Blowout Cards Forums
17 mega march

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #101 (permalink)

Assuming the run is approx. 2,100 sets or so, one of Hamill's 11 cards (1/1 & x/10) is to be found every 190 sets, not too shabby. I thought he might have 6 cards, so this is a pleasant surprise for someone like me not at all looking to flip that one should I luck into it. I have his autograph, a nice one, on an index card, but I'd love to PC one from this set. My two boxes should arrive on Tuesday.
If not me, then by all means, one of you.
Good luck, breakers!
Old 03-10-2017, 07:59 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwinstarx View Post
Guy on FB pulled a Mark Hamill x/10.
Then proceeded to swear up a storm.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #103 (permalink)

Thanks for the pack odds, that helps quiet our fears. This along with Hamill signing at least 11 makes this product better than we thought.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Then proceeded to swear up a storm.
Yeah, I must be getting old. I thought the f-bomb dropping was way over the top.

I remember pulling my first Mark Hamill from Heritage and being super happy and shocked at the same time. It was an epic moment in card collecting for me because, no joke, I was watching ESB and at the exact moment I pulled the Hamill auto, Vader said "The Force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."

Now, if I ever pull a Harrison Ford auto, I may drop all kinds of expletives in overwhelming joy... because I have told myself that is when I stop opening cases!!!

Back to the box opening videos (not the f-bomb one), but the thing that drives me crazy is seeing these videos that could likely be 3-4 minutes but are stretched out to 15-20!!!
Darth Smittyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Smittyous View Post

Back to the box opening videos (not the f-bomb one), but the thing that drives me crazy is seeing these videos that could likely be 3-4 minutes but are stretched out to 15-20!!!
Well the f-bomb video was great because it was only about 1.5 minutes

I personally thought it was pretty funny
joudenjouden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #106 (permalink)

link that vid pls. what like to see it.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #107 (permalink)

Well, I continue my streak of mediocrity. I got my two boxes today.

Just like I got Tim Rosed in my Evolution case (two Tim Rose xx/25), and Hugh Quarshied in Rogue One: Mission Briefing (two Hugh Quarshie XX/50), I got John Mortoned today ( Morton 4/5 and Morton 2/10). I also got Kenneth Colley (63/99) and, sigh, Tim Rose (74/99). I think I used up all of my Star Wars cards collecting karma a few years ago when I hit a hot box in Star Wars Illustrated (two Hamill sketchagraphs, three Mayhews, one Daniels/Kris Penix C-3PO and a David Paymer - both Hamills were in one box with at least 2 Mayhews - honestly, I didn't even realize what was going on at first). I have no animosity toward any of these guys, and I appreciate their involvement in something that I love so much, but geez...

Also got 3 blue base parallels (xx/75), 2 green (xx/40) and 1 gold (xx/25).

The base cards are kind of meh. I like the throwback images, and appreciate Topps doing this, but no way is it worth $100 a set. Just thought I'd share.
mtcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
link that vid pls. what like to see it.
It's in a closed group, don't think we can.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #109 (permalink)

This is what I have so far as to be the makeup of the set:

Base Card Parallels
Blue (#'d to 75)
Green (#'d to 40)
Gold (#'d to 25) - 1:2
Red (#'d to 1) - 1:44

Autographs
Base White (#'d to 99 or 199)
Blue (#'d to 25)
Green (#'d to 10) 1:6
Gold (#'d to 5) 1:10
Red (#'d to 1) 1:49

One very lucky fellow got a Carrie Fisher /10 auto and a Luke base 1/1 in the same box. It's posted in the breakdowns.

Last edited by jdandns; 03-11-2017 at 04:38 PM.
jdandns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #110 (permalink)

Default Topps Star Wars Sugarfree Gum (Mystery Product)

Oh man, the photoshop to crop out his left arm is making me cringe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #111 (permalink)

I got Rose'd.
xtwinstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #112 (permalink)

Get the man some Skele-gro!
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #113 (permalink)

I was excited for this set because it is based on a vintage set that I don't have so I bought one right away. I received it today and after having it in hand, there is no way the $99.99 price tag is justified. The base cards are super thin and plain and Topps didn't number them. Maybe a little thicker stock, or some foil, or foilboard/rainbow stock, or some design work on the borders besides plain white might have enhanced this set. It's nice to have the images and designs in my collection but no way it should be priced over $49.99.

