Blowout Cards Forums
2017 topps her bb

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
You can see that the card itself is not faded, smudged, cut off or offcenter -- you don't need someone to tell you the card is crap. Why pay to grade the card like a chump?
Not going to beat a dead horse to the ground. I already made my arguments on this subject. You strike me as someone who collects sticker autographs. To paraphrase you "Why pay for a card never touched by the celebrity like a chump?" But to answer your question, it's how I chose to spend my money.

The funny thing is, I just happened to check out your EBAY store. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Topps-S...EAAOSw9GhYZCV5

Don't be a hypocrite CHUMP!

Last edited by dukestr89; 02-16-2017 at 06:53 AM.
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,736
Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I don't collect soft signed cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
Not going to beat a dead horse to the ground. I already made my arguments on this subject. You strike me as someone who collects sticker autographs. To paraphrase you "Why pay for a card never touched by the celebrity like a chump?" But to answer your question, it's how I chose to spend my money.
I hate sticker autographs for the very reason you stated. I was merely pointing out that your specious argument against grading autographs applies equally as well to grading cards.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,736
Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
Not going to beat a dead horse to the ground. I already made my arguments on this subject. You strike me as someone who collects sticker autographs. To paraphrase you "Why pay for a card never touched by the celebrity like a chump?" But to answer your question, it's how I chose to spend my money.

The funny thing is, I just happened to check out your EBAY store. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Topps-Star-Wars-High-Tek-Carrie-Fisher-Leia-Autograph-Gold-4-50-BGS-9-5-10-/132078339911?hash=item1ec07b8747:g:UxEAAOSw9GhYZCV5

Don't be a hypocrite CHUMP!
What on Earth!? I always pay for the autograph grade! My post was mocking you, btw.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:50 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 3,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
I've submitted to both companies quite a few times over the years and got far more BGS 9.5s than PSA 10s. To me there's a reason why most flippers turn to BGS for their grading and there's a reason why PSA 10s sell for more money. If you don't think PSA is more strict than BGS, that's you're opinion and that's fine. But I do. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

I was trying to say they both can go either way really. Sometimes PSA can be strict, sometimes BGS can be strict. I think the "strictness" mostly lies in the fact that PSA doesn't have subgrades. If a card has a 9 centering then its going to be a PSA 9, where as a card can still be a BGS 9.5.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Uh why not compare PSA 10s to BGS 10s if you're going to say who grades more strictly than the other?

I am 100% in disagreement with your statement.
You cant compare BGS 10s to PSA 10s, they are not the same thing. PSA 10s and BGS 9.5s are Gem Mint which allows for very minor imperfections, where as a BGS 10 is Pristine allowing one area a minor flaw and a Black Label is flawless.
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
For Trade: www.bstcollectibles.com
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
What on Earth!? I always pay for the autograph grade! My post was mocking you, btw.
Don't see how you're mocking me. If you want, give me a dollar for all the autographs you are selling and I'll give you an opinion on it. So between the two of us, who's the real Chump? This is where you'd be better off just letting it go cause your argument is weak.
dukestr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DC
Posts: 2,736
Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
Don't see how you're mocking me. If you want, give me a dollar for all the autographs you are selling and I'll give you an opinion on it. So between the two of us, who's the real Chump? This is where you'd be better off just letting it go cause your argument is weak.
I feel like you're only reading a tiny fraction of this thread so yeah, I'm done with helping people and explaining things.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 5,185
Default

Two things I could not care less about when buying an autograph card for display; grade and parallel. Topps Walking Dead cards, all the different parallels, don't care. I'll just take the base card and be done with it. I don't need several Rosita autograph cards just because they are different colors. She still signed the same lazy signature on each card. Grading, I think others have covered that. They just aren't visually appealing. I like putting them in nice one-touch magnetic holders and call it a day.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,016
Default

I'm not sure why we can't agree it comes down to personal preference, and within the non-sports community only a minority prefer it. There are plenty of great reasons to get your cards graded, as others have described, there just currently isn't a huge market for modern graded cards in non-sports. Its not that there are no people that want graded cards, or no people willing to pay a premium for them. Its just a niche thing right now, and that could change at any time.

As some others have said, I could see the demand for modern graded PSA 10 or BGS 9.5/10 cards growing in the future, as that is the trend in related hobbies (sports, comics, etc...).
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.