Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Fire & Ice

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudenjouden View Post
Ah no I got confused. I thought you were saying that you hit it only in S1 and not in S2. Understood now, you were just bummed to get two of the same auto from both series. Ouch, sounds like you've had a realllllll rough go with Rogue One cards

Nice hits dewman!
This made me lol
Old 04-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #227 (permalink)

Just pulled General Draven (Alistair Petrie) auto and color sketch from Ingrid Hardy of the Death Star entering a planet's orbit.
pjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #228 (permalink)

Picked up two boxes and pulled a nice Erik Maell sketch along with a Mon Mothma autographed printing plate. Good stuff.
Kyle Babbitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #229 (permalink)

Default 2017 Topps Star Wars Rogue One Series 2

Post a pic of Ingrid's card please (Kyle, you as well). I'm always on the hunt but I've had yet to pull one
joudenjouden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Babbitt View Post
Picked up two boxes and pulled a nice Erik Maell sketch along with a Mon Mothma autographed printing plate. Good stuff.
We're plate auto buddies! I think mine was cyan. What color was yours?
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
We're plate auto buddies! I think mine was cyan. What color was yours?
Magenta!
Kyle Babbitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 PM   #232 (permalink)

Default some of my sketches from Rogue One Series 2

Anil Sharma - Spacehindu's Art Thread
Spacehindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
Just pulled General Draven (Alistair Petrie) auto and color sketch from Ingrid Hardy of the Death Star entering a planet's orbit.
I pulled that one also. It is awesome piece. But it might be the 3rd one

Same sketch
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #234 (permalink)

Need some help. Missed the boat and didn't pull the tigger yesterday on boxes for under $90 now they are $100+. After seeing Boxes of Rogue 1 for around $85-90 I am tempted to get some more series 1 instead. Thoughts on which series is better? I am sitting on a ton of Series 1 sets that I can't move so Series 2 has that. I think the Autographs are better in Series 1 with it a lot easier to pull a Jones/Whitatker or Yen. I also think the Sketch quality is better in series 1 lots less b/w. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Hopefully I can find some Series 2 boxes under $90 in the next few days as I would like at least 1 master set.
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschade View Post
Need some help. Missed the boat and didn't pull the tigger yesterday on boxes for under $90 now they are $100+. After seeing Boxes of Rogue 1 for around $85-90 I am tempted to get some more series 1 instead. Thoughts on which series is better? I am sitting on a ton of Series 1 sets that I can't move so Series 2 has that. I think the Autographs are better in Series 1 with it a lot easier to pull a Jones/Whitatker or Yen. I also think the Sketch quality is better in series 1 lots less b/w. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Hopefully I can find some Series 2 boxes under $90 in the next few days as I would like at least 1 master set.
Lol@S2 at less than $90. GOOD LUCK. S2>s1 by a mile.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #236 (permalink)

Anyone know how hard it is to get a Jones out of S2 yet? Seems like they are very tough compared to S1 which was about 1 in 3 cases, and Autos aren't on card like S1. S2 has more parallels, but I am not sure its worth paying more for S2 boxes. Any other opinions. Hopefully some stores will get some in this week. Otherwise I maybe out of luck on S2. Don't really want to pay over $100 a box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Lol@S2 at less than $90. GOOD LUCK. S2>s1 by a mile.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #237 (permalink)

I only have one non sports card shop around me and they didn't get any. Looks like I'm not breaking any, would've been a patch and bistan auto most likely anyways haha. Series one was a pos for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #238 (permalink)

Autos in Series 1 and Series 2 were on stickers other than Felicity Jones in series 1, but they were also redemptions.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone know how hard it is to get a Jones out of S2 yet? Seems like they are very tough compared to S1 which was about 1 in 3 cases, and Autos aren't on card like S1. S2 has more parallels, but I am not sure its worth paying more for S2 boxes. Any other opinions. Hopefully some stores will get some in this week. Otherwise I maybe out of luck on S2. Don't really want to pay over $100 a box.
Assuming she only has /50 /10 and the 5 1/1 autos, that would put her 1 in every 5.7 cases so twice as hard to pull compared to S1. With this low production I don't think you will see sub $100 boxes and stores will not be getting a second round as there are none to be found through distribution channels.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #240 (permalink)

So if her Autographs are 2x as hard as S1 which one do you think is a better buy? Lets assume Sketches are same quality. Is it really worth to pay more for S2 for better chances at Parallels? Hopefully some more stores get some in and the hype dies down in the next few days. I did really well on S1 and would like to try some S2 but most likely missed the boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Assuming she only has /50 /10 and the 5 1/1 autos, that would put her 1 in every 5.7 cases so twice as hard to pull compared to S1. With this low production I don't think you will see sub $100 boxes and stores will not be getting a second round as there are none to be found through distribution channels.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #241 (permalink)

