Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default CREEPING FLESH - Dan Brereton's Monster Girls, from Sidekick!

Hey gang. Wanted to talk about a little project i'm working on with Dan Brereton and Sidekick, called 'Creeping Flesh: Dan Brereton's Monster Girls.' Thought it might interest some of you here, and thought it would be fun to give you a sneak peek.

It's a small, limited run of premium wax packs. Each pack will contain the complete set of 19 old style retro cards (like Mars Attacks Heritage parallels) and 1 Sticker Card. The art will be full color paintings, some new, some old, some unpublished.

We're printing some prototypes this week, and will probably put it on kickstarter some time soon to fund the full run, and maybe add some bonus features like sketch cards, autographs, foil stamping, etc.

If you guys aren't familiar with Dan's work, he's best known for his creator owned book NOCTURNALS (a new volume is on it's way this summer), but also has written and illustrated books for Marvel and DC, and he recently completed a 4 issue arc on Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight that he wrote and illustrated.

Dan of course has also contributed quite a few paintings to Mars Attacks over the years, including Mars Attacks Occupation, and of course he did sketch cards for the last 3 sets.

Below is an early mock up of the wax wrapper. Pardon the low resolution.

A Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Dan's work on Mars Attacks. I own over 30 of his sketch cards in total and have also bought art directly from Dan. This set looks fun! I will sponsor the kickstarter once it is up.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds cool. Good luck.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote