Blowout Cards Forums
March Mandess

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #26 (permalink)

With AOTC I found that the patch cards sold better than the medallions, so I wish it were the other way around.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

$100 does seem high, I would prefer it at $75, especially considering shipping fees makes it over $100. It will probably go on sale at some point, but individual card sales will also be lower at that points.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Also, playing devil's advocate here, but they didn't say there weren't medallions haha just no patches.
If so, they would be added value since there are 2 autos per box. I wouldn't mind that!
Old 02-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
$100 does seem high, I would prefer it at $75, especially considering shipping fees makes it over $100. It will probably go on sale at some point, but individual card sales will also be lower at that points.
If Topps had some promo where if you bought over X amount it'd be fun to do a box draft or hit draft, that way you'd have a better chance at a big auto.

I also hope Topps isn't going to have some crazy box with like Ridley AND Ford in it haha. Spread the love a little bit.

If this had sketches I'd risk $100 for a box, maybe if we get Rogue One they'll bring sketches back.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Losing the sketches is awful for this... to bad...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

In AOTC 3D they had... 10 total Ian McDiarmid? I'm willing to bet every big signer named in the OP will be /10 or less. Definitely less for Ford, I bet he'll have three 1/1s - 1 per parallel (basing on gold/silver/bronze tiers - you know they're gonna be there).
Old 02-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

I want sketch relics back!!! Plus I'd be a buyer at $75 but $100+ s/h? = too high IMO.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I want sketch relics back!!! Plus I'd be a buyer at $75 but $100+ s/h? = too high IMO.
Can you imagine how much a top notch Rey sketch relic would sell for???

That would be an excellent pull. And even better would be a sketchagraph relic! (We can dream ...)
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
In AOTC 3D they had... 10 total Ian McDiarmid? I'm willing to bet every big signer named in the OP will be /10 or less.
I don't think this is correct. I pulled a McDiarmid /10 and I know another BO member pulled a different card number McDiarmid /10, so figure there are at least 20 of him. He may also have had lower numbered autos - not sure about that.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
I don't think this is correct. I pulled a McDiarmid /10 and I know another BO member pulled a different card number McDiarmid /10, so figure there are at least 20 of him. He may also have had lower numbered autos - not sure about that.
McDiarmid had Chancellor and Emperor autos if I recall correctly. He probably had 22 total then with the 1/1s.

I keep asking @DarthVonOhlen on twitter for an auto parallel checklist but Topps keeps failing to deliver. They said a month ago they'd provide one for High Tek 2 and it never appeared.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

I'm the guy with the other Ian that was found and mentioned on this board, and it seems 22 is likely the maximum for him, or more surely would've shown up for sale by now. I'm keeping mine, and I think most others will be instantly PC'd, too. I would imagine the super collectors will be looking to have one of each. 10% of the entire run is effectively gone every time one achieves that.

I have a Frank Oz Widevision Yoda autograph I got from Topps for some SASEs and I only bought around 6 sets of 3D (all at discount) for the McDiarmid. I've been pretty lucky on these!

I've collected the 3d sets from the start, so there's no way I'd miss Force Awakens. I'll get a set or two at regular price just to make sure I don't totally miss out and the hope the prices come down some for a few more shots at a nice autograph. TFA 3D, even lacking sketches, should sell way better than any Prequel set, as would Rogue One 3D.

I'd like a new 3d set for New Hope, in the current boxed set, 2 hit format, using 44 images not found in the original episode 4 3D set from over 20 years ago. Call it Update Edition.