Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to mjbentzen
Default Who are the artist?

Friend of mine gave these to me to list and sell, but know nothing about them. Anyone tell me what they are worth and who the artist is?

Always looking to buy Game Used or Autographs for $1-$2 each!
Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Kings Autographs? I am building these sets!

Last edited by mjbentzen; 12-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.
mjbentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can not tell who the first one is by, but the middle one is by John Czop and the last is by Bob Larkin. I could be interested in the Czop depending on the price.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I can not tell who the first one is by, but the middle one is by John Czop and the last is by Bob Larkin. I could be interested in the Czop depending on the price.
whats the book values? I have no clue. Notice that his sketch cards bring an array of prices... some $120+ some $25.

Do you know anyone that has 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Queens Autographs #12, #15, or

Last edited by mjbentzen; 11-24-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is no reliable book value on sketches as each is technically a 1/1. Some sketches can sell as low as $0.01 (or even fail to get bids) and some can go for good money. On recent sold Czop cards, the high water mark was $128 and low of about $50 but those all had full color backgrounds and some with multiple characters.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

The first two cards are from Marvel Creator's Collection, which was the first widely released sketch series, and can be very highly sought after.

The first card is Mariano Nicieza -- this is a common artist and a common character, it would probably bring $5-20.

The Czop is a much more desirable card. He didn't draw many of this particular character, and he did few color cards in this set. It's tough to value this card because of it's rarity, and it really all depends on who is chasing this card. I'd guess the value to be $60-250, and yes, the range really is that big. I'd be surprised to see this card sell for less than $100, and if the right people are bidding it could easily top $200. The only way I could see this card selling for less than $100 is if people think it was altered after it was pack-pulled.

Make sure when you are looking at comparable values for that you are looking at cards from the same set. It can make a HUGE difference.

Check out the sketch card forum Scoundrel: scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/, they have a section for older Marvel cards on there.

I have no information about the value of the Larkin sketch, although this series tends to not be very popular.

Good luck!

Jon
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
The first two cards are from Marvel Creator's Collection, which was the first widely released sketch series, and can be very highly sought after.

The first card is Mariano Nicieza -- this is a common artist and a common character, it would probably bring $5-20.

The Czop is a much more desirable card. He didn't draw many of this particular character, and he did few color cards in this set. It's tough to value this card because of it's rarity, and it really all depends on who is chasing this card. I'd guess the value to be $60-250, and yes, the range really is that big. I'd be surprised to see this card sell for less than $100, and if the right people are bidding it could easily top $200. The only way I could see this card selling for less than $100 is if people think it was altered after it was pack-pulled.

Make sure when you are looking at comparable values for that you are looking at cards from the same set. It can make a HUGE difference.

Check out the sketch card forum Scoundrel: scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/, they have a section for older Marvel cards on there.

I have no information about the value of the Larkin sketch, although this series tends to not be very popular.

Good luck!

Jon

Thanks, I listed the Czop at $250 OBO, got $120 offer so I took it, and listed the Nicieza at $25 OBO and got a $22 so I took it too...

Still have the Terminator Sketch.