Blowout Cards Forums
bronx blaster aaron judge

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #26 (permalink)

Only new big singer is Riz. The checklist has been posted...
Still pretty small, 15 signer list.

One great thing to note is that the Glebe brothers are finally back on this set, along with Ingrid Hardy and many other top notch artists. The sketch cards could still sell this set well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #27 (permalink)

https://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/...-Checklist.pdf

Checklist is now posted.
Looks pretty similar to Series 1, other than the auto list has doubled.

I would say Topps added 2 new signers that are good to this set in Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook & Alistair Petrie as General Draven. The others are small characters or people we have seen time and time again just as new characters.

The triple auto of Jyn, Saw and Chirrut is pretty sweet, but they are missing several of the top names that I wish they would have got to sign like:

Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, Wen Jiang as Baze Malbus, Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa or Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic.

It is nice to see that the Glebe brothers are backing doing sketch cards and there are many other favorites like:

Melike Acar, Ingrid Hardy, Carlos Cabaleiro, Ted Dastick Jr., Kris Penix and many others.

Also the printing press aka Robert Teranishi is not on this list, so hopefully most of the sketch cards are fantastic!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

With Series 1, I pulled 3 Felicity Jones autos in 2 cases and 3 boxes (27 total boxes)
Now with 15 autos in the set, it will be much harder to pull her.

I didn't get any #'ed autos in the 27 boxes I opened, so maybe you will now get close to 1 per case.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #29 (permalink)

"Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, Wen Jiang as Baze Malbus, Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa or Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic"

Have any of these signed in any star wars product yet? That is a big chunk of the Rogue One cast.
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Melike Acar, Ingrid Hardy, Carlos Cabaleiro, Ted Dastick Jr., Kris Penix and many others.
Oh man, put my name in with these others and you're REALLY gonna hate my cards. They're all monochromatic and different from what I've done in the past. Of course, I do hope they're well-received because I've approached a few upcoming sets the same way.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Oh man, put my name in with these others and you're REALLY gonna hate my cards. They're all monochromatic and different from what I've done in the past. Of course, I do hope they're well-received because I've approached a few upcoming sets the same way.
I had to include your name, because I knew you would be reading this! LOL

Also it is always great to pull a card from someone you somewhat know.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #32 (permalink)

That's a lot of artists on that list ... could mean a much higher production run? Great to see a good mix of artist names; those who are well known to SW fans (in a good way!) and quite a few newer artists too.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
https://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/...-Checklist.pdf

Checklist is now posted.
Looks pretty similar to Series 1, other than the auto list has doubled.

I would say Topps added 2 new signers that are good to this set in Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook & Alistair Petrie as General Draven. The others are small characters or people we have seen time and time again just as new characters.

The triple auto of Jyn, Saw and Chirrut is pretty sweet, but they are missing several of the top names that I wish they would have got to sign like:

Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, Wen Jiang as Baze Malbus, Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa or Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic.

It is nice to see that the Glebe brothers are backing doing sketch cards and there are many other favorites like:

Also the printing press aka Robert Teranishi is not on this list, so hopefully most of the sketch cards are fantastic!
Big let down as far as signers go. Sure they kept Jones and Whittaker, but Riz was the only new Rogue Crew member and he was the least featured of them all.

And once again more Tim Rose and Aidan Cook. So sick of these stupid alien background characters with 2s of screen time. I'd rather trade all of Aidan's autos in this set for one more Rogue member or Krennic or Gaylen Erso.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I had to include your name, because I knew you would be reading this! LOL

Also it is always great to pull a card from someone you somewhat know.
Just don't be upset you can't resell them for $100+ and you'll like them.

To address jamesr - I can't say how many, but I will say I didn't do much for this set. So don't let the large artist list fool you into thinking there are millions of sketches.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
That's a lot of artists on that list ... could mean a much higher production run? Great to see a good mix of artist names; those who are well known to SW fans (in a good way!) and quite a few newer artists too.
There were 78 artists for Series 1 vs 75 for Series 2, so basically the same.
Each did an average of 43 for Series 1, so I would guess it would be similar for this set.

Last set you got about 5 sketches per case, which was really nice.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
There were 78 artists for Series 1 vs 75 for Series 2, so basically the same.
Each did an average of 43 for Series 1, so I would guess it would be similar for this set.

Last set you got about 5 sketches per case, which was really nice.
OK, cool - thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the S1 list was much smaller; must have been getting confused with another set.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
OK, cool - thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the S1 list was much smaller; must have been getting confused with another set.
Mission to Rogue One only had 33 artists and you only got about 2 per case.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

I have a bad feeling that all the autos will be stickers. Hopefully Topps proves me wrong but I'm guessing when they had felicity in last time, she signed the series one cards but stickers for the ongoing products. who knows.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
I have a bad feeling that all the autos will be stickers. Hopefully Topps proves me wrong but I'm guessing when they had felicity in last time, she signed the series one cards but stickers for the ongoing products. who knows.
My guess is that Felicity will be on card because she probably signed the Series 1 redemptions and Series 2 cards at the same time.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #40 (permalink)

That massive Artist group stands out for sure...

