Blowout Cards Forums
kris bryant

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
The thing I don't like about this epack carry on, is for instance how many PMG golds are in physical vs epacks..? Nobody will ever know right?
Great point.
Seems like a lot of the 1/1 red spectrums in MM2016 came via epack
Also makes it tough IMO for dealers to invest in cases with epack options
I would also sell these sealed and be done with it.

Seems like it is geared for an epack release with heavy parallels and a lot of achievements
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
The thing I don't like about this epack carry on, is for instance how many PMG golds are in physical vs epacks..? Nobody will ever know right?
Yeah, just like it seemed like all the good Red Spectrum cards in MM16 was on ePack. And the ability to trade easily is a great benefit of ePack. I have a feeling that the prices on the physical boxes would eventually tank on this release, so it might be better off to wait.

My math was wrong on my previous post. I'm getting 72 packs, not 60, in a mini-case. With regular sketches at 1:80 and Plexi-sketches at 1:1100, I have a 96.5% chance of getting one measly sketch. Ehh.
Half Vaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #178 (permalink)

I'll stick with my few boxes, but I wouldn't buy any more. I don't like the whole epack idea. For me it's geared towards the manufacturers more than the customers. I like the physical feel and opening of packs. I don't think cards are suited to digital media, but when it's cheap and easy to do, it's probably inevitable this channel will grow.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #179 (permalink)

Hey at least the base set looks amazing from the photos shown so far and it does not appear that there are tiers for base unlike MM2016
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
i wondered if UD did not make the card set with his movie since it was rated R? did UD think this was NOT kid /collector appropriate (I loved the movie, but no way would i ever let a child watch it) I guessed that was why UD didn't do a set with deadpool
I didn't mean a Movie release, specifically. Just a Deadpool comic release.

FYI the rights for the fox movies are up for grabs. UDE only has the license for Marvel Studios movies. I bet a set will drop for the the second movie.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I didn't mean a Movie release, specifically. Just a Deadpool comic release.

FYI the rights for the fox movies are up for grabs. UDE only has the license for Marvel Studios movies. I bet a set will drop for the the second movie.
that's kinda cool to know, Id be down for a deadpool Set .. Out of curiosity, how often do these rights come up for bids? and are they contracted out? like a yearly or multi year deal?

all these different studios having rights to different marvel brands are quite confusing
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
Hey at least the base set looks amazing from the photos shown so far and it does not appear that there are tiers for base unlike MM2016
I agree, the set's one redeeming quality is that the artwork released so far looks great. I like having a variety of different artists on this set. Let's hope the collection turns out more like MM95 than MM93, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #183 (permalink)

So is it possible that the checklist released is actually just for the ePacks? Seems like ludicrous odds for hobby boxes, but it's right on par with an ePack release similar to Dr. Strange.

This is the hope I'm holding on to at least.
dave23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
They missed Tony Perna on the checklist for sketch card artists. He got the okay that all of his sketch cards were approved.

www.pernastudios.deviantart.com
www.facebook.com/groups/Pernastudios
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #185 (permalink)

The odds are correct. I asked Upper Deck. You'll get 1 Sketch per inner case, either standard or plexi. 2 per full case.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElainePerna View Post
They missed Tony Perna on the checklist for sketch card artists. He got the okay that all of his sketch cards were approved.
That is Fantastic news

Quote:
The odds are correct. I asked Upper Deck. You'll get 1 Sketch per inner case, either standard or plexi. 2 per full case.
That is not fantastic news.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that's dumb.
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit C10 View Post
Well that's dumb.
Yup. That was the deciding factor in me not pre-ordering any more. Glad I waited.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #189 (permalink)

Well, I'm going to say screw it and will be opening three cases worth.. I know I will lose big time, but this stage in my life what the hey. So any of you looking for singles from this, give me a holler. I'm very disappointed in the release, but I just love opening Marvel stuff. I should be able to put together a few base sets anyway.
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #190 (permalink)

^ good luck. The art quality looks very high, so let's hope the value and desirability holds up regardless of the mean sketch odds.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
^ good luck. The art quality looks very high, so let's hope the value and desirability holds up regardless of the mean sketch odds.
agreed. If your into it, then get after it. Should be a fun break for ya. From my end, and others who are dealers or own shops, based on the checklist, it's not something that I "have" to have. Especially if it seems like it is trending in the more watered down direction. I feel okay playing the wait-and-see approach on this.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #192 (permalink)
Upper Deck