Just pulled a 1/1 base card and 1/1 plate from 4 boxes. Great product. Pics in the break section.
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually there is truth to that as they haven't let preorders drive it in the past. You really think there was 1,500 cases of Chrome JvS cases preordered or whatever ridiculous number Chrome TFA or Masterwork 2 produced? No. They over printed to make a large production run cause they thought the demand might be there. In this case, they knew preorders would be low and they still printed according to them.

The point that I (yes me) made on the Facebook page was that it was nice that they didn't overproduce, or print more supply than there was demand as they clearly did a few times last year. You always talk about its us, the customers who need to tell Topps what it is they're doing wrong (which you do by complaining about every set) and that's the only way we can change the market, so now I'm letting them know when they do something right, so the trend continues. Its just customer input.

To nearly halve the production from series one, which was a called a success by most people here, doesn't make much sense from a forecasting perspective. Of course people pre-ordered a ton of chrome 2 and MW2, considering how big of a hit the first ones were, especially the people looking to rip and flip or chasing Death Star relics.

Also, constructive criticism isn't the same as just complaining. The only main thing here is it's working, one way or another. Now if they could get all on card autos we'd really be in business.

TOPPS has proven with chrome 1, mw1, and these two rogue one sets that what works is a small 500-600 case print run with quality art, top name signers at reasonable odds, and few manufactured hits.

If they follow that trend it will keep the market very happy for buyers and sellers. If they jump into 1,000+ case range, we get into trouble again.

Only issue here is those who didn't preorder cannot find boxes at reasonable prices online, starting day one since there's scarcity and high quality sketches to drive up prices. However, I'm glad to see great art coming from this to counter the expanded auto list with lots of watered down signers this 2nd series.

Can anyone confirm if the base cards have story lines on the back or if the inserts are all numbered this time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #243 (permalink)

Default 2017 Topps Star Wars Rogue One Series 2

I'd say most definitely S2>S1, as there are plates like 1:10 boxes and a sketch in essentially every box was something that could not be found in S1

Last edited by joudenjouden; 04-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Can anyone confirm if the base cards have story lines on the back or if the inserts are all numbered this time?
Yes, the base cards have a description related to the story on the back, and the Inserts have IDs on the back.
Malavon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
So if her Autographs are 2x as hard as S1 which one do you think is a better buy? Lets assume Sketches are same quality. Is it really worth to pay more for S2 for better chances at Parallels? Hopefully some more stores get some in and the hype dies down in the next few days. I did really well on S1 and would like to try some S2 but most likely missed the boat
On card hands down over a sticker.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #246 (permalink)

6 cases
5 Master Sets
80 Gold/50
1 Orange /1
13 Patches
12 Printing Plates (One of which was General Draven Auto)
49 Autos (2 Jyn, 1 Chuirrut, 1 Saw, 5 Bodhi incl. Bodhi 1/1)
70 Sketches (I can post some images in a little while if people would like)
Fenway55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #247 (permalink)

For anyone still looking for boxes, someone in the Facebook group for Star Wars cards is selling boxes for $90 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
If all you are chasing is a Felicity Jones autograph, then yes Series 1 is better just for that. But people aren't buying Series 2 just to pull a Jones auto or to pull more parallels. They're buying it because in 90% of the boxes, you are getting 2 real hits, and pretty much every box has a sketch card. In Series 1, every box had a worthless medallion card as one of the two hits, so you usually only got 12 real hits per case. Series 2 people are getting more like 22 hits per case, some people are even getting more than that.

At this point, I think you will just have to get lucky and come across a LCS that hasn't checked the current prices of boxes, or someone who rushes to post on ebay without checking prices, in order to get cheap boxes. I would say the odds of finding cheap boxes are fairly slim.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
If your main goal is to acquire a FJ auto then my advise would be to buy one and avoid both series boxes. IMO, there looks to be a much higher current value in series 2 boxes even at a higher box price than series 1. Obviously it still comes down to luck of the draw with single boxes but odds are more in your favor with series 2 in everything except Jones autos.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #250 (permalink)

Do you have a link. $90 dlvd is a good deal. I need to join some of those groups. Just hate purchasing solo boxes as they maybe all duds

Quote:
For anyone still looking for boxes, someone in the Facebook group for Star Wars cards is selling boxes for $90 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk