Blowout Cards Forums
13/14 bk Gianninis

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #151 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moistpaper View Post
I'd buy another box if it was half off, but damn, the quality of this set is really poor. But I do like that it's an original trilogy focused set.
I'm not sure how many boxes they brought to SWCO but they sold every one they brought. I was purchasing one on Sunday morning but my card company had put a fraud alert on my card due to previous day spending. While I stepped away to call the bank the Topps dude sold the last 2 they had. Ended up getting a couple of AOTC 3D boxes for the promos. Nothing exciting in the Widevision boxes...
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
I'm not sure how many boxes they brought to SWCO but they sold every one they brought. I was purchasing one on Sunday morning but my card company had put a fraud alert on my card due to previous day spending. While I stepped away to call the bank the Topps dude sold the last 2 they had. Ended up getting a couple of AOTC 3D boxes for the promos. Nothing exciting in the Widevision boxes...
Had I known how much the promo cards would sell for I would've stocked up like crazy!

Those cards are selling for $100+ and that's not even a cool number like 1, 40, 77, or 200 /200.

Also, I didn't know the first two days the bald dude was giving 2 per sugar free instead of 1 per purchase.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,897
Default

Still over 1100 available on the Topps site, so hopefully they will put them on sale soon.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Still over 1100 available on the Topps site, so hopefully they will put them on sale soon.
right now, after Celebration, I've been noticing an increasing number of sugar-free opened sets for cheap. Now is the time to buy a no-hits set of sugar-free or AotC because the market is flooded.

Even 50% off can't beat $20 for a no-hit set of this stuff because the typical break yields 2@ $10 autos or even patches.

(Scroogely waiting for my 40th case to drop)
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 1,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Still over 1100 available on the Topps site, so hopefully they will put them on sale soon.
Someone at Topps is kicking themselves for not bringing more to Celebration
__________________
Always Looking to buy/trade for Auto cards of University of Florida players in college uniform, Dale Murphy cards, and hard to find Star Wars Autos
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 4,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Someone at Topps is kicking themselves for not bringing more to Celebration
Or they haven't updated their amounts which is quite possible as my friends were just getting home due to a huge storm in Houston from Florida.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #157 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Had I known how much the promo cards would sell for I would've stocked up like crazy!

Those cards are selling for $100+ and that's not even a cool number like 1, 40, 77, or 200 /200.

Also, I didn't know the first two days the bald dude was giving 2 per sugar free instead of 1 per purchase.
The other guy was giving 2 as well. I bought a box of Sugar Free on Friday and asked do I get 2 cards if i spend $100? He said "well technically, no but it's the end of the day" so he gave me 2 han Solo's. On Saturday, I was going to buy another box & asked "will you give me 2? you did yesterday", he said "well that was at the end of the day"...so I said I'd be back later...so about 1/2 hour later, I went back & saw they were running low, so I told the guy I would just buy it now...& he gave me 2 Darth Vaders.
I did pull a Green Chewie #1/10 autograph out of 1 box.
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.