Hey Guys,

I wanted to post a reply here to help quell some potential concerns. Trust me when I say that I read through these forums at least once every hour to see what's going on in the world. I may not be able to respond to every post, but I am absolutely listening and observing. Your comments and concerns DO NOT fall on deaf ears.
  • The current pack setup for any individual pack should contain 2-3 base cards, and a combination of two cards from the Foil Parallels, Legacy, Milestones, Deadpool Across America, Teamups, and Marvel Metal.
  • As you may have seen, the master case is broken down into two inners with six boxes in each. Inside each inner, you should receive...
    • 6 Ex-Century Cards
    • 5 PMGs
    • 1 Jambalaya
    • 1 Holoblast Hologram
    • 1-2 Artist Autos
    • 1-2 1995 Buybacks
    • 1-2 Royal Foil
    • 1 Sketch or Plexi-Sketch Card
    • 2-3 Preserved Amber
    • 0-1 Cut Comic Panels/Coin Cards
    • Web Cards are much tougher, and are roughly 1 in 4 inners ( or 1 in 2 masters)
  • An Upper Deck e-Pack release is currently planned, but the release date is still TBD.
  • Similar to 2016 Marvel Masterpieces all cards on Upper Deck e-Pack will be transferable to COMC. This includes the base cards and all purchased cards will be physical!
  • In addition, all ratios from hobby will be identical for the Upper Deck e-Pack version. No version of this product (e-Pack or Hobby) will receive more hits or better content than the other, excluding the e-Pack achievement cards.

This product is by far one of the largest releases we have done in a while. And we want it to be one of the best too. I will be bouncing in and out of this thread answering questions posted here when I can to help give you as much information as possible. I will also be posting pictures of a break I will do in the coming days.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
Hey Guys,

I wanted to post a reply here to help quell some potential concerns. Trust me when I say that I read through these forums at least once every hour to see what's going on in the world. I may not be able to respond to every post, but I am absolutely listening and observing. Your comments and concerns DO NOT fall on deaf ears.
  • The current pack setup for any individual pack should contain 2-3 base cards, and a combination of two cards from the Foil Parallels, Legacy, Milestones, Deadpool Across America, Teamups, and Marvel Metal.
  • As you may have seen, the master case is broken down into two inners with six boxes in each. Inside each inner, you should receive...
    • 6 Ex-Century Cards
    • 5 PMGs
    • 1 Jambalaya
    • 1 Holoblast Hologram
    • 1-2 Artist Autos
    • 1-2 1995 Buybacks
    • 1-2 Royal Foil
    • 1 Sketch or Plexi-Sketch Card
    • 2-3 Preserved Amber
    • 0-1 Cut Comic Panels/Coin Cards
    • Web Cards are much tougher, and are roughly 1 in 4 inners ( or 1 in 2 masters)
  • An Upper Deck e-Pack release is currently planned, but the release date is still TBD.
  • Similar to 2016 Marvel Masterpieces all cards on Upper Deck e-Pack will be transferable to COMC. This includes the base cards and all purchased cards will be physical!
  • In addition, all ratios from hobby will be identical for the Upper Deck e-Pack version. No version of this product (e-Pack or Hobby) will receive more hits or better content than the other, excluding the e-Pack achievement cards.

This product is by far one of the largest releases we have done in a while. And we want it to be one of the best too. I will be bouncing in and out of this thread answering questions posted here when I can to help give you as much information as possible. I will also be posting pictures of a break I will do in the coming days.
This is the post that should have come out on 4/24.
Thanks for the detail. It still won't get me buying sealed product, but I will be around buying singles here and there.
The sketch rarity is brutal.
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #194 (permalink)

Thanks Matt for the information. Anytime we can get direct reps from the companies themselves engaging with the customer/dealer/shop owner base, it's a good thing. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #195 (permalink)

Really appreciate the info. I guess we all expected sketches to be more prevalent than 1 per case. I'm hoping your quality control is good cause getting a sub par sketch as main hit really sucks. Here's hoping people will want to chase all the different things in the release
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #196 (permalink)

Thanks, UpperDeckMatt. At 735 Spider-Man, 250 Venom and 70 Carnage (1055 total) Webbing cards and 1:2 case odds, that works out to ~2110 master cases, or ~4220 mini cases.

Is this the closest info you can give to the exact size of the product release? Can you disclose what percent of the product will be reserved for ePack release?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
that's kinda cool to know, Id be down for a deadpool Set .. Out of curiosity, how often do these rights come up for bids? and are they contracted out? like a yearly or multi year deal?

all these different studios having rights to different marvel brands are quite confusing
I honestly don't know. I've always assumed it was a 1 year contract with a built in option for renewal, but that is just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElainePerna View Post
It wouldn't be premium without a few sketches from Tony!
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
taking the PMGs for example
50 different names on the checklist
that alone is
9,950 bronze
4,950 red
2500 blue
500 green
250 purple
50 plates
50 gold

Total 18,250 PMG cards a lone.
Minor correction: there are 2450 blue (#/49) and 18,200 total PMGs, but otherwise it looks about right.

I just realized UpperDeckMatt mentioned five PMGs in the inner case break. That gives us ~3640 inner and ~1820 master cases.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #199 (permalink)

Thanks for update Matt. A bit bummed about sketches but am reassured that there is plenty of value in the boxes. 5 PMGs, 1 holo, 1 sketch, 1 jambalaya in 6-box inner case sounds pretty darn good especially when considering other limited run cards included.
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #200 (permalink)

Artist autos as hits generally suck. Would much rather more ART which they sign anyway. The recent decrease in sketch numbers is my reason for bailing on this crap.

Good luck to those who rip. I'm disappointed.
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote