didn't help sell this.

And wonder what it takes to make it an e pack product. JJMM was successful , but marvel annual was a complete bust, and odd of that far as I know marvel gems hasn't hit epack yet. Thought be prime for epack release.

Tuesday will be interesting if Upper Deck doesn't change release again. I know quite a few didn't order Spider-Man cause of all the date changes.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #121 (permalink)

But upper deck doesn't print to order. Do they? That being said I believe the pre-order window was roughly 4 to 6 months ago.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
But upper deck doesn't print to order. Do they? That being said I believe the pre-order window was roughly 4 to 6 months ago.
Ya, but does seem upper deck lets out only so much at a time to keep supplies seem kinda limited when not. I know they did this with JJMM.. Every time when though sold out, seemed sellers where always able get cases and price was higher too. I don't see that happening though here, think prices will be same for awhile if not drop after the 90 day window,
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Ya, but does seem upper deck lets out only so much at a time to keep supplies seem kinda limited when not. I know they did this with JJMM.. Every time when though sold out, seemed sellers where always able get cases and price was higher too. I don't see that happening though here, think prices will be same for awhile if not drop after the 90 day window,
I don't recall supplies leaking out, so much as the price per case went high and stayed high over presale. I believe the community here also concluded that supplies were constrained due to UD sending massive quantities of physical product to COMC for ePacks, which we didn't know existed to drain supply at the time.

Now that we know about ePacks and we pretty much know that there isn't a 20+ year pent up demand for FUSM, I can see the pricing and availability following the Gems model.
I predict there will be plenty of supply from all distribution sources and prices will drop some, but not below preorder.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:39 AM   #124 (permalink)

What the heck is going on with this checklist? lol. Or wider info in general?!

Why isn't that cardboard site publishing it if it was available Monday? Is it maybe embargoed then?
Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 AM   #125 (permalink)

Ya, think been better if the upper deck said nothing here rather raise hopes on a checklist soon. Handled rather badly