The inserts in my set were:
- Chewie Blue Border Parallel 52/75
- Leia Blue Border Parallel 71/75
- Jawas Green Border Parallel 24/40

- Dennis Lawson as Wedge Base White Border Autograph 72/99
- John Ratzenberger as Bren Derlin Blue Border Autograph 14/25
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Oh man, the photoshop to crop out his left arm is making me cringe

He looks like a T-Rex. They should have cropped that arm off entirely.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #115 (permalink)

Here I will save you with my strong hand!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I was excited for this set because it is based on a vintage set that I don't have so I bought one right away. I received it today and after having it in hand, there is no way the $99.99 price tag is justified. The base cards are super thin and plain and Topps didn't number them. Maybe a little thicker stock, or some foil, or foilboard/rainbow stock, or some design work on the borders besides plain white might have enhanced this set. It's nice to have the images and designs in my collection but no way it should be priced over $49.99.

The inserts in my set were:
- Chewie Blue Border Parallel 52/75
- Leia Blue Border Parallel 71/75
- Jawas Green Border Parallel 24/40

- Dennis Lawson as Wedge Base White Border Autograph 72/99
- John Ratzenberger as Bren Derlin Blue Border Autograph 14/25
Wow, I don't think Denis Lawson had signed higher than /50 in the past sets.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #117 (permalink)

Assuming 2060 sets, they've now sold 600 of them approx. (if the cart method of measuring is accurate) at full price, albeit 500 of those with free shipping from the pre-sale. There were 1571 after the pre-sale ended and 1470 now.

My two are due tomorrow, but very shortly about 1,200 autographs from this series should be in the wild, the aggregate pulls of all the early buyers. Besides the Luke and Leia (of 10) that were pulled, there's a Lando (/25) listed. There should be some more good ones surfacing, now approaching 30% opened.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Assuming 2060 sets, they've now sold 600 of them approx. (if the cart method of measuring is accurate) at full price, albeit 500 of those with free shipping from the pre-sale. There were 1571 after the pre-sale ended and 1470 now.

My two are due tomorrow, but very shortly about 1,200 autographs from this series should be in the wild, the aggregate pulls of all the early buyers. Besides the Luke and Leia (of 10) that were pulled, there's a Lando (/25) listed. There should be some more good ones surfacing, now approaching 30% opened.

I opened 2 boxes and the best I got was a Mike Quinn as Sy Snootles Gold Auto #/5. I also got a Tusken Raider Gold parallel #/25 and 2x Luke Green Parallels #/40.

With only 30% sold so far, Topps will be discounting these boxes very soon, so I would tell everyone to hold off buying any until then. They probably won't go $40 low, but maybe $60 to $75 seems possible.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I opened 2 boxes and the best I got was a Mike Quinn as Sy Snootles Gold Auto #/5. I also got a Tusken Raider Gold parallel #/25 and 2x Luke Green Parallels #/40.

With only 30% sold so far, Topps will be discounting these boxes very soon, so I would tell everyone to hold off buying any until then. They probably won't go $40 low, but maybe $60 to $75 seems possible.
It would not surprise me at all to see these for sale at The Topps booth at Celebration next month. If they were to bring these they could blow through quite a few for full retail. The ability to break on the spot with no shipping cost or wait time during the excitement of the convention would be very appealing to many people imo.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
It would not surprise me at all to see these for sale at The Topps booth at Celebration next month. If they were to bring these they could blow through quite a few for full retail. The ability to break on the spot with no shipping cost or wait time during the excitement of the convention would be very appealing to many people imo.
For sure. People who know nothing about cards at the show will gladly buy this, and unless he's signing at the show, actually be EXCITED to pull a Tim Rose!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
You are correct, but that would probably be a few hundred at most right? I guess I wouldn't know how many they could sell.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
For sure. People who know nothing about cards at the show will gladly buy this, and unless he's signing at the show, actually be EXCITED to pull a Tim Rose!
That is it exactly Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
You are correct, but that would probably be a few hundred at most right? I guess I wouldn't know how many they could sell.
100,000+ people over 4 days, most just looking for new and exclusive things to spend cash on....oh yea, they could move most if not all of them.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #123 (permalink)

Hamill 1/1 pulled in a fb group.

Topps also didn't respond to my inquiry for an auto parallel checklist. they did it for MW2 after the big backlash and said they'd do it for future sets and then nothing but silence.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Hamill 1/1 pulled in a fb group.

Topps also didn't respond to my inquiry for an auto parallel checklist. they did it for MW2 after the big backlash and said they'd do it for future sets and then nothing but silence.
He didn't show the back, I need to see the back to believe it lol. Although I think it does have a diff border to it. He had good pulls tho. Very tempted to try this for the Ford.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
He didn't show the back, I need to see the back to believe it lol. Although I think it does have a diff border to it. He had good pulls tho. Very tempted to try this for the Ford.

Red border is the 1/1

And wait for the price drop.