Should be sketch heavy....

lots of great names also
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #41 (permalink)

Default Upcoming Release

Release is less than a week away and case prices and availability remain static.

I'm assuming more product will be available mid to late next week?
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidethefive View Post
Release is less than a week away and case prices and availability remain static.

Prices have increased since initial solicitation. Also places like D&A, Steel City and ATL are no longer pre-selling this product. There are no hobby cases on EBay, just a few boxes currently listed.
I am hoping and thinking that production will be low and similar to series 1.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Prices have increased since initial solicitation. Also places like D&A, Steel City and ATL are no longer pre-selling this product. There are no hobby cases on EBay, just a few boxes currently listed.
I am hoping and thinking that production will be low and similar to series 1.
If the parallels on autos stayed the same, the largeer pool of signers would mean higher production.

This set is definitely a break if you want sketches. Signer-wise it's lackluster. S1 was the perfect combo of small pool with big names and great art. S2 got watered down IMO.

I'm just waiting on 40th Anniversary, depending on the sig list.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm sure all of the main online retailers will have it in stock next week once it releases. I can't think of any previous Star Wars product that hasn't been in stock during at least the first week.

Prices are static because they've already been pushed up pretty high... it's already priced as high as Series 1 ended up at. But Series 1 ended up there because of how loaded it was, and because a large amount of it was broken at $70-80/box. Once it hit $90+/box, much less of it got broken.

This set starting off at $90/box is a little worrisome to me, because of the larger auto list, and because we really don't know how many sketch cards you will get per case. Just based on the number of artists staying roughly the same while the number of auto signers going up suggests that there will likely be more autographs and less sketch cards per case than in Series 1. If you get 1-2 more autos and 1-2 less sketch cards per case, how will that affect the value of boxes?

At current retail prices, I think it's pretty safe to wait until after some case breaks get posted to decide whether to buy.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I'm sure all of the main online retailers will have it in stock next week once it releases. I can't think of any previous Star Wars product that hasn't been in stock during at least the first week.

Prices are static because they've already been pushed up pretty high... it's already priced as high as Series 1 ended up at. But Series 1 ended up there because of how loaded it was, and because a large amount of it was broken at $70-80/box. Once it hit $90+/box, much less of it got broken.

This set starting off at $90/box is a little worrisome to me, because of the larger auto list, and because we really don't know how many sketch cards you will get per case. Just based on the number of artists staying roughly the same while the number of auto signers going up suggests that there will likely be more autographs and less sketch cards per case than in Series 1. If you get 1-2 more autos and 1-2 less sketch cards per case, how will that affect the value of boxes?

At current retail prices, I think it's pretty safe to wait until after some case breaks get posted to decide whether to buy.
I agree, retailers will have this once it is released, but just odd that there is so little less than a week out.

Also I agree that prices are pretty high and should only come down.
I got in a decent price, so I am happy when I got in.

I don't think overall production will be higher, but you could be right about getting more autos per box this time.
Hopefully it's just that the print run of each auto is lower than it was in series 1.
That might just be wishful thinking though!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Also I agree that prices are pretty high and should only come down.
They'll be $70 or less within a month. There's not really anything in this set that puts it above the first series. Yeah the multi-signed cards are nice, but they're going to be numbered so low that nobody will be actively chasing them. They're nice to hit, but I can't imagine anyone opening "one more box" trying for them.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
They'll be $70 or less within a month. There's not really anything in this set that puts it above the first series. Yeah the multi-signed cards are nice, but they're going to be numbered so low that nobody will be actively chasing them. They're nice to hit, but I can't imagine anyone opening "one more box" trying for them.
I could be wrong, but I don't see them going down to $70/box. Maybe $75-$80.

I think the breakdown on the case hit #'s will be....

Autograph- 7-8
Sketches- 3-4
Printing Plate- 0-1
Old 03-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I don't see them going down to $70/box. Maybe $75-$80.

I think the breakdown on the case hit #'s will be....

Autograph- 7-8
Sketches- 3-4
Printing Plate- 0-1
if sketches are 3 per case they will be $70 in a month, lol.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
if sketches are 3 per case they will be $70 in a month, lol.
I think it depends.....out of the average of 5 sketches I received in Series 1, typically three of them were high quality sketches.

If you get 2-3 high quality sketches in Series 2, I still think it's worth $80/box.

I guess time will tell...
Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #50 (permalink)

Yea no doubt! Although the sketches do seem pretty cool for sure.
moistpaper is offline   Reply With Quote