Blowout Cards Forums
Powerful Savings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 07:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
True, but if they ever want to do it, last week's WD episode gave FTWD the perfect reveal for when the time comes. All they have to do is, at some point, have Madison tell someone the exact story about the rock in the road that Rick told and finish it by saying her mother is the person that told the story to her and that would make the connection.
The only thing FTWD has going for it is Alicia Debnam-Carey the other characters are just bad. Kim Dickens is aweful, all she does is have a sour look on her face 100% of the time she is annoying and put me off the show before it even aired and the way they rushed through the early stages made it all the much worse.
Xazark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Strand is still cool...
Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
The only thing FTWD has going for it is Alicia Debnam-Carey the other characters are just bad. Kim Dickens is aweful, all she does is have a sour look on her face 100% of the time she is annoying and put me off the show before it even aired and the way they rushed through the early stages made it all the much worse.
She is hot, granted, but her character is terrible. Wish she would die already.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

this show stinks but I still watch it. I think Z-nation is better but im quicker to catch up on FWD for some silly reason.
RIP4CASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:30 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Strand is still cool...
I know right, Colman Domingo is awesome.

Also Daniel Salazar (Ruben Blades).
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #31 (permalink)

In the new issue of NSU in the "Upcoming Releases" section it has Fear the Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2 and Preacher Season One from Topps listed as TBA.
StevieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
In the new issue of NSU in the "Upcoming Releases" section it has Fear the Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2 and Preacher Season One from Topps listed as TBA.
WOW. So it'll be topps... okay, better than nothing I guess! lol

thank you
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
WOW. So it'll be topps... okay, better than nothing I guess! lol

thank you
Topps has held the rights for almost a year now so that's the only way this could possibly happen since CZE did not release a set prior to losing the license.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

It's here!!!

https://www.topps.com/blog/topps-rel...-walking-dead/

"The wait for a trading card set for the AMC show Fear The Walking Dead is over.

Fear The Walking Dead Season 1&2 Widevision has released exclusively on Topps.com. The new set features 80 cards telling the story of the first two seasons of the hit TV show, and two autographed cards.

GET A FULL CHECKLIST HERE

Each box will have all 80 base cards, but the difference comes in the autographed cards. Each autograph will have four different parallel levels with Mud (numbered to 25), Mold (numbered to 10), Sepia (numbered to 5), and 1-of-1 Blood parallels.

Fear The Walking Dead Widevision will include autographed from actors Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia), Kim Dickens (Madison), Mercedes Mason (Ofelia) and more.

There are also five Dual Autograph Cards that are sequentially numbered to just three copies."

I got a box coming, so I'm very excited. Really hoping to hit ADC, but gotta wonder how common she'll be.....

Last edited by BlueForTheVirus; 04-25-2017 at 03:30 PM.
BlueForTheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForTheVirus View Post
It's here!!!

https://www.topps.com/blog/topps-rel...-walking-dead/

"The wait for a trading card set for the AMC show Fear The Walking Dead is over.

Fear The Walking Dead Season 1&2 Widevision has released exclusively on Topps.com. The new set features 80 cards telling the story of the first two seasons of the hit TV show, and two autographed cards.

GET A FULL CHECKLIST HERE

Each box will have all 80 base cards, but the difference comes in the autographed cards. Each autograph will have four different parallel levels with Mud (numbered to 25), Mold (numbered to 10), Sepia (numbered to 5), and 1-of-1 Blood parallels.

Fear The Walking Dead Widevision will include autographed from actors Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia), Kim Dickens (Madison), Mercedes Mason (Ofelia) and more.

There are also five Dual Autograph Cards that are sequentially numbered to just three copies."

I got a box coming, so I'm very excited. Really hoping to hit ADC, but gotta wonder how common she'll be.....
UGH (PUKES!!)

Wide???? is that those super oversized tall cards??? SMH!!!! I have absolutely zero interest in that. Just give us a damn standard size card set!!!! I hate those tall cards. I will not open or own any of these
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

If I can add 10,000 to my cart right now. Is that the production run thereabouts?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #37 (permalink)

I didn't have good luck with the Doctor Who box I bought from them, so I am hesitant... But man, I sure want a box.
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #38 (permalink)

Too bad, I was looking forward to this set, but I'm not interested in Widevision.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #39 (permalink)

This appears to have caused Topps' site to crash lol. Trying to order but can not.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

There's a pic of a Cliff Curtis (Travis) auto in the post but he's not in the checklist... checklist incorrect? As it is right now, there's only 8 signers.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
Too bad, I was looking forward to this set, but I'm not interested in Widevision.
Yeah I thought widevision was a gimmicks to re-release the same crap a second time. No?
Old 04-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Yeah I thought widevision was a gimmicks to re-release the same crap a second time. No?
How is widevision a gimmick?
Old 04-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForTheVirus View Post
If I can add 10,000 to my cart right now. Is that the production run thereabouts?
Highly doubt Topps would produce this many, usually they go in 2000-2500 production of Widevision cards.

The Dr. Who & Star Wars 3d Widevision sets are always nice, but only at 50% off ($50 instead of $100). The autos look great in Widevision.

Rumor is this show will not be renewed, haven't looked to see if it's accurate tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

The system did not allow me to add 1500 to my cart. I did not try to narrow down from there.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #45 (permalink)

It was renewed for season 4 a little while ago. Viewer-wise, I believe it's AMCs most popular show after TWD.

Thanks for the help narrowing down the production run, guys!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
How is widevision a gimmick?
If they release a set and then re-release the same material in a slightly different format, that's a gimmicks in my book.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
If they release a set and then re-release the same material in a slightly different format, that's a gimmicks in my book.
Like Cinnamon Frosted Flakes!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

$50 a box would be good, but not $100 even w/2 autos a box. seems like a lot of product with a small signer list. It basically a set with 2 additional cards which happen to be signed.
Patriots 5 time Champs
Squanching from coast to coast
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
The system did not allow me to add 1500 to my cart. I did not try to narrow down from there.
Earlier, I couldn't add 1500, but I could add 1475. So most likely means the set was limited to 1500, and just a few were already sold.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #50 (permalink)

Topps wants to charge a minimum of $20 to ship one box to AK...that is freaking insane.

I would be interested in a Mercedes Mason and Alycia Debnam-Carey autograph for anyone who opens this.